Gibson Brands Forums

1998 Les Paul Standard 24 Fret Double cut-away

TarHeelKid

Traded a USA Standard Strat and a 60s tribute LP for this BEAUTIFUL 1998 AAA Flame Transparent Blue LP Standard DC. This is

one awesome guitar. I wonder why Gibson quit making these. The pickups are killer and the upper fret access is way better than the traditional LP single "horn" design. 24 frets makes it a dream come true!

Traded a USA Standard Strat and a 60s tribute LP for this BEAUTIFUL 1998 AAA Flame Transparent Blue LP Standard DC. This is

one awesome guitar. I wonder why Gibson quit making these. The pickups are killer and the upper fret access is way better than the traditional LP single "horn" design. 24 frets makes it a dream come true!

Sigh...you know the deal...no photos, it didn't happen! [flapper]

CB

Finally got the link up, thanks for not dogging me for being less than cpu savvy!

Underneath each photo you'll see four boxes with URLs in them. Click on the one that says "direct link" and it will copy the URL for that photo for you to paste elsewhere. All you then have to do on your Gibson forums post is to click on the little photograph icon at the top and then paste your copied URL in to that. Bingo!

Alan

Underneath each photo you'll see four boxes with URLs in them. Click on the one that says "direct link" and it will copy the URL for that photo for you to paste elsewhere. All you then have to do on your Gibson forums post is to click on the little photograph icon at the top and then paste your copied URL in to that. Bingo!

Alan

Thank you good sir!

Here's your pics. Great looking DC LP. Congrats. . B)

<copy the "direct link" from photobucket into the "insert image" tool in the post editor window>

312080_275982415780479_100001061679306_849302_1977317535_n.jpg

312700_275983219113732_100001061679306_849303_278339684_n.jpg

Why thank you! It plays like a dream and I have always loved the 490/498 pickup combo.

Ah yes, I think this one was a Musicians Friend special as well. I think they made these from '98-'01 if I'm not mistaken.

Sounds right.....I wasn't buying at the time.....darn shame....love those 24 frets, the look, price, colours, and playability........

Archived