Gibson Brands Forums

Silent Fred...

S t e v e

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is fred paying you to back him up or are you realy both that "close" :unsure:

Man, this place is getting way too freaking angst-y

Fred's a good guy, opinions are opinions. Can we just talk about music?

I might be the only one who feels this way...

I will say that each person has his own ear what sounds awesome to some may sound like garbage to others. I love the early Seattle punk (grunge) sound and I know single coils for solos and definition were used as a main stay by Mike Mcready and Kurt Cobain for their sound.

I have single coils P90's in some guitars I have had telecasters and other single coils but I just dont like strats. I like their sound when others play em. [thumbup] I dont like the look of em I dont like a full maple fretboard. I had one at 16 I couldnt get a sound I was happy with but I am not a lead guitarist. Personally unless you have a really good sound guy 2 guitars on stage with humbuckers blaring sounds like a sonic mess. Most bands will have a strat or tele or dare I say Ibanez for the lead and rhythm smashing humbuckers in the back to bring the mix out. Each to their own. I love the sound of a strat just personally hate em. the stupid looking head stock. the body is just ugly.

if they had a tele headstock on em I would like them a little more.

Even fred said he bought one because some guitarists h liked played them which means he at some point liked the sound

The Stratocaster is the most comfortable guitar I've ever played, purpose built and ergonomically designed. Les Pauls look and sound Great, but neck dive drives me nuts!!!

Teles are nice, but no middle pick up or tremolo. Jaguars and the like are uncomfortable and have the most useless tremolo ever invented. Ibanez and some of the other Super Strat makes are pretty comfy, but the Strat is much more solidly built. Just look at those Ibanez neck joints after 5 years of serious play.

Even the Strats headstock is designed to deliver more tone and sustain than the Tele headstock.

Now, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I find Strats to be very pleasant to look at, even though I prefer the look of a Les Paul.

Strats are popular for several reasons.

I'm kinda with enmitygauged on Strats. I love how they sound in bands like Built To Spill and Smashing Pumpkins to name a couple, but I don't really care for them personally. I find them uncomfortable to play standing up and I just usually don't like the way they look. Now charliebrown's old Strat is an odd exception. I really like the look of his Strat.

I'm really big on the Telecaster. If I could only have one guitar it'd be a Tele. I really dig Jazzmasters and Mustangs too.

Or maybe I'm not a ****** and play guitar like a normal person...

So long as you're having fun [confused]

I also play in behind my back and between my legs, sometimes on the floor and sometimes i use the drummers stands for slide work. But some folks like reserved and bashful, too. Of course you have to have the chops if you're going to do the acrobatics, first things first.

The Stratocaster is the most comfortable guitar I've ever played, purpose built and ergonomically designed. Les Pauls look and sound Great, but neck dive drives me nuts!!!

Teles are nice, but no middle pick up or tremolo. Jaguars and the like are uncomfortable and have the most useless tremolo ever invented. Ibanez and some of the other Super Strat makes are pretty comfy, but the Strat is much more solidly built. Just look at those Ibanez neck joints after 5 years of serious play.

Even the Strats headstock is designed to deliver more tone and sustain than the Tele headstock.

Now, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I find Strats to be very pleasant to look at, even though I prefer the look of a Les Paul.

Strats are popular for several reasons.

which Neck. I dont like the 50's thick neck personally

I had to buy a Stratocaster because like many on here I love the way Strats sound, the only problem I always had was when I picked one up I couldn't get that sound. I remember the first time I heard a Fender Strat through a big old Fender Super Reverb cranked to 10... words can't even explain it. Anyway long story short I bought one and love it, it's definitely not like a Gibson Les Paul where you get that tone right away.. you have to work it. I had to work twice as hard with the Tele, loved the way it played but couldn't understand how to get a good tone out of it. Fortunately patience prevailed. [biggrin]

Man, this place is getting way too freaking angst-y

Fred's a good guy, opinions are opinions. Can we just talk about music?

I might be the only one who feels this way...

That's kinda hard when 79% of his threads have nadda to do about music........Maybe Duane's right, and there should be a FUZZY FRED

PINNED BLOG THREAD called " Fuzzy's Gibby Lounge Long Thread About Nadda "................[thumbup][biggrin][scared][blush][woot][lol] ............................

which Neck. I dont like the 50's thick neck personally

It's the way the neck wants to be on the floor, I do like the feel of the 60's neck best, and the play very nocely. It's just the way the guitar rests that doesn't work for me. The Nighthawk doesn't do that, it almost as comfortable as a Strat.

I had to buy a Stratocaster because like many on here I love the way Strats sound, the only problem I always had was when I picked one up I couldn't get that sound. I remember the first time I heard a Fender Strat through a big old Fender Super Reverb cranked to 10... words can't even explain it. Anyway long story short I bought one and love it, it's definitely not like a Gibson Les Paul where you get that tone right away.. you have to work it. I had to work twice as hard with the Tele, loved the way it played but couldn't understand how to get a good tone out of it. Fortunately patience prevailed. [biggrin]

That's very true, Strats take more work. I actally have to back of a little when I play my Nighthawk. I played Voodoo Chile the other day at practice with it and started to worry a little for it's safety [biggrin]

Not a chambered one.....[flapper] [flapper] [flapper] ......

So that's the idea behind chambering and weight relief. :mellow:

That's kinda hard when 79% of his threads have nadda to do about music........Maybe Duane's right, and there should be a FUZZY FRED

PINNED BLOG THREAD called " Fuzzy's Gibby Lounge Long Thread About Nadda "................[thumbup][biggrin][scared][blush][woot][lol] ............................

please read all of my posts, i think you would find 79% of them actually deal with music

If Nat owned a Fender Strat with a HB and two SCs, a MIA model, we'd have to shut him up 'cause he'd

start a new thread EVERY DAY about how cool HIS Strat is and how every other guitar S*CKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived