Gibson Brands Forums

Should you buy an other guitar?

Searcy

387885_10150367249926634_265558451633_8495669_2139770674_n.jpg

I won't be sharing this with my wife. While she's been really cool about my guitar purchases despite the fact I fall in the "I only jam with my buddies" category. I refuse to sell anything I currently have, unless I discover I can sell my LP Pushtone for enough money to buy a new LP Standard and still have some cash from it's sale left over. :)

All my other guitars are either considered entry level for their respective brand names (SG Special Faded, Gretsch Electromatic G5120) or are just simply so mass produced it will take forever for them to increase in value (2011 Fender American Deluxe Strat). So again with these other instruments, unless they suddenly take a huge jump in their resale value to the point I can make some real profit there's no point to selling them off either. If I was extremely lucky I would manage to sell one of these ones for enough to buy another guitar of only slightly better quality.

I tried to explain to wife how I used to do research on vibration control of large flexible structures (the application was the space station). Since the space station is done nowadays my research focuses on nonlinear string theory. Thus I NEED to buy more guitars for my research. She didn't buy it though...

[confused]

A flow chart for justifying a guitar purchase....LOL

Just buy the damn instrument and take the heat [biggrin]

I imagine some of us have well used couches........[scared][blink] :huh: ....And have suffered heat stroke.......:unsure: ..

Archived