Gibson Brands Forums

Khadaffi is dead

TommyK

I like it when a dictator gets taken down by his own people

It just seems so much more fitting as it shows the people not only realized how bad they were, but also he's gone by their choice not someone telling them how bad their leader was.

It's kinda like with Cuba and Castro - not the most reputable guy, but there's much worse out there... and frankly a lot of people in his country do look up to him. Even if some of his laws seem a bit kookie they are sometimes well intentioned. lol

Funny about him... he's got a bad reputation, but at the same time there are many Cubans who think highly of him also. The only reason I'm not totally convinced that the bad rep is more US propoganda from the cold war than reality is the number of times you see his people fleeing to Florida on a make shift raft... if it's so good there, why do they want out so badly. [confused]

I'm glad he's gone, but he was a relatively small player in the scheme of things. At least some of the folks in Lybia can not rest-easy. Dictators are creeps and he was definitly both......... Lots of weapons there, all divided-up by ethnic groups that hate each other. The whole Middle East is erupting. Scary world we live in today.

I for one am glad he fell back in his own B.S. And if I was any of those other long standing middle eastern dictators I'd be feeling a bit nervous right now.

Hussein-check

Bin Laden-check

Khadaffi-check

......................next!.....hmmmmm.....Hugo Chavez (not middle eastern) but a stir stick none-the-less.

It would have been interesting to catch him just before he died to ask him, "Now do you understand how your constituents have felt?"

Dictators don't have constituents, they have subjects, as a general rule they do not leave office peacefully.

Archived