Gibson Brands Forums

Fender Special Edition Jaguar Thinline

dem00n

I know! Fender Japan has been hiding these beauties from the American public for years. Wish I could tap my savings for it. Couple this with the new Johnny Marr signature Jaguar and I could upset my wife enough to file for divorce ;)

Those are MIJ?

Yep. Check the stamp on the neck heel at 0:45 in the vid. Doesn't matter (well, it does, it should cost less). But from a quality standpoint, I think it should be a great guitar (when there is an American counterpart, I usually buy those, and the Japanese Counterpart may have a different feel/configuration, but obviously that isn't an issue with this one).

Heck, I'm even about ready to order a Mexican Strat (already have 3 American Strats, the one I am after is unique to Mexico).

Cool guitar ...but it's a semi-hollow.....just like my wallet....and my house if my wife see's me bring home another guitar.. [flapper][flapper]

Hey, I can help you out there. I'll send you my address and you can ship it here for safe keeping ;). Mapquest says it's only about a 5 hour drive, so...

The MIJ guitars were the best post CBS guitars Fender ever made IMHO! I also love the MIM guitars, especially when they've been f@#$D with! I have played many MIA Strats and most (not all) of the MIM Strats I have played (especially the one I own!) blow them out of the water.

I'm not looking to sink more money into a $1500 guitar. It'd be another $500 to mount a Gibson neck I would think - if I'm lucky. It would be cool as hell, but I have too many guitars already!

Blasphemer! (On the "too many guitars thing..." [wink] )

The MIJ guitars were the best post CBS guitars Fender ever made IMHO! I also love the MIM guitars, especially when they've been f@#$D with! I have played many MIA Strats and most (not all) of the MIM Strats I have played (especially the one I own!) blow them out of the water.

Funny thing I like MIA Strats over MIM Strats because I find the Mexican Fenders have a certain warmth about them that takes out what I like about a Strat... both countries make great versions of the Strat though. My favorite MIM Strat would have to be the Road Worn series, I wasn't a fan of the looks but the feel was really nice.

Archived