Gibson Brands Forums

i kind of feel a bit down right now

FenderGuy1

Guest farnsbarns

i dunno why, but i feel a bit down.......

Chin up fella, it's a common byproduct of being creative, without that you'd turn into a happy plastic pop musician so think of it as a good thing in the long run. Having access to the darker corners of your psyche is a trade off. I'm guessing Garry Moore wasn't in the best of moods when he wrote still the the blues for example.

[thumbup] Get outdoors & live some life. It clears the brain & cheers your soul!!!

I can hang inside only so long, even with Iowa winters/summers. Then whatever it's like outdoors got to see the world and creatures. Even some of them on two legs that are getting WAY TO DANG CREEPY for me. [biggrin]

Aster

Chin up fella, it's a common byproduct of being creative, without that you'd turn into a happy plastic pop musician so think of it as a good thing in the long run. Having access to the darker corners of your psyche is a trade off. I'm guessing Garry Moore wasn't in the best of moods when he wrote still the the blues for example.

creative nottin...it's a by product of being human....what a piss poor design we are as a species, just sayin. [flapper]

Guest farnsbarns

creative nottin...it's a by product of being human....what a piss poor design we are as a species, just sayin. [flapper]

Er, design? No no no! And if we never felt low how would we know when we were high?

Going to a music store and checking out gear will only add to depression when you see a guitar,amp or stomp box that you really like and realize that you can't afford it.The best cure for the blues is to either play them or listen to them.

Nate, glad you're feeling better. At your age, the depression just kicks in for some reason (or no reason at all!) at times. Just weather the storm, and do something positive (lots of good suggestions above). That garage sale guitar looks like $20 VERY well spent! [thumbup]

Nate, glad you're feeling better. At your age, the depression just kicks in for some reason (or no reason at all!) at times. Just weather the storm, and do something positive (lots of good suggestions above). That garage sale guitar looks like $20 VERY well spent! [thumbup]

Yep, its a wonderful steel string acoustic, has a few dings and even a hole in the soundhole but it is nice sounding from the 80s

Suffered from depression my whole life so I know how you feel. Getting out and moving around is great therapy as is playing the hell out of your guitar or any instrument. A little coffee or black tea can get you moving too. I find I write my best material when depressed. Think it was Jim Morrison who said, "Hold on to your depression, learn from your depression"

When life hands you lemons, don't make lemonade. Take a mouthful bite of the fruit; rind and all.

Archived