Gibson Brands Forums

snow

Silenced Fred

as a canadian, i love snow.. this way you can take you gibson explorer out side and go play metal riffs in a field of snow..

how metal is that?

extremely you say? id have to agree

Was it metal when Edge of U2 did it in the 70's? Well, early 80's maybe for the vid.

rct

uh...yea...dude?....

Colorado?...HeLLLOOOWWW?!?!

I have been in the high elevations in Colorado in the middle of summer and seen it snowing!

nah i wasnt even thinking about u2 i said metal riffs not lame licks... i never think about u2.. thankful for that

i was thinking of this god awful song from adam and his package called "me and my black metal friends" and there is a line about how in norway there isnt much to do except burn churches and play guitar in the snow..

so now when it snows..

thats what i think of,

I have been in the high elevations in Colorado in the middle of summer and seen it snowing!

I have a line in a song, "...like a Trail Ridge blizzard in June...". Trail Ridge Road is highest paved road in America, 12,500 or so. I have that line because we drove through one up there, like 10th or so of June 2008. Closed the road next day for snow, left Estes Park couple days later it was still mostly closed, certainly couldn't go to the top and have lunch again. Still wear a ring every day from up there.

rct

I have a line in a song, "...like a Trail Ridge blizzard in June...". Trail Ridge Road is highest paved road in America, 12,500 or so. I have that line because we drove through one up there, like 10th or so of June 2008. Closed the road next day for snow, left Estes Park couple days later it was still mostly closed, certainly couldn't go to the top and have lunch again. Still wear a ring every day from up there.

rct

I'm only up at about 4900 ft so its not that high

I'm only up at about 4900 ft so its not that high

Dude. I'm in New Jersey. There's a 48 foot rise in the Garden State Parkway that brings the driver up to a dizzying 53 feet above sea level. There are signs for like 8 miles, WARNING: APPROACHING HILL.

4900 feet might as well be the moon.

Where you in that fine state?

rct

Dude. I'm in New Jersey. There's a 48 foot rise in the Garden State Parkway that brings the driver up to a dizzying 53 feet above sea level. There are signs for like 8 miles, WARNING: APPROACHING HILL.

4900 feet might as well be the moon.

Where you in that fine state?

rct

Fort Collins.

Moving back to Illinois in 46 days though, dropping over 4000 feet when I go back

I'm at 6210 ft elevation and we still didn't get much snow. Grrrrrrr.

That's the growl of a hungry tobogganer. I grew up in rural Michigan so I have ridden a few toboggans in my day. Hope you get to hit the hills soon.

Archived