Gibson Brands Forums

Clever Promo

badbluesplayer

This is interesting. Promo to get customers to help Gibson.

Before, Gibson was saying that somebody misinterpreted the Lacey Act. Now they want to just rewrite it to get rid of the provisions that they violated. The implication is that they realize they were wrong. :rolleyes:

And they want a bunch of "young and cool, 99%" types to back them up by making a song about it. That takes guts!

When you import something that's called a "blank", it's going to be hard to try to say it's finished. The term "blank" always refers to something that's unfinished. It's gonna take a lot of fancy talking to deny that!

:rolleyes:

A fingerboard blank is as much a finished product as let's use a piece of chalk. A piece of chalk is imported as a finished product. An artist buys that piece of chalk and does a beautiful piece of art with that piece of chalk. Is the person that brought that chalk into the states guilty of smuggling in art hidden inside that piece of chalk?

A fingerboard blank is a finished product that another person will add their individual talents and methods to turn it into something more specialized but the fingerboard blank is still there hiding under their work much as the piece of chalk is now hidden throughout the art.

A fingerboard blank is as much a finished product as let's use a piece of chalk. A piece of chalk is imported as a finished product. An artist buys that piece of chalk and does a beautiful piece of art with that piece of chalk. Is the person that brought that chalk into the states guilty of smuggling in art hidden inside that piece of chalk?

A fingerboard blank is a finished product that another person will add their individual talents and methods to turn it into something more specialized but the fingerboard blank is still there hiding under their work much as the piece of chalk is now hidden throughout the art.

:-k

I think they imported a finished product. The finished product that they imported was called a blank. They didn't import raw lumber, they imported the product that they wanted. The product they wanted was a blank, If they wanted to import a finished fingerboard, they wouldn't have ordered finished blanks.

If it is now illegal to make certain products in America, so be it. The law should simply state that it is now illegal to do any finishing touches what so ever to certain products. These finishing touches should be spelled out. Including: shaping, sanding, fretting, staining, imprinting, decaling, etc.

Would it be illegal to add tuning keys or must the product be ordered complete.

Somehow this a Gibson problem not a industry wide problem.

We didn't violate anything, but help us rewrite the part we violated.

Why don't they get the tea party to help instead of these damn hippie libtards?

EDIT: Wait a second... so you can submit a video, song or logo to win, but if you win, you get a Les Paul with the winning logo on it...

So it seems like to win, you have to submit a logo. Cool story Gibson

So who wants to help me write a song ? :-)

Will Gibson win the Fight?

Well, they just might

All the Luddites are in fright

Because what Henry is saying is just now trite.

And these arguments are causing blight, (Which hurts the trees)

But shut up?

No chance we even might.

Well I've never written a song.....yet

Now it's time you fools live like me, get a Prius and hug a tree

The death panels will decide your future now

Climate change will kill us all anyhow

Abortion, abortion, don't touch that tree

Abortion, abortion, don't club that baby seal

Abortion, abortion, It's getting warm around here

Actually the part they want rewriten is the part where F&W Border Guards and Customs Agent get to seaze your Gibson guitar if the decide it was build with an offending blank.

Why don't they get the tea party to help instead of these damn hippie libtards?

EDIT: Wait a second... so you can submit a video, song or logo to win, but if you win, you get a Les Paul with the winning logo on it...

So it seems like to win, you have to submit a logo. Cool story Gibson

Agreed.

Sung to the tune of "Delta Lady"

Henry Juszkiewicz, now we've found you

Sanding on your new unfinished fret boards

But we've been notified, you ain't satisfied our Lacey

and used improper rosewood on your G chords

Now your Fined, me oh my, and it's crazy

Yes your Fined, me oh my, cause their lazy

Fair is fair, right?

The way you judge others, is the measure that you will be judged.

If you remove the plank from your own eye, then you can see clearly to remove the plank from someone else's eye.

I say let those without Rosewood be the first to cast the first stone.

Archived