Gibson Brands Forums

Walk the walk and talk the talk...

Flight959

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, guys, [mellow] I have listened to the first two things of Damiana, this is really very cool! [thumbup]

And the first impression that I immediately noticed this is a culture of sound in his things that attracted immediately. His things have a good read panorama, clear stereo localization. That, I mentioned in one of my posts, is important for a good (comfortable) perception, but not all do it. But what, in principle, any of us can do this (such culture of sound) by means of modern computers.

And of course his individual musical finds, yes, very cool.

With the permission of Damian, I will continue to get acquainted with his things tomorrow. :rolleyes:

[confused]

Sorry, Flight959, I did not mean anything bad, just at that moment I was going to listen to these interesting things

Oh my, is that you? Very expressive [biggrin]

Haha, it's unlisted or a reason, I was noodling around with my peavey predator with a glass slide and wanted to see how high I could get the note. I recorded it just so I could laugh at it but decided to turn it into a video, Fred once said Rush sounded like a "raccoon, possum rape fest." so I decided Hey! this sounds like a raccoon possum rape fest! and so I uploaded it. [biggrin]

Haha, it's unlisted or a reason, I was noodling around with my peavey predator with a glass slide and wanted to see how high I could get the note. I recorded it just so I could laugh at it but decided to turn it into a video, Fred once said Rush sounded like a "raccoon, possum rape fest." so I decided Hey! this sounds like a raccoon possum rape fest! and so I uploaded it. [biggrin]

haha, it actually has a pretty nice slide sound in there. [thumbup]

Here is a Video I haven't posted...

The first video I uploaded here was my attempt at the GnR Solo Sweet Child O mine... About 60% that was in the wrong key...

Here is my second attempt.... Still with mistakes.... But I'm getting there... I'm just making it up as I go along!!

Again with my 7yr old camera man... [thumbup]

PLEASE feel free to leave comments on my Youtube... [thumbup]

Kind Regards

Yes, I also liked your guitar playing, Tman, its good sound. This sound is often lacking in our band. And Searcy, the second your thing is similar to…, I said, but the first is quite unusual, may be, your vocal inserts need more reverb.

Here my friend, Jan from New York, shows us how to play rock-n-roll (Matchbox) [flapper] . He was pleased with that record and from a visit to us and he suddenly decided to play an unplanned thing, we hardly were in time behind him. At first he speaks about our engineer, who alone did both video and audio recording. I have presented our engineer as our Russian George Martin and Jan probably began to feel like at Abbey Road :) Though then we also felt as at Abbey Road.:

Valeriy - Thanks for your compliment. I remember hearing something you posted a while back that was phenomenal. I would love to hear more! I'm a big Beatles fan as well.

Here is a Video I haven't posted...

The first video I uploaded here was my attempt at the GnR Solo Sweet Child O mine... About 60% that was in the wrong key...

Here is my second attempt.... Still with mistakes.... But I'm getting there... I'm just making it up as I go along!!

Again with my 7yr old camera man... [thumbup]

PLEASE feel free to leave comments on my Youtube... [thumbup]

Kind Regards

Awesome!

This is (I think) the most recent video of me playing live. -It's from a gig we played last Christmas Eve. I've played gigs since then, but I don't have the video of it. This was shot by my girlfriend on her phone, so the audio ain't that happenin', and there's some dorky between song talking. Also, the day of this gig, our bass player got hitched, so that's what is going on at the end. Anyway, there are two songs. The first is called Spirit Bear, and the second one (starts around 4:00) is called Failed Badass. I wrote the guitar stuff for both of them. They're both © 2009 and 2010 Born In A Barn Music, blah blah blah. The band is called Hombre, the venue is called Howlers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grfm9T8RKXU

Your material is awesome man, every time.

You channel that Sabbath meets NWOBHM thing so well.

Here are another three short clips that I have posted in the last couple of months,

I play both rhythm and lead. (sorry for the slight muddiness, I used amp modeling software)

Here is me not wanting to let go of Summer, I am always too busy at work in the Summer to enjoy it and all I hear is people complaining and wanting Fall weather.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=10998281&q=hi&newref=1

This another one I recorded after seeing The Clutters live, not in their style but they energized me.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=10933707&q=hi&newref=1

This one I recorded a while back with my amp and my R8 once I got the hang of recording...sort of.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=10757563&q=hi&newref=1

Rocketman, I loved them both! In fact the first song, Hendrixesque in a very good way, kicked my butt! Loved it. Both were great. I love hearing original stuff.

Thanks. I did use the classic Hendrix E7#9 throughout on the first one. Tried to add a modern twist to it. The octave work took some practice. The solo was my first cut and will eventually be replaced.

Nice work on your impromptu gig. I can't do that with guitar. Piano maybe, guitar no.

Thanks. I did use the classic Hendrix E7#9 throughout on the first one. Tried to add a modern twist to it. The octave work took some practice. The solo was my first cut and will eventually be replaced.

Nice work on your impromptu gig. I can't do that with guitar. Piano maybe, guitar no.

I thought it was very modern. Very original, very catchy. Very!

Speaking of E7#9 here;'s another song(s) from another impromptu jam at the same place - I'm in the red striped shirt playing a strat, (I think the year before, I honestly don't even remember, man I'm getting older). Sorry it's long but it is how it happened. It's a morph between Satisfaction and Born to be wild. It kinda devolves into the song. At 1:00 you can hear him yelling the chords to me (E then B then E then A - Yea). What I think is cool about that is here is an Austrian telling the chords to an American of a British song. Is that globalization or just the language of music? Man what fun it was.

Thanks Simon for the chance to post this kinda stuff!

Guest farnsbarns

I wish I had the balls to have a go at doing that....

[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

I thought you played at the open mic night near us?

I've never recorded me playing anything other than purely as tone/sound demos. Just mucking around, really.

FWIW, here are a couple. Shortest first.

Les Paul into Music Man 2x12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvSOqiJjOoE&feature=BFa&list=ULtbTPQZY2iz8&lf=mfu_in_order

This was the day I bought my Strat and wee practice amp. Recorded for an inquisitive pal;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af5h6YchwX0&feature=BFa&list=ULrvSOqiJjOoE&lf=mfu_in_order

P.

... I just don't have the confidence or the understanding of music to pull it off...

The clips you've posted tell it differently...

Next Tuesday, then? A duet? How's 'Jigsaw Puzzle Blues' coming along?

P.

Archived