Gibson Brands Forums

Remember the old days?

AXE®

In reading all the posts and reading California's link, I have to say I don't miss the old days: talking guitars is one thing; talking politics is another. I have come to believe that the anonymous nature of online chatting did bring out the worst in people, me included. In person with Neo, I would have loved to have a beer with the guy and talk about guitars and just sh+t in general. But when Neo brought out the swords, I felt the need to do the same, and suddenly I was Luke Skywalker and he was Vader, and I mean that just as epic as it sounds. He would see it the same way, roles reversed. And just as epic.

I still remember and am proud of a one-liner I gave Neo: "My GOD Neo...do something productive! Walk the dog! Talk to your wife! Or take the recycling to City Hall...that is, if you don't see that as the long and intrusive arm of government..."

I left on a high note, not returning for months...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest farnsbarns

Axe,

May I respectfully suggest that perhaps, as someone once said, "everything is in a constant state of change" ?

And while I am on the subject of 'respectfull suggestions'... you may wish to consider changing your avatar,

which I personally find extreemly annoying with its continuous movement in the corner of my eye, as I try to read your posts ?

Kind regards,

F.

Nooo! I like that avatar to the extent that I nicked it and used it as the admin avatar on a forum I run for a customer.

Guest farnsbarns

Who changes their avatars anymore? [mellow]

I did today actually but only because I don't have the R6 any more.

Archived