Gibson Brands Forums

damn it

Enmitygauged

Guest farnsbarns

My work has locked the Gibson site from me. So I won't be on very much any more peace to all and thanks for your help over the years :)

Let's if they did a good job.

Try this...

Google "gibson forum"

In the results, rather than clicking, as usual, on the blue heading, click on the small "cached copy" link. Once your on that you might find you can navigate to where you want to be.

Or you can just do your work like a person should...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!! Not a chance.

We had Facebook and Myspace blocked at work through the router for awhile. Our trick to get past it was to drop the "www." from the address. Not sure what kind of blocking your work is doing, but it might be worth a shot.

Some of you guys assume that the guys that are doing the blocking are tards. They know all about proxies and every other way to do this stuff, that's why they block the stuff they do! This entire building is 2500 computer specialsts fercryinoutloud.

I work for uncle, we have tacit agreement not to get in big deep trouble doo doo with alla youz poopy pants intarew3bz boyeez and we're fine if we don't. Still, last five years or so have seen dramatic drop in places you can get to from in here. I would assume a fine forum like this full of all of you fine netizens would pass muster. And I'm sure they read it and wonder what ever happened to the old rct of the usenet glory days and all them great fights them guys would get into.

rct

That's easy as hell to get by.

Just go here and type in whatever website you want to get to: http://proxy.hnation.org/

That proxy will never get blocked. Just saying. (No one try and call me out on that. If you go to the website you'll see why it will never get blocked.)

"Your request to visit "proxy.hnation.org" is denied because <edited> has indentified that this website is hosting malicious content."

Followed by a bunch of reminders of our terms of use and all that. And believe me, once you get the Denied screen, you ain't ever gonna see that site.

rct

Some of you guys assume that the guys that are doing the blocking are tards.

90% of the ones that *I* have met are. It never ceases to amaze me.

I know what you're saying though, I'm sure there are some good admins out there.

Just go here and type in whatever website you want to get to: http://proxy.hnation.org/

That proxy will never get blocked. Just saying. (No one try and call me out on that. If you go to the website you'll see why it will never get blocked.)

I looked at the page.. the methods he's using may fool some, but it's very easy to block if you know what you're doing. I would consider any admin who fails to block that site... a tard.

Guest farnsbarns

Block that using a 127.0.0.1 loopback on the url in the hosts file. That said, most workplace network admins are tards in my experience. I once called an out of hours number for it at a company I was working for (call centre stop gap) at 0630 because a virus was going around as people switched on. The guy asked me to email everyone asking them not to log in.

Let's if they did a good job.

Try this...

Google "gibson forum"

In the results, rather than clicking, as usual, on the blue heading, click on the small "cached copy" link. Once your on that you might find you can navigate to where you want to be.

This [thumbup]

That's easy as hell to get by.

Uh no... but their work content filter can block http://proxy.hnation.org/ as ours does or any site that has to do with proxy or proxy redirection... msp_flapper.gif

Archived