Gibson Brands Forums

discuss

Silenced Fred

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm discriminating against a brand because the brand is stupid.

No headstock? Shitty looks? I'll pass. Mainly, the no headstock thing just makes the guitar look like absolute ****.

I'm sure PT Cruisers are great cars, but I sure as **** won't own one. I don't want any more hum buckers except for a semi hollow with some 57s in it, but that's later.

Steinbergers suck. I have played a few at CME and they all felt like ****. Sorry my personal tastes matter to me

You and Spandex...That is scary....does it say GOODYEAR on the side?

Bad dreams tonight......

I'm more of a michelin man myself

The capos you need depend on the guitar...Heck, buy a bunch of them.....Experiment with capoing off only the top strings

with two or three low strings as drones...........[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] .........

Get a Tele, dude. It can takes capo up to the 7th fret no problem (but so can any guitar I think?). Looking at mine right now, I don't see why it would be a problem to put one on the 11th fret.

But aside from that, they just sound really cool and you need one.

If you want upper fret access the SG is pretty ****

Get a Tele, dude. It can takes capo up to the 7th fret no problem (but so can any guitar I think?). Looking at mine right now, I don't see why it would be a problem to put one on the 11th fret.

But aside from that, they just sound really cool and you need one.

If you want upper fret access the SG is pretty ****

my LP can go 7th, but nothing really after that.

I plan on getting a Tele body and mod it so I can put my Strat neck on it because that neck is so rad.

Tele pups are the ****

my LP can go 7th, but nothing really after that.

I plan on getting a Tele body and mod it so I can put my Strat neck on it because that neck is so rad.

Tele pups are the ****

A body with the hardware and pickups and everything or like a body from warmoth or something?

I don't really know anything about Tele pickups but I really dig the pickups in my Tele. I think they might be the noiseless kind or something because they don't really hum at all.

A body with the hardware and pickups and everything or like a body from warmoth or something?

I don't really know anything about Tele pickups but I really dig the pickups in my Tele. I think they might be the noiseless kind or something because they don't really hum at all.

A body with hardware and pickups and everything, I see em pop up on craigslist and eBay for like 150-250 and then I can use my neck because its the ****.

I have honestly never really noticed too many problems with humming

That would be cool. You can find a complete MIM tele for pretty cheap too though. Might be worth it to just see if the stock neck does it for you.

My Tele is really quiet unless I use my Torns Peaker. Then it's noisey as hell when I'm not playing but I think that's mostly just the pedal. That pedal sounds ****in cool though so I don't mind.

That would be cool. You can find a complete MIM tele for pretty cheap too though. Might be worth it to just see if the stock neck does it for you.

My Tele is really quiet unless I use my Torns Peaker. Then it's noisey as hell when I'm not playing but I think that's mostly just the pedal. That pedal sounds ****in cool though so I don't mind.

I'll occasionally see a Mim with hard case for 250, and if that shows up, I'll just get the whole guitar, and figure out something else for that neck... mwahaha

Yeah that's what I'm thinkin about. Might as well get the original neck too if you can find a complete one on the cheap.

I almost got a white MIM tele for really cheap just to use as a beater. But I figured whatever my American standard tele is mine I might as well use it for all it's worth so now I just rock it carefree and I'm happy haha

Yeah that's what I'm thinkin about. Might as well get the original neck too if you can find a complete one on the cheap.

I almost got a white MIM tele for really cheap just to use as a beater. But I figured whatever my American standard tele is mine I might as well use it for all it's worth so now I just rock it carefree and I'm happy haha

I went to GC, and played around with guitars and a capo. Despite the shitty nu metal band who decided to have band practice at guitar center, I found out I hate MiM tele necks, and I hate 9 gauge strings even more. I played on an SG Classic, and it rocked super hard besides for the bridge pickup, which sucked. It sounded bad, and was like a noticeably lower output than the neck like super quiet, but it was like overwound to the max where it made the Fender Champ I was playing through sound like ****. Not sure if this is how they all are, or just this one, but it would definitely need new pickups

I went to GC, and played around with guitars and a capo. Despite the shitty nu metal band who decided to have band practice at guitar center, I found out I hate MiM tele necks, and I hate 9 gauge strings even more. I played on an SG Classic, and it rocked super hard besides for the bridge pickup, which sucked. It sounded bad, and was like a noticeably lower output than the neck like super quiet, but it was like overwound to the max where it made the Fender Champ I was playing through sound like ****. Not sure if this is how they all are, or just this one, but it would definitely need new pickups

I'd imagine it wasn't even close to set up, probably sitting too low.

I'd imagine it wasn't even close to set up, probably sitting too low. I'd swap out the 490 series anyways.

the set up was decent, it looked to be at a semi normal height, except, is it just the GC out here or all of them that screw the tailpiece all the way down to the bottom?

The SG Classic has P90s brah, not mud buckers

Yeah I realized my mistake once I typed it, looks like you got to it pre-edit. Every GC I've seen sinks 'em to the body, I had to raise mine a little after they gave me the free "setup" when I bought mine. The strings were hitting the back of the bridge.

I'm discriminating against a brand because the brand is stupid.

No headstock? Shitty looks? I'll pass. Mainly, the no headstock thing just makes the guitar look like absolute ****.

I'm sure PT Cruisers are great cars, but I sure as **** won't own one. I don't want any more hum buckers except for a semi hollow with some 57s in it, but that's later.

Steinbergers suck. I have played a few at CME and they all felt like ****. Sorry my personal tastes matter to me

Now that makes more sense and is a valid opinion. C00l d00d. C00l.

No stratocasters because stratocasters suck.

wtf+picard.jpg

tumblr_lm2navrH6d1qafrh6.gif

Anyways... to be productive. I've never had a problem with my Strat, though admittedly they aren't the best for upper board access. SGs definitely fit the bill, and I wouldn't say no to trying a 24 fret one! Why the heck be so steadfastly against it? Too cool for it [flapper] ?

Though if a Johnny A like Dave's was in my price range... might swing for that over the rest :x

wtf+picard.jpg

tumblr_lm2navrH6d1qafrh6.gif

Anyways... to be productive. I've never had a problem with my Strat, though admittedly they aren't the best for upper board access. SGs definitely fit the bill, and I wouldn't say no to trying a 24 fret one! Why the heck be so steadfastly against it? Too cool for it [flapper] ?

Though if a Johnny A like Dave's was in my price range... might swing for that over the rest :x

Too cool for strats because strats suck.

Too cool for 24 frets because 22 allows for more access to the tone wood and less being covered by the neck, therefore, more tone is able to seep through from my fingers into the amp.

A semi hollow body would rock, but I'd probably get one with mud buckers instead of single coils

Archived