Gibson Brands Forums

My Les paul Raw power

voughtrazer

I found this beauty in my local guitar shop. At first I was willing to buy the 60's tribute Les Paul. A month ago, I was going to give the 20% of the guitar so they could hold for me my future guitar (The 60's tribute Gibby) since I didn't have the 990 dollars right away. But as I entered the store I found this Les Paul, I thought for a second that it was the Joe Bonamassa Les Paul because I never saw it before in the store. I was mistaken, at that second I saw this beautiful Blonde Neck which looks sexy on a Les Paul (in my opinion), I said in my mind I have a good feeling about this guitar. I played it and I fell in love with it, the 50's profile neck killed me, I thought I was going to hate it, but after a while you get used to it, I check the back to see the year, and it was a surprise for me since the guitar was made back in 2009. I didn't think twice since I saw a guy asking for that guitar, I say to a friend of mine that works there that I want to give the 20% of that guitar. Every week I gave to the guy more deposit, sometimes I gave him 180 and sometimes 380, I really worked hard to pay for this guitar. Last Saturday I finally finished paying for it. It was quite dirty, the guitar was hidden from the public for 2 and a half years and was put there that very same day I entered. I played with it and decided to check the serial number. I was also surprised.

Your guitar was made at the

Nashville Plant, TN, USA

June 2nd, 2009

Production Number: 8

It seems this guitar was one of the first 2nd generation Raw powers to exist. The only thing bad thing I have to say about this guitar is that it has a small blemish. I personally don't care, it doesn't affect the sound of the guitar. Here are some pics of the guitar.

1000208w.jpg

1000205s.jpg

1000201z.jpg

1000184a.jpg

1000200h.jpg

1000195h.jpg

1000185w.jpg

1000170g.jpg

Blingtastic!

Never seen a Gibson LP with a Maple fretboard.

What makes this Gibson LP Studio a Raw Power one?

Besides being that the name given to the guitar, this guitar is all maple. The sound is just amazing, it comes with a pair of Gibson 57's. I love this guitar.

Besides being that the name given to the guitar, this guitar is all maple. The sound is just amazing, it comes with a pair of Gibson 57's. I love this guitar.

Interesting to hear it's completely maple!

Wonder if the body is one solid piece of maple or if it has a maple body and maple cap.

I'm sure it would be an enjoyable guitar to have.

Makes me wonder what the weight comparison would be to a typical mahogany w/maple cap LP studio.

Noticed in a couple of your pics, you had an interesting way of stringing your guitar at the tail piece.

Interesting to hear it's completely maple!

Wonder if the body is one solid piece of maple or if it has a maple body and maple cap.

I'm sure it would be an enjoyable guitar to have.

Makes me wonder what the weight comparison would be to a typical mahogany w/maple cap LP studio.

Noticed in a couple of your pics, you had an interesting way of stringing your guitar at the tail piece.

I agree with you, this is a very interesting guitar, I personally never saw one in my life before.

As far as I know this guitar body is chambered with a maple cap, but the sound of it is awesome.

as a matter of weight this all maple chambered Les Paul weights (5.37 lbs) more than the regular mahogany with maple cap Studio (4.71 lbs).

In my personal opinion I like the maple neck it's just perfect.

actually I restring my guitar that way is because it adds more sustain to it.

Sweet, if I recall it is all maple except for the neck with is mahogany with the maple fret board.

Did it come top wrapped on the stoptail ?

Actually the neck is also all maple no mahogany at all in this guitar.

Actually I did that wrapping to the stoptail.

I REALLY wish I could afford a Gibby, this thread hurts...](*,) And congrats on that wonderful guitar! [thumbup]

Thank you. Don't give up, save every single buck you can, don't worry if it takes some time, there's always a great opportunity to be the owner of one. For example Gibson has those 60's tribute Les Pauls at good prices, I've seen them at 600 bucks on Ebay.

• 3 weeks later...

Your right all maple http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Studio-Raw-Power.aspx

Neck and Headstock Species

The neck of the Les Paul Studio Raw Power is constructed from three solid pieces of maple, and glued to the body at a 5-degree angle (pitch). In addition to being a strong, reliable wood species for neck construction — and a traditional favorite among many guitar makers — maple’s tight, even grain and low porosity means it can be finished with minimum coats of nitro, for a comfortable, “played-in” feel that is fast and smooth. Maple’s outstanding strength also allows a neck to be carved thinner than some other woods will tolerate.

Nice Raw Power! I have the Silver Burst and I love it. I gave $599 for it at Guitar Center.

DSCN0759.jpg

IMG_20110918_045410.jpg

Lots of people seem to think there is some mahogany in these because Premier Guitar ran a write up saying they did.

I love the color of your guitar. [thumbup] Actually you did a good deal, I bought this gibby for 990 dollars plus taxes, but the hardshell case was a "gift" that my friend gave me. I'm curious for how long this guitar was made or how many Raw powers were made.

Archived