Gibson Brands Forums

NGD...!!

daveinspain

NIce guitar but you are going to miss that 339 some day soon.

The ES 339 is a great guitar but was never getting any play. I have a Johnny A which is the same size, semi hollow with F holes and has a very similar feel. But the Johnny A has a killer flame top, is lighter, has better construction and a Bigsby. I was actually wanting to sell the 339 and put the money towards an ES 175 and had an add running to sell the 339 for almost a year. Someone who lives not far from me saw my add and offered the Gretsch as an even trade. I was able to see and play the guitar before we made the deal. It is totally different from anything I own, sound, feel and looks... I'm very happy and I'm sure the other guy is too. You should have seen his face light up when he played the 339...!

I liked the ES 339 but I wont miss it, I have the Johnny A that fills in that gap very nicely... I still want an ES 175 though... ](*,)

Stunning......One of their better models, higher end.........

Since you'll no longer be needing your Johnny A, I'll wait for your PM........[flapper] :unsure: [sneaky]eusa_pray.gif .....

Wrong my friend... The Johnny A is a very different animal from the Chet Atkins. They both have their own place/space in my arsenal.

Great new guitar....

Love the character of Gretsch's....particularly the S/C Dynasonics

They make a worthy addition to a collection

Bridging the tones between typical Gibsons and Fenders

Taking the fine example of the Beatles

The next item on the shopping list

Is a Ric......

V

:-({|=

Wrong my friend... The Johnny A is a very different animal from the Chet Atkins. They both have their own place/space in my arsenal.

You have to give Fender a lot of credit for bringing the Gretsch line back to the top of the guitar mountain.

Once the Gretsch family got ownership back and worked out a deal with Fender to manufacture them in Japan they are producing beautiful looking and playing instruments. Mine played perfectly out of the case, stays in tune forever and sounds fantastic clean or dirty. My only mod was adding the bigsby.msp_thumbup.gif

Great new guitar....

Love the character of Gretsch's....particularly the S/C Dynasonics

They make a worthy addition to a collection

Bridging the tones between typical Gibsons and Fenders

Taking the fine example of the Beatles

The next item on the shopping list

Is a Ric......

V

:-({|=

Yes the other guitar with its very own sound.msp_thumbup.gif

Archived