Gibson Brands Forums

according to this, we're pretty shallow here

jannusguy

He did? I thought the old age memory thing was creeping up on him too and he just forgot which ones he already had' date=' so he kept buying more of the same. =D>/ [/quote']

Mike

As usual

Your explanation is far more araldite than mine!

BR

John

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gibson CJ-165 Bridge pins by Bob Colosi

Washburn R316SWRK 125 Year Anniversary Edition Bridge pins by Bob Colosi

Martin D 16 H Bridge pins by Bob Colosi

Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus Bridge pins by Bob Colosi

I was going to ask nodehopper

Do you know where I can get some bridgepins!?

JohnT They are so fantastic they even make my Les Paul sound better...more sustain ! :-)

These Ma**in Moderators have no sense of humor!...

With all fairness to Mutton guit tars, the Moderators are, as you so aptly stated "UO...", i.e. UnOthorized.

I too have found those over at the U(?)MGF as well as the Acoustic Guit tar (f.k.a. Unauthorized Taylor Guit Tar Forum) and OvationFanclub forums to be a bit too liberal and tighly wound for my liking.

"HEY?!?!?!? You cain't talk banjers or decoratin' a back yard with the front clip of a International Harvester pick-um up truck! That's off topic!?!?!? >>>>>:-( GrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR or Why the hail can't you spell guitar? (reference to my usage of 'guit tar'. Some Englishter teacher bustted mychops over that one about once a month.)"

I like it here better. Most of us have 'lives' outside of guit tar playin and collectin'. It's cool to to see what grabs everyone elses' attention outside of guit tar pickin'.

](* "solipsistic "

Is that kind of lilke being a legend in one's own mind?[/quote']

it's the view or the theory that the "self" is all that can be known to exist. ergo, the self is the center of the universe. ergo, bullsh*t. but i like your interpretation!

Some famous solpsists, and users of Bob Colosi's products:

Antonio Stradivari - the Rawlins guitar

Antonio Torres - fan-braced classical guitars

Christian Martin - Martin steel-strung flat-tops

Hermann Hauser - the classical guitar in general, Segovia's specifically

Rick Turner - Alembics

Liikanen and Florath - Liikanen 'Lens Resonance System' classical guitars

Gibson and Loar - Gibson Archtops

Grover Jackson - Ricky 'C's, Washburns, Jacksons

Dana Bourgeois - PRS Acoustics

And no better benchmark than Stradivari's aural perfectionism preferred over the visual aesthetic.

We stand on the shoulders of giants

I don't see how anyone could derive someone's guitar list as 'petty'. I think it's cool to see everyone's guitars on their signature. I don't see it as competitive in any way whatsoever. As someone else mentioned' date=' it's also a good conversation topic at times. As musicians we all take pride in our instruments and equipment, and we're always curious as to what someone else may be using, or playing, or hanging on their walls.

I say keep those lists up there! And update them when you acquire something new! It's good fodder for inquiring minds like me:)[/quote']

Well, as long as you don't find it difficult to read the comments that arise between these lists, I'll do it your way.

:D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/

Karen

2004 Southern Jumbo with bridge pins by Bob Colosi

1993 Seagull S6 cedar' date=' with plastic pins but I'm going to get pins from Bob Colosi for this one too, based on the scientific research that it will improve the sound

4 tuners

4 capos

1, 652 guitar picks

1 truss rod wrench

an old metronome

a little wooden box to keep my picks in [/color']

What?

All this talk of people flaunting their guitar lists and you post that you have

4 Tuners?

4 Capos?

Decadence indeed, is this some sort of "pissing competition" Quote!

LOL

As for 1,652 guitar picks well thats amazing, do you have any re tortex ones? (the sexist in me, who is really a figment of my imagination and for whom I therefore bear no responsibility, is thinking perhaps only a lady would count that many.

Nice one Karen and by the way

When you get the set of

BOB COLOSI bridge pins for the Seagull

You could put the old ones in the little wooden box finding yet another use for it!

BR

John

Ballcorner' date=' I'm curious where you rank your Tony Rice Brazilian on this rather amazing list of instruments?[/quote']

Well, it is a tough one. It is a true bluegrass guitar much like an HD-28V Martin. It has a very strong voice with ringing everywhere and a super hard fingerboard with somewhat delicate feeling frets.

I am not a bluegrass picker, so this is an instrument my friends get much more use out of (I have a weekly jam) than I do, but I have successfully recorded a few solos on it to carry the melody for a ballad.

If I had to choose between this guitar and the HD-28V, I would keep the Martin but that is more a statement of my inability to play well enough to put the Rice through its paces. My nephew plays a lot of flat picked fiddle tunes and the guitar kills on those.

Karen

2004 Southern Jumbo with bridge pins by Bob Colosi

1993 Seagull S6 cedar' date=' with plastic pins but I'm going to get pins from Bob Colosi for this one too, based on the scientific research that it will improve the sound

4 tuners

4 capos

1, 652 guitar picks

1 truss rod wrench

an old metronome

a little wooden box to keep my picks in [/color']

What?

All this talk of people flaunting their guitar lists and you post that you have

4 Tuners?

4 Capos?

Decadence indeed, is this some sort of "pissing competition" Quote!

LOL

As for 1,652 guitar picks well thats amazing, do you have any re tortex ones? (the sexist in me, who is really a figment of my imagination and for whom I therefore bear no responsibility, is thinking perhaps only a lady would count that many.

Nice one Karen and by the way

When you get the set of

BOB COLOSI bridge pins for the Seagull

You could put the old ones in the little wooden box finding yet another use for it!

BR

John

What amazes me is that she calls a box that will hold 1652 guit tar pics a 'little box'! =P~

Just don't ask her about lip stick. #-o

Archived