Gibson Brands Forums

noel gallagher...

S t e v e

I don't know if the story got over the pond. But I loved it when Liam G got bashed at a hotel for bad mouthing some Russian Mafia. They knocked his teeth out. He finally got his reward for his big mouth. Im not a fan. They're just a Beatles tribute band.

I've never been a fan of their music except for maybe a few of their early songs. Unfortunately their arrogance seemed to get in their way of any long lasting success. But when it comes to the brothers Noel Gallagher always seem to be the more relatable down to earth type out of the two, mind you anyone being compared to Liam Gallagher may very well be deemed A OK. The lesser of two evils I guess.

His vocals are weak, he's exceptionally unadventurous musically, and his lyrics tend not to make any sense (and not even in a good way).

I've never understood the comparison a lot of people make about Oasis and The Beatles though. Apart from Oasis releasing I Am The Walrus as a live track on an early single, I don't see much similarity between the two bands.

Oasis for me, is music for people who don't really listen to music.

It's funny how media impressions stick... "Liam is the arrogant thug, Noel the more down to earth... etc." Apparently, according to people who know the brothers, it's the other way around!

Liam, despite the "swagger", is supposedly quite a solid bloke. The arrogance had a lot to do with the image the band were trying to propagate... Especially in the early days.

Noel, on the other hand, is by all opinions a right nasty little merchant banker! [thumbdn]

I obviously don't really "know" this, but it's telling, that when the brothers finally split after God know's how many arguments, all the rest of the band stuck with Liam! I also find it incredibly bad taste, that Noel Gallagher often and gladly put down ex colleagues and helpers in the press... The earlier band members are kids he grew up with, for god's sake!!! Not to mention how dismissive he is of other bands and musicians!

Still, fair's fair... "Definitely Maybe" was a cracking debut and "..Morning Glory" had some fantastic songs on it. It all went pants after that though. [flapper]

It's funny how media impressions stick... "Liam is the arrogant thug, Noel the more down to earth... etc." Apparently, according to people who know the brothers, it's the other way around!

Liam, despite the "swagger", is supposedly quite a solid bloke. The arrogance had a lot to do with the image the band were trying to propagate... Especially in the early days.

Noel, on the other hand, is by all opinions a right nasty little merchant banker! [thumbdn]

I obviously don't really "know" this, but it's telling, that when the brothers finally split after God know's how many arguments, all the rest of the band stuck with Liam! I also find it incredibly bad taste, that Noel Gallagher often and gladly put down ex colleagues and helpers in the press... The earlier band members are kids he grew up with, for god's sake!!! Not to mention how dismissive he is of other bands and musicians!

Still, fair's fair... "Definitely Maybe" was a cracking debut and "..Morning Glory" had some fantastic songs on it. It all went pants after that though. [flapper]

Are you a Brit, Mr Jester?

He's on 'Wossy' as we speak.....

Personally I always thought of Oasis as having 1/10th of the Beatles' talent

Unfortunately such is the extent of 'dumbing down' nowadays that that is regarded as 'quite talented'..... :blink:

V

:-({|=

1/10TH of the Beatles talent is a huge amount of talent.

Not just that, I'm originally from Manchester myself... Kept well away from the Burnage boys though B)

I didn't really need to ask if you were British, the use of the vernacular gives it away. I saw Oasis in 1995 ( a mate gave me a ticket ) and I walked out after about four songs and went drinking with the support band, they were called Smaller. They should've have been bigger.

What the hell is a wonderwall...?

Never found an Oasis song I enjoyed, and "Wonderwall" makes me want to claw at my ears.

I'll stick with the Beatles, 10 times the talent you say? Why settle? [flapper]

Just my opinion.... I could be going against the grain

I didn't really need to ask if you were British, the use of the vernacular gives it away. I saw Oasis in 1995 ( a mate gave me a ticket ) and I walked out after about four songs and went drinking with the support band, they were called Smaller. They should've have been bigger.

Just out of interest... Was it the performance or the music that caused you to walk out? I can well imagine that the live performance may have been a bit "rough" that early in their career...

Just out of interest... Was it the performance or the music that caused you to walk out? I can well imagine that the live performance may have been a bit "rough" that early in their career...

The place was full of kn*bheads, I wasn't a fan, and I fancied a booze.

Archived