Gibson Brands Forums

Just ordered this....

Bluesbrekr

I've been having GAS for this guitar for a while. Ordered it tonight. I was disappointed in that it was only available in cherry. I would have liked the TV yellow. Oh well, I'm a huge fan of the P90's. Can't wait to get it.

Pics to follow after it arrives....

BTW, for anyone who already has this guitar, what are your thoughts?

I've been having GAS for this guitar for a while. Ordered it tonight. I was disappointed in that it was only available in cherry. I would have liked the TV yellow. Oh well, I'm a huge fan of the P90's. Can't wait to get it.

Pics to follow after it arrives....

BTW, for anyone who already has this guitar, what are your thoughts?

What is it, a 61 SG Special?

HNGD! Who says you need a Three-Grand $$ Guitar to play Rock-N-Roll!!!??? Looks like a lot of fun for very little cash! The Melody Makers have already proven that a slab of wood and a well fitted neck can make an awesome guitar from simplicity... Your new Epi Special will likely be no exception for you I am sure. Get it set-up to your liking and make the tweaks you need, if any, and Enjoy the heck out of it!

There's $20 off orders of $99+ until midnight, code "20OFF".

Ah.........I need to check my SPAM folder more often; that's where many coupons end up......You were gone so long Rob that I obtained

two new amps, and four new stomp boxes.........

Yes, great guitar for the money....Very playable, and hey, two P-90s, sweet deal from Epi.........[thumbup] ...

For less than the price of two P-90s, you get a good guitar with two P-90s. You just can't go wrong here. I got one a while back and I am not at all disappointed. This guitar can scream with some pretty good sustain.

I got a Leo Quan styled badass bridge for it and ordering a new set of tuners. Plan to change poys and cap soon.

You wouldn't think they could sell a guitar with 2 P-90s at that price and still make money on it-well bought-Congrats and with those pups she should sing real pretty regardless of the low price.

Ok, here's a link to the pics....

http://s1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh548/Bluesbrekr1/

On first 'acoustic' playing, the neck is a bit 'flat' I'll need to adjust the truss rod for a bit more bow. Everything looks good. No defects or flaws that I can see. I really love the 'stripes' in the finish on the front and back. The whole guitar is a matte or flat finish. I love that feeling on the neck.

More info after I plug her in....

That's a really good looking guitar! A lot better than my flat blacky. I think I'm going to sand that down sometime later and put a natural finish on the top.

So, I went out and I played a Gibson 60s tribute with P-90s, it sounded great! But, I gotta say that the Epi Special runs a decent second. You're going to like your new guitar.

Ah heck! Now I have some major gas going for that Gibby. Might just have get it next time GC offers up the 150 off.

P-90 LP

I'll be plugging it in a bit later when I get home.

fretter....what tuners did you have in mind for replacements??

Honestly I just can't make up my mind. That's what's really holding up the modding that I have in store for this guitar. I'm leaning toward Grover locking tuners but kinda want to keep it simple.

Archived