Gibson Brands Forums

Walk the walk and talk the talk...

Flight959

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carv...

My little AE amp solves most of that. Run the guitar through one side, vocal mike thru the other... and thence from line-out to the computer for recording. Add a photo with MS moviemaker and voila!

Macs have the came potential.

It ain't studio quality, and watching the computer handle the input makes you forget where you are sometime - or is that my old age? - but it works well enough. It offers some basic eq and separate volume - and you don't have concerns about miking the amp and the extra that brings.

The "one guy can do all" type amp is why I got my first, a DR, in '65. All other amps I've owned have had the same capability two two input sections. The advantage to the SS amp is that line out...

m

m

Thanks man. I made one last night and was just so turned off by the underwater sound my mic has,. i have a buddy with a mac and have had no problems recording into that guy. so tonight may just call for some beers with a friend so i can lay a track down.

ps m..

i love your posting style and your will to help.

Thanks man.

Hey everyone don't get on much any more but this is a great thread. thought I'd throw a couple on as well.

This is one I wrote for my lovely wife of 30 years.

Some smooth jazz on my sienna burst strat.

Cookie...all good stuff!

I'd be proud to stand next to you on stage.

Maybe my next trip to Pittsburgh we'll get together, (unless you don't live near there).

Tman...

Downloading from Youtube can be done in a number of ways. I use a Firefox add-in called Download Helper. I think it can be used in some other browsers as well.

This product could be downloaded as either an MP4 or FLV type file. There are players than can handle both of those.

m

Thanks Milod! [thumbup]

Learning everyday.

Tman...

My opinion is that when one stops learning, it's time for cremation or burial, whichever one might prefer.

BTW, my "baby brother" who works for Microsoft in AV stuff sez the FLV format may kinda be on the way out. I have a converter program, but at this point in time I'm still using a little freebie FLV player for most of the guitar stuff I've downloaded.

He's a picker too, btw. Different styles of music than are my thing, but the guitar is more than a versatile enough concept to make both of us happy making our own brand.

m

Hey everyone don't get on much any more but this is a great thread. thought I'd throw a couple on as well.

This is one I wrote for my lovely wife of 30 years.

Some smooth jazz on my sienna burst strat.

Great tunes!!! Is that a Texan your playing on??

Regards [thumbup]

Cook, firstly welcome back, You've been missed (at least by me).

The song for your wife: Absolutely outstanding. Awesome man!

Where can I download it? Not kidding.

LOL Tman, you are too kind. My wife loves it and no matter when or where I play it she says " Hey that's my song!"laugh.gif

Let me know If you're ever gonna be in western Pa Rob, I'd love to hang wit ya.

Thanks for the compliment.

You're ON!

I don't carry a guitar with me when I travel for business.... might hafta borrow one if/when I'm back there.

The Port Authority of Allegheny County is one of our biggest customers.... along with Johnstown, Altoona, and several others in Western PA.

You're ON!

I don't carry a guitar with me when I travel for business.... might hafta borrow one if/when I'm back there.

The Port Authority of Allegheny County is one of our biggest customers.... along with Johnstown, Altoona, and several others in Western PA.

I'm about 25 minutes outside of Pittsburgh and its a date.msp_thumbup.gif

My link

Look out Strange Cat People dry.gif

V

:-({|=

Great stuff Versitile........It's always interesting finally "seeing" folks after 'knowing' them as forum members.....:unsure: ...

Nice phrasing....Saw some almost Alvin Lee going on there.........

Archived