Gibson Brands Forums

What tuner do you use???

jeff_farkas

OK here's a quick question and I hope I don't sound to stupid or naive...

What kind of tuner do you folks use? Right now I have a Korg CA-30 and a String Master Robotic Guitar Tuner. I mainly use the first, Korg, but the second seems to work just fine as well. Oh I got the robotic because I just could not resist.

So what do you folks use???

Jeff

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So' date=' how do you find E?

Since I don't have perfect pitch, I rely on a Boss TU-15.[/quote']

I either just tune to whatever sounds fine, but if I need to play with other musicians...

E is the lowest note the guman vocal chord can produce, so I just sing as low as I can and tune to that.

I've checked with a tuner and I'm never that far off.

I have a Korg DTR-2 in the rack with my wireless receiver for electric gigs, a Fender PT-100 muting pedal tuner for acoustic gigs, a Korg AT-12 on the workbench, an A-440 tuning fork in the gig bag, a pitch pipe in the tenor banjo case, and a Korg DT-2 on the living room table that I also throw in a guitar case for jammin' or sittin' in.

After reading what I just wrote, I guess I ought to be in tune.

The lowest note? So,......

Nevermind.

I'm using a Boss TU12. Had a Seiko ST707 for years, battery cover broke so it stays home now.

I'd love to argue that lowest note thing, but.......

I'm just gonna drink a beer and let you guys do it.

Murph.

So your saying if I grunt at 12 bd thats an E.. Sorry' date=' but thats Bullshit

Hey Oilpit where have you been? Were you banned?

Welcome back and hows business?[/quote']

The tuning thing could be wack and I just get lucky, but I did read it, in a book, a legit one, it had violins in it.

I got banned way back for saying I was leaving this place for GearTalk, but GT blows now so I'm back.

Now I just need an avatar...

What the hell is a guman?

Is that one of those monsters from The Time Machine?

No. I once got guman in college. I got it from a chick who was real pretty, but spent too much time in the frat houses. It itched like hell and was really painful when I took a piss. But it was worth it.

I'd much rather drive a stick shift then an automatic transmission, I'd much rather tune and figure songs out by ear.

If I never use a tuner or tabs, in a few years I will be able to tune perfectly and figure out songs in no time.

I'm old school, sue me.

Archived