Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone ES-355 Shipped Pics

indiekiduk

Folks like the option to not install the pickguard......At least they installed the Bigsby for you [flapper][scared][smile] .......

That's a stunning guitar....Simply stunning................Epi does it again.....[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] .......

Looks fantastic. HNGD. Yeah, I wish they came with the pickguard on too. I'm sure someone on here can help you along with drilling the holes without screwing it up. I'd be nervous too. Is the warranty voided after you attach the pickguard? That'd be kinda weird since it comes with the guitar. [unsure]

What does the pickguard look like? Can you post a pic of it?

Interesting, that's the stock pic they have shown for the ES-345. The one for the ES-355 is supposed to be "imitation Tortoise"??

Anyway, I'd go ahead and have it professionally installed if you're not comfortable doing it yourself. You won't have to worry about screwing it up and I mean, how much can they charge to drill two holes right?

No idea how you attach the scratch plate there are no instructions. I'm worried about drilling a hole and damaging the guitar why can't Epiphone just sell it with the scratch plate attached?? [cursing] [cursing]

f368cd36c1afa1663487dc75fde32c47.jpg

793f2017e963ee857bf65e9f013520f0.jpg

c5be780a5f32681ce66b463cd8ce253e.jpg

b11d2dc25984919410100dfb6e56675c.jpg

063c13d95d050dd45697e80cf5349774.jpg

I say leave it off. A lot of guys remove their guard, but then they have the screw hole. This way you won't have to worry about that..

Did it come with the mounting bracket? Screws? The rubber grommet for the neck-end of the scratchplate? (We call them "pickguards" here in the US.) You'll need all of that for a proper installation, and if it were me, I'd have it professionally done. It is supposed to be a bound tortoise guard for a 355, but Epiphone may not be doing it that way. 345's had black guards, so they might be using the same guard for both models. They still should have included the mounting hardware, though.

Archived