Gibson Brands Forums

what would you get next?

nikko18

Do pigs fly in Buffalo?

Well I am a rocket scientist, so if I need to make a pig fly to get your guitar...then so be it!

2009 R9 would be great idea though. Wouldn't it be great if the man himself signed a few limited editions of that icon? I've got to stop reading this thread, or eat less beans, because I'm getting serious G.A.S. over here...

so what kind of les paul would you get next' date=' or what are you already saving for?

the next guitar i would want would be a les paul custom with three pickups in black, which i would then put a gold bigsby on and see if i could find one of those jimmy page 6 way switch's. i would also possibly switch out the bridge and neck pickups for the same type i have on my current guitar because they just sound so awesome.

while i would like an actual jimmy page black beautie it is way out of my price range, mostly cause it's got his name on it.

ph and it would have to have a mahagony top too i love that lead tone from a mahagony top and back. i have played one LP with that it it sounded so awesome.

as far as being an awesome guitar for electronics and stuff, i also just love how the black and gold go together. espeacilly with the gold bigsby. it just looks awesome, hard core but also a bit refined and classy.

hmm i wonder what it would look like if i replaced the pickup rings with gold ones because the neck and bridge PUs would be uncovered.[/quote']

Have you ever played a three pickup les paul? Not great IMO. 2 is more than enough... It might be better with the 6 way switch though.

Plus bigsby's are a total pain in the ***...

right now I'm saving for a Les Paul' date=' after that either a new amp or something with single coils [/quote']

My advice would be a les paul with p90s. If your axe of choice is a les paul, then get one. I have one, and i love it.

One with P90s in it.

If you don't have the cash for a '56 reissue, look for a goldtop standard with p90's. They're hard to find, but they're great.

My list is as follows.

Pre - 08 lp standard, refinished to look like the slash/perry standard. (see the november rain video).

Pre - 08 lp standard, desertburst

Les Paul custom - Ebony

Les Paul custom - Alpine white

Pre - 08 lp standard - wine red

Pre - 08 lp standard - Ebony

Pre - 08 lp standard - Honeyburst

Pre - 08 lp standard - Lightburst

R0

R9

I'm 21 now... Should have that lot taken care of by the time I'm 31... +:-@

After that, an sg doubleneck maybe... or an R8

I'd like to have a nice LP Custom (again). I used to have an "77 Black Beauty about 20 years ago but like most of the young and foolish' date=' I sold it. I think nothing looks classier than a pristine Black Beauty w/ gold hardware. Sort of like wearing a tux.[/quote']

thats what i think too, you somed it up pretty good "like wearing a tux"

Man, threads like this give me a baaaaad case of GAS.

My next LP just has to be a Custom Shop model. I'm torn between a Custom Shop Slash Signature LP, an R9, or an R0. I have just bought a USA Slash Signature LP and am loving the Seymour Duncan pups and the slim neck profile, and the Fishman Powerbridge that comes with the Custom Shop model seems like it adds many interesting possibilities to the sound scape of the LP. And that tobacco finish never fails to look good.

But then the sheer simple beauty, elegance and purity of the historic Custom Shop line also appeals. An R9 is just the pinnacle (R9's R9 is just the most stunning one I have seen, going by pics in the forum), then again the slimmer neck of an R0........... so many choices, so little dosh.

Archived