Gibson Brands Forums

Tablets

djroge1

I've been thinking about getting a tablet and I've started researching them. I really need to first figure out what I really plan on doing with the tablet.

So, who has one? What do you have - iPad, Transformer, Galaxy or whatever. How do you use yours and what do you like/dislike about it?

I suppose at this point we also get the arguments about apple and pc... oh well it's part of it.

I've been thinking about getting a tablet and I've started researching them. I really need to first figure out what I really plan on doing with the tablet.

So, who has one? What do you have - iPad, Transformer, Galaxy or whatever. How do you use yours and what do you like/dislike about it?

I suppose at this point we also get the arguments about apple and pc... oh well it's part of it.

i think you should lay off whatever tablets your taking as they make you waffle on a bit, also they can be addictive if taken on a regular basis.

i take "ibuprofen" only when i have a backache but otherwise i stear clear of most medicines/tablets.

i think you should lay off whatever tablets your taking as they make you waffle on a bit, also they can be addictive if taken on a regular basis.

i take "ibuprofen" only when i have a backache but otherwise i stear clear of most medicines/tablets.

[lol] [lol] [lol]

I use an iPad at home. For what I do at home anymore, it works pretty well. Although it can be tedious if you are doing some cutting & pasting, or a lot of typing. I recommend tablets if you do a lot of reading/browsing.

I know a lot of people don't like the iPad because it doesn't do Flash, but that's a non issue for me. In fact, I go through great effort to block Flash on my computers as well... way too much junk.

I think the Android tablets are pretty decent too, I just prefer Apple products over Google for varying reasons I won't go into now. Give them all a try and get whichever one works best for you.

my mom has an iPad as well as a couple of my friends. When I ask them, it gets used pretty much like sitting on the couch, watching tv to look something up real quick, play a game, read, chat on facebook, etc. Pretty much, what I use my iPhone for. I have a kindle for reading books because I prefer the screen for reading, and everything else I just use my phone for unless I'm on my laptop.

My iPad has pretty much replaced my notebook.

As a reader, there are nook, kindle and apple iBooks apps, so all the combinations are covered there. GoodReader is really good too, for PDF manuals and the such.

GarageBand + Apogee Jam is very cool. The Jam interface works with GarageBand on Mac and on iOS devices.

Netflix is awesome, as is syncing video with iTunes. Watch a lot of stuff on it esp. when traveling.

I even use an RDC client for remote access to my windows servers at work, and my home PC and Mac when off on business.

My iPad has pretty much replaced my notebook.

As a reader, there are nook, kindle and apple iBooks apps, so all the combinations are covered there. GoodReader is really good too, for PDF manuals and the such.

GarageBand + Apogee Jam is very cool. The Jam interface works with GarageBand on Mac and on iOS devices.

Netflix is awesome, as is syncing video with iTunes. Watch a lot of stuff on it esp. when traveling.

I even use an RDC client for remote access to my windows servers at work, and my home PC and Mac when off on business.

GarageBand is probably one of the best values on the iPad in my opinion.. I think I paid $4.99 for it? There's so much you can do with it. I also have Amplitube Fender, which I use when I feel like playing upstairs with headphones. I wish I had tools like this when I first started playing years ago.

Guest farnsbarns

I have an acer iconia a500 Android 10.1 inch tab. The really useful thing about that is I can connect it to a USB hard drive and copy files back and forth. There are several good office aps so I can create an invoice from my template in Excel and send it to a customer on the go. Its main purpose is as a mobile internet device for demonstrating concepts to customers on the move. It's fast, light and does exactly what it was designed for.

GarageBand is probably one of the best values on the iPad in my opinion.. I think I paid $4.99 for it? There's so much you can do with it. I also have Amplitube Fender, which I use when I feel like playing upstairs with headphones. I wish I had tools like this when I first started playing years ago.

There are so many cool apps for smart phones and the like. I use the Gibson app quite frequently (free too), the tap tempo metronome is pretty neat. The tuner leaves a lot to be desired but I think some of the issue is with the phone's abilities more so than the application.

This is one area I was thinking I could use it. As I walk around the school trouble shooting computers, printers, and network I think it would be easier to carry around from room to room and pull up my notes. I would also occasionally need to remote into active directory

I have an acer iconia a500 Android 10.1 inch tab. The really useful thing about that is I can connect it to a USB hard drive and copy files back and forth. There are several good office aps so I can create an invoice from my template in Excel and send it to a customer on the go. Its main purpose is as a mobile internet device for demonstrating concepts to customers on the move. It's fast, light and does exactly what it was designed for.

The Acer Iconia is the main one I'm am seriously considering (between this and the Asus Transformer.

Guest farnsbarns

This is one area I was thinking I could use it. As I walk around the school trouble shooting computers, printers, and network I think it would be easier to carry around from room to room and pull up my notes. I would also occasionally need to remote into active directory

The Acer Iconia is the main one I'm am seriously considering (between this and the Asus Transformer.

TMK the Transformer has no USB host. I'd go dir the Acer between those two.

TMK the Transformer UAE no USB host. I'd fedi go sorge the Acer between those two.

The USB is the main reason I'm leaning more towards the Acer. However, if you buy the keyboard docking station with the Asus then you now have USB. That's where I'm tossed between those.

I've been looking around if Acer has a keyboard dock - do you know if it has one?

Guest farnsbarns

The USB is the main reason I'm leaning more towards the Acer. However, if you buy the keyboard docking station with the Asus then you now have USB. That's where I'm tossed between those.

I've been looking around if Acer has a keyboard dock - do you know if it has one?

I believe the USB on the transformer is not full host so wont take hard drives etc. Could be wrong!

The acer gas a media dock and will take USB or bluetooth keyboards. There is a nice case which folds over to become a stand.

Archived