Gibson Brands Forums

Pistols at dawn

AlanH

Not technically two guitars but......

one time i was in guitar center, and i was trying out a pedal with an LP into a fender blues jr, and an older guy (in his 60s or 70s) came in and was playing a tele into another fender amp. some kids came in and were playing on the Line 6 amps being obnoxious and loud, so I played the first part, and without missing a beat, the old guy just picked it right up and we jammed on it for a couple of minutes. two of the dudes that worked there were laughing their asses off, the kids got pissed.

to me, that was the greatest guitar "duel".

i feel old now.

one time i was in guitar center, and i was trying out a pedal with an LP into a fender blues jr, and an older guy (in his 60s or 70s) came in and was playing a tele into another fender amp. some kids came in and were playing on the Line 6 amps being obnoxious and loud, so I played the first part, and without missing a beat, the old guy just picked it right up and we jammed on it for a couple of minutes. two of the dudes that worked there were laughing their asses off, the kids got pissed.

to me, that was the greatest guitar "duel".

i feel old now.

ha ha I would have paid to see that. I dont know how or when I learnt it. I think I adapted it from Aura Lee (love me tender) but I still use it on stage sometimes when the moment is right.

Earl Scruggs could kick the *** of most guitar heros with his eyes closed.

ha ha I would have paid to see that. I dont know how or when I learnt it. I think I adapted it from Aura Lee (love me tender) but I still use it on stage sometimes when the moment is right.

Earl Scruggs could kick the *** of most guitar heros with his eyes closed.

most good banjo players can...

[thumbup]

So my friend buys a banjo, and the guy says "need any fingerpicks" and my friend says yeah. so the guy says how many? my friend responds that he needs 5. the guy goes "oh yeah, well there are only 5 strings" and my friend goes "oh yeah, and i only have five fingers"

i guess you had to be there...

So my friend buys a banjo, and the guy says "need any fingerpicks" and my friend says yeah. so the guy says how many? my friend responds that he needs 5. the guy goes "oh yeah, well there are only 5 strings" and my friend goes "oh yeah, and i only have five fingers"

i guess you had to be there...

[blink]

Chris Poland vs. Chris Poland

Chris and Chris start off with a bad as$ riff and then go to a lead, Chris Plays a ripping solo and ends with an Indian thing, Chris becomes pissed off and unleashes his own solo. Chris concedes defeat to the second solo, and they live happily ever after.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA7f-pGTG4I&feature=channel_video_title

Archived