Gibson Brands Forums

Sonogram

jannusguy2

as far as you know. you lookin' for a fight?

No, just interested in how things progress for fellow members. I do remember a fairly fiery thread a while ago. Looks like you didn't sell all the non-vintage ones given the beautiful picture of the Smeck elsewhere. Sort of nice to see that you've kept some of the rather lovely collection. And the baby looks very nice - especially with the wide grain.

Yep. My understanding is all the TV models feature red spruce. At least the J200s do. I had a J45 TV that was red spruce as well.

the hummingbird TV has sitka... b/c that's what they used in the 60s.

So, what are the odds that my bespoke J200TV, that is under construction now, will have a laminate fingerboard? The work order just says "Rosewood". I didn't ask about a laminate bridge because I can't imagine a laminate mustache bridge. Thoughts? Thanks.

So, what are the odds that my bespoke J200TV, that is under construction now, will have a laminate fingerboard? The work order just says "Rosewood". I didn't ask about a laminate bridge because I can't imagine a laminate mustache bridge. Thoughts? Thanks.

I think I would have a little heart-to-heart with the Custom shop. Better to know now than end up disappointed later. If you make enough noise, they can probably scare up a proper piece of wood.

• 1 month later...

I've just been informed that this guitar is shipping today or tomorrow so, this time next week I will have it. It's gonna be a long week. The pics in this thread were the only ones I ever received and I'm OK with that as it will be a (hopefully pleasant) surprise when I open the case. This news coupled with the return, tomorrow, of my Roy Smeck, well, you can imagine how I'm feeling. [smile]

Hey, Jannus, what are the customizations you are having done? I'm sure you are exciting that it will be there soon!

It was a bit of a fluke that I was able to "customize" the guitar at all. A long story for another time, maybe. Since they were building from scratch, I was able to send along pictures of bursts that I favored from 1949 and 1952 versions of the guitar that I was drooling over. Tighter, reddish bursts. I'll see if I can find the images I sent and post them. Additionally, the guitar will have a Baggs Pup system and a strap button. That's pretty much it. I didn't want to mess with it too much. The main thing for me was being able to get it looking like I wanted it too. How often does that happen?!

as far as you know. you lookin' for a fight?

I don,t think Mojorule is looking for a fight, but like I do, remember your little tiff/temper tantrum that you threw several months ago about Gibson possibly being guilty of Dept of F&W violations of procuring wood and subsequently going to sell off all but your vintage ones? I guess you had a change of heart? [smile]

I don,t think Mojorule is looking for a fight, but like I do, remember your little tiff/temper tantrum that you threw several months ago about Gibson possibly being guilty of Dept of F&W violations of procuring wood and subsequently going to sell off all but your vintage ones? I guess you had a change of heart? [smile]

I was happy with mojorule's explanation. What's your story? My "tantrum" wasn't about the company's problems it was about how the CEO responded to them by playing a political card using tea party simpletons to rally fer 'merican justice and agin' the Obama gubmint. It bugged me that the CEO of a company I had spent so much money with was so crass as to try to use politics to mitigate his likely self made problems. My feelings about this haven't changed but I dropped another 4K with the company and I'm addressing your smug BS so, I guess I'm the dxmbass here.

Archived