Gibson Brands Forums

discuss

Silenced Fred

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too cool for strats because strats suck.

Too cool for 24 frets because 22 allows for more access to the tone wood and less being covered by the neck, therefore, more tone is able to seep through from my fingers into the amp.

A semi hollow body would rock, but I'd probably get one with mud buckers instead of single coils

i prefer 27 frets...because i can :P

How has this thread not been removed?

Was that your intention??? We have been really patient with you.....

We have taken your side, and have permanently banned two members while granting you leniency because of your squabbling about always playing the victim.... and yet you still complain [confused]

It's getting very old.

Was that your intention??? We have been really patient with you.....

We have taken your side, and have permanently banned two members while granting you leniency because of your squabbling about always playing the victim.... and yet you still complain [confused]

It's getting very old.

lulz

I'm just surprised that this thread hasn't gotten out of hand like my halloween one

the set up was decent, it looked to be at a semi normal height, except, is it just the GC out here or all of them that screw the tailpiece all the way down to the bottom?

My lone complaint about the SG Classic is that the tailpiece is really close to the bridge and factory setup has the tailpiece screwed all the way down. Mounting a Bigsby fixed that problem for me.

Strats suck, humbuckers suck, SGs suck, P90s rule, Steinbergers are gay, Maroon 5, Fleet Foxes, Bon Iver, Band of Horses, EVOL is always right, San Pelegrino, hipst hipst hipst blah blah fxckity blah.

Fred, I know we'd probably get along great in person, but on the internet I sometimes feel like I'm reading the postings of the entire city of Portland, Oregon.

My lone complaint about the SG Classic is that the tailpiece is really close to the bridge and factory setup has the tailpiece screwed all the way down. Mounting a Bigsby fixed that problem for me.

Speaking of, EVOL, did you have to change the grounding after putting on the Bigsby ?? I'm doing the same thing to an S.G..........

Strats suck, humbuckers suck, SGs suck, P90s rule, Steinbergers are gay, Maroon 5, Fleet Foxes, Bon Iver, Band of Horses, EVOL is always right, San Pelegrino, hipst hipst hipst blah blah fxckity blah.

Fred, I know we'd probably get along great in person, but on the internet I sometimes feel like I'm reading the postings of the entire city of Portland, Oregon.

Did you just call me a hipster?

[wub]

Dude, I'm on the internet to have fun. This is a forum filled with old people (for the most part) who if it isn't AC/DC or Led Zeppelin or something like them, it sucks. Do I exaggerate myself on the internet in the sense of being a ridiculous hipster? Yeah, totes magotes I do.

However, I feel that your assumptions are false on occasion. I like SGs, hum buckers don't suck, you just have to use them in the right circumstances. I don't really care for Maroon 5 (although I bet all of those guys get mad ***** like 24/7, Evol and I don't always agree, and he's way into heavier music than I am, we just have fairly similar tastes in music for about 70% of the stuff. San Pellegrino is delicious sparkling water, and if you've never had it, you owe it to yourself to go down to Targét and buy some. Its 1.87 for a 33.8 oz bottle and if you don't like it, you can probably throw it at someone, or just add it to cheap beer so its kinda like champagne.

Long story short, I'm way too serious in every day life and it almost killed me a year ago. I'm on the internet to have fun in between writing papers, working on songs (wrote two this weekend, but I won't post em. If you want to PM me or something, I'll send you a file once I get past a rough recording) and trying to keep my sanity in general.

Speaking of, EVOL, did you have to change the grounding after putting on the Bigsby ?? I'm doing the same thing to an S.G..........

Not sure. I had the Bigsby installed by a local guitar tech/luthier. He did my other SG and my Sheraton and did a sweet job so I took it to him.

Dude, I'm on the internet to have fun. This is a forum filled with old people (for the most part) who if it isn't AC/DC or Led Zeppelin or something like them, it sucks. Do I exaggerate myself on the internet in the sense of being a ridiculous hipster? Yeah, totes magotes I do.

Long story short, I'm way too serious in every day life and it almost killed me a year ago. I'm on the internet to have fun in between writing papers, working on songs (wrote two this weekend, but I won't post em. If you want to PM me or something, I'll send you a file once I get past a rough recording) and trying to keep my sanity in general.

128871025814095288.jpg

Archived