120521435-detail1-l.jpg

120521435-detail2-l.jpg

120521435-detail3-l.jpg

120521435-serial-l.jpg

120521435-back-l.jpg

120521435-backbody-l.jpg

I could never take picyture as nice as the one SW did

http://www.sweetwater.com/guitargallery/electric/custom/s120521435

I always thought the idea of SW opening the guitar was a turn off, I wanted to be the one, but after this purchase I think they have it right. I saw the exact guitar I was getting, they checked it out, it's perfect, they set it up ( i'll still tweak it).

The back of this SG is just like my 61RI same cuts and bevels, the neck is the same as is the neck joint, the neck heel is a little thicker because the body is a little thicker because of the maple cap. It's like they took a 61RI cut 1/3 of the body off dropped a 3/4 inch maple cap on it and then shapped it. I have a few different SG's and this is quickly becom'n my fav. She weights in at 7lbs-10oz but feels lighter, great balance. Wish it did have the 4 controls, I'm go'n to look into stack pots.

Thanks to all the replies.

Great looking SG. Give us some comparisons in sound from one to the next if you can.

This is a tuff one as there are a few different things between them all. Different bodies, necks, fret boards. It seeems like the BB pro's are between a Classic 57's and 498T. They are not has hot as the 498T or have as much mid range bump. I'm not to fond of the 57's in my 61RI. I'm really liking this guitar, the whole package is really starting to feel like this is the one guitar for me. We'll see as time goes by if the honeymoon fades.

• 7 months later...

This is a tuff one as there are a few different things between them all. Different bodies, necks, fret boards. It seeems like the BB pro's are between a Classic 57's and 498T. They are not has hot as the 498T or have as much mid range bump. I'm not to fond of the 57's in my 61RI. I'm really liking this guitar, the whole package is really starting to feel like this is the one guitar for me. We'll see as time goes by if the honeymoon fades.

So how do you feel about it now?

So how do you feel about it now?

I'm still love'n her. She feels and plays great. Still not a 100% with the BB PRO's. They take a little fuss'n with to get my sound, but all my guitars are like that, I just don't turn the guitar knobs to 10 and play. I tried to pickup a second one when they where on sale and it was total different than mine. So I got very lucky. I bought a pair of stacked control pots but haven't put them in yet.

Archived