Gibson Brands Forums

Post your Guitar Collection

4Hayden

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been getting quite a bit of use from this pic lately. Maybe if I can get some decent weather before it gets too cold, I'll take some of my guitars to the back yard and take some pics out there in front of a background that allows their colors to pop out a bit better.

All the rooms in my house are either too dark, have a color on the walls that doesn't allow the colors on the guitars to stand out or are just don't have enough free space available to get a decent pic.

Maybe using my digital camera instead of the camera on my cell phone would help too. They're technically both 5Mp but the camera has a much better lense and zoom... or, hell... I could just get out my camcorder and make a video and put it to music - maybe some MP3's of music from my old bands... of course, none of that music was recorded with any of my current guitars and my tones now are MUCH better - not so much a gear thing as it is my knowledge of how to get those sounds then compared to now; but nicer gear certainly doesn't hurt when it comes to tone. :)

myrig.jpg

Guest farnsbarns

This was taken last year. The black Strat copy has gone.

Sofashotv2-1.jpg

This replaced the black one;

LPBStratwhole.jpg

And this arrived too. It's now wearing a p'guard.

Jam.jpg

P.

[scared] wow, just let me know where you live and when you'll be out. Croydon might see some more looting!

I love these threads. I got a chance to take some new photos, so here's my stuff. I don't know if I'd call it a collection, more like 'guitars I play' or something...

1994 SG Standard (Cecilia)

7685_100dpi.jpg

1998 Les Paul Special (Lester)

7698_100dpi.jpg

2000 Les Paul Special (Shondell)

7710_100dpi.jpg

I'm not sure the year (late 90's early 00's I'd guess) G&L LB-100 (Tortoise)

7718_100dpi.jpg

2007 Flying V (Little Wing)

7732_100dpi.jpg

2008 Epiphone EL-00 (Smitty)

7746__100dpi.jpg

I love these threads. I got a chance to take some new photos, so here's my stuff. I don't know if I'd call it a collection, more like 'guitars I play' or something...

2007 Flying V (Little Wing)

7732_100dpi.jpg

2008 Epiphone EL-00 (Smitty)

7746__100dpi.jpg

Those two are my stand-outs from your 'guitars I play'...

Wonderful!

[thumbup]

P.

Those two are my stand-outs from your 'guitars I play'...

Wonderful!

[thumbup]

P.

Thanks. The V has definitely been seeing a lot of play time lately. I took the pickguard off of the Epiphone. I think it sounds (and looks) a lot better now.

Also, I always like your photos. Great stuff. [thumbup]

Thanks. The V has definitely been seeing a lot of play time lately. I took the pickguard off of the Epiphone. I think it sounds (and looks) a lot better now.

Also, I always like your photos. Great stuff. [thumbup]

Love the white V!

[scared] wow, just let me know where you live and when you'll be out. Croydon might see some more looting!

LOL!

Risk Assessment first, Farns...

In case you were looking on a small screen you might have missed that the 'Black Beauty', the 'Gold-Top' and the 'Martin' Dreadnought are all mid-'70s Japanese copies.

The G-T was my first guitar. The B-B was given to me shortly after I got the G-T and the Dreadnought was bought in Jan '80. All play well and sound nice, as it happens.

P.

Archived