Gibson Brands Forums

Pedals

neilpanda

Been thinking bout trading in the BD-2 and getting a volume pedal. Dont use the BD-2 much and I remember borrowing a

VP jr for about a week and it was hell of a lot of fun! But on the other hand, I saw lagerfanny's BD2 mod thread, and damn,

those things sound sweet! Kind of leaning towards the volume pedal, but what do you folks think? :-k

with a pinstriped bocote chassis [blink]

[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ......[woot]:-k :-k ....Ya know Josh, I've never seen stomp boxes done in exotic wood cases......

You could have folks send you their pedals and you could re-do the cases in wood.....Bocote is nice wood..........

Also, what I HAVE seen are exotic wood pick-up covers....Another thought.........:-k .....

[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ......[woot]:-k :-k ....Ya know Josh, I've never seen stomp boxes done in exotic wood cases......

You could have folks send you their pedals and you could re-do the cases in wood.....Bocote is nice wood..........

Also, what I HAVE seen are exotic wood pick-up covers....Another thought.........:-k .....

This is a weird small worldl post I just hollowed out a block of Koa on my Mill and am installing the guts from a guitar pedal inside the wood block just to see how it works. it should be done in a week or so but i thought I had a cool original idea and Ive already been scooped darn it! [cursing]

This is a weird small worldl post I just hollowed out a block of Koa on my Mill and am installing the guts from a guitar pedal inside the wood block just to see how it works. it should be done in a week or so but i thought I had a cool original idea and Ive already been scooped darn it! [cursing]

Yes, but, your one is officially " RETRO " !!!!!!!! [thumbup][biggrin] :unsure: [woot] ......

Whom here has built these ??? Thoughts on quality ?? Prices ??? Other BYOC sites ???

I've made a few BYOC pedals, and HIGHLY recommend them. They are easy to build, come with everything needed, and sound great!! I use my BYOC compressor as much as(if not more) than my Janglebox.

I've made a few BYOC pedals, and HIGHLY recommend them. They are easy to build, come with everything needed, and sound great!! I use my BYOC compressor as much as(if not more) than my Janglebox.

Thank you Jon S. [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] .....I shall schedule some builds........

Abso-tively! [biggrin] Check out Madbean pedals also. He makes great PCB's too.

Thank you...I will.........I'm thinking building these could become an interesting habit......

As I record these days and don't gig, I do need quality items; can't have my mixer/engineer screaming at me " Are you playing through home built stuff ?? " [sneaky][lol] ....

Thank you...I will.........I'm thinking building these could become an interesting habit......

As I record these days and don't gig, I do need quality items; can't have my mixer/engineer screaming at me " Are you playing through home built stuff ?? " [sneaky][lol] ....

The DIY pedals I've built sound every bit as good as most "boutique" stompboxes. Of course there are some builders that just know how to make something sound ridiculously good. I'm not at that level haha

To the OP.. Have you read any of the complaints about the VPjr being a "tone suck"? Apparantly it's pretty unacceptable to some people.. I couldn't really comment myself

Over the past couple of years I have sold all of my old, unused pedals and the only one I miss is my Yardbox. Yes, it did fund my Fuzz Factory, but I was so stupid selling that pedal. The others (an early 90s Rotovibe, Boss Blues Driver, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, and a Maestro Phase Shifter*) I don't miss because I did not use them. Outside of discontinued or boutique boxes, pedals are very replaceable. Selling those shouldn't be that big an issue.

*some of the best phaser sounds, but I did not have the foot switch and that pedal was the biggest tone suck.

I play through quite a bit of DIY stuff. I've made a couple of amps(a 5E3 and Metro JTM-45), and about a bozillion pedals. I mainly play through the 5E3 with a Klon copy, but i wouldn't hesitate bringing any of the others to the studio.

I play through quite a bit of DIY stuff. I've made a couple of amps(a 5E3 and Metro JTM-45), and about a bozillion pedals. I mainly play through the 5E3 with a Klon copy, but i wouldn't hesitate bringing any of the others to the studio.

Thank you once again John......Always good to know...[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ......

Archived