Gibson Brands Forums

Sushi Surprise

Californiaman

One of my wife's clients is Japanese.

She hand rolls her own sushi.

She makes her own tempura batter.

She gave us tuna and salmon rolls tonight. [drool]

Not just one or two or three or four or five.

She made six delicious rolls tonight from fresh fish.

An entire tray of rolls.

Last week she gave us a tray of shrimp, scallop, and vegetable tempura. [drool]

I just love me some sushi.

I used to eat lots of sushi,so much so that now I've grown tired of it.Every Friday I'd have a big tray of authentic Japanese sushi,made right on site at a local supermarket by a trained Japanese sushi chef.I hope some day that I'll be able to go back eating it because it is an extremely tasty delicasy.One day I offered some to my buddy,he saw the wasabi and asked what it was,I told him that it was incredibly hot Japanese horse radish and that a tiny bit was enough.He slathered it on the sushi like it was peanut butter,I tried to warn him but he said there wasn't anything made yet that was too hot for him-he found out at the first bite that there was.

I love Sushi but have it about once a month, I like it to be a special occasion, when I am tired of everything else Sushi hits the spot.

I can't say that I have had real Wasabi, only the stuff they pass as Wasabi here in the US called Western Wasabi,

*love* sashimi and sushi.

I just got back from celebrating my mother in law's 60th birth day. Had a six course meal at a Korean owned Japanese restaurant. The best part was a sashimi plate of a fish they pulled from the tank, killed, and sliced up there. The pieces just melted in your mouth.

I love Sushi, and Sashimi...well, Japanese food, in general, really.

Korean, Thai, and Chinese, too...for that matter. Trouble is, I have

to drive (minimum) 2-3 hours, to find any! [crying]

CB

That's a long way to go for sushi or Chinese.

Might I suggest the all you can eat sushi place.

That way you can hog out 'till your heart is content.

And if the owner doesn't like it, tell him to give you your money back and you'll gladly move on to the next sushi bar.

I took a lovely lady to an Asian bistro. Spent $80 on dinner, and probably $20 of that was sushi. Good stuff.

Hope you got some after dinner treats at the end of the night.

I love Sushi but have it about once a month, I like it to be a special occasion, when I am tired of everything else Sushi hits the spot.

I can't say that I have had real Wasabi, only the stuff they pass as Wasabi here in the US called Western Wasabi,

Once a month is usually it for me. This has been a banner month though. I've had it three times so far.

I just got back from celebrating my mother in law's 60th birth day. Had a six course meal at a Korean owned Japanese restaurant. The best part was a sashimi plate of a fish they pulled from the tank, killed, and sliced up there. The pieces just melted in your mouth.

That's authentic. Good for you EVOL.

Dem00n, make sure you get lots of dragon sauce with that plate of sushi.

It'll put hair on your chest and give you an extra shot of testosterone.

Archived