Gibson Brands Forums

Whats your favorite Les Paul?

cam011235

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ahhh thats an easy one

a 1960's VOS Reissue Ebony Les Paul Custom. However i'd ask for a few mods like the first fret marker removed Nickel hardware and my choice of electronics weighing approx 9.5lbs with no weight relief and certainly no chambering. because it would be a reissue i'd have a long neck tennon ABR-1 bridge drilled directly into the maple cap without bushings and transparent black cavity covers.

[drool]

Hello! My dream is a '74 20th Anniversary LP Custom in off-white. Or a maple-boarded 70s Black Beauty. And a... :) Cheers... Bence

haha i am the same i got this big list that unfortunately is very theoretical..some of those ol black beauties r so gorgeous but they r getting so pricey..one day .. oh yeah a wine red/gold early seventies customs and a seventies silverburst turning green in good nick ..i could go on [razz]

That is so beautiful ..^^^ i can see why it is so popular that is a superb burst [thumbup]

[lol]

Well, I don't know that she's particularly popular with anyone but myself, but I try to give her all the love she deserves (and she sounds better than she looks, btw).

Thanks very much for the compliment!

P.

haha i am the same i got this big list that unfortunately is very theoretical..some of those ol black beauties r so gorgeous but they r getting so pricey..one day .. oh yeah a wine red/gold early seventies customs and a seventies silverburst turning green in good nick ..i could go on [razz]

Good that You mentioned the Silverburst, that would be the third option on my list, with 3 pickups...:) Yes, unfortunately they are out of my reach too - but decided not to die until I get an old LP Custom.

For me its got to be a 59 reissue [biggrin] and since I like flame tops it would have to be in killer quilt. Although, one thing I haven't worked out so far, is what is the difference between a VOS and a reissue. I know what the acronym stands for but still not sure of the difference.

this is the most valuable guitar in australia it is an original sunburst 59 standard one of the holy grail guitars i saw it on ebay last month for $400 000...this isnt a spam hahaa any one spare 400 k? just a magnificent guitar that is quite well known out here..they claim it is one of the better ones but they seem to have trouble selling it..!! [biggrin]

DSCF24161.jpg

mine will be Les Paul Trad Ice Tea and i will have this guitar in 2 month \:D/ [wub][lol][drool][thumbup]

cool the ice tea is nice..the subtle bursts look good. i would like to hear how it goes when you get it.. i got my eye on a traditional too..i really like the ones i have played so far..despite some good prices on vintage guitars i am thinking bout getting one soon [rolleyes]

Angellus, all ABRs don't have bushings and there is no maple cap on a '60 Custom.

no maple cap.....ahhh do the modern customs have maple or is that why the customs mainly come in ebony and alpine white?

I know the original ABR-1's were direct into the wood, i've been contemplating putting a Callaham ABR-1 on my traditional, is the Nashville conversion using the callaham studs worth it (authentic to original ABR-1) in your oppinion?

from the picture i am unsure if the conversion studs are basically another bushing or if the post is one piece of metal with the stud?

For me its got to be a 59 reissue [biggrin] and since I like flame tops it would have to be in killer quilt. Although, one thing I haven't worked out so far, is what is the difference between a VOS and a reissue. I know what the acronym stands for but still not sure of the difference.

The VOS process is only used on re-issues. Re-issues can be either high gloss or VOS. It is a dulling process used by Gibson in order to make the instrument appear older than it really is - as opposed to the 'brand-new' look of the hi-gloss instruments.

P.

The VOS process is only used on re-issues. Re-issues can be either high gloss or VOS. It is a dulling process used by Gibson in order to make the instrument appear older than it really is - as opposed to the 'brand-new' look of the hi-gloss instruments.

P.

Hi Pippy,

Thanks for the clarification! :)

Nitefly

Archived