Gibson Brands Forums

Save the Tatas!

Californiaman

I'm very aware of breast's... Aware that I'm a guy so I don't have them on my body (glad of that fact) and aware that I don't have a nice pair (attached to a nice girl) to hold or love in my bed!

Not knocking the cause just moaning about being alone (no pun intended). [crying]

Great Cause. My wife and I just got involved with the American cancer Society this year. We organized local musicians to entertain our local Relay for Life.

Slogans like F#*K Cancer and Save the Tatas reach those that would normally dismiss anything clean and neat. Cancer effects absolutely everyone, including the silly hearted and anti establishment types, it's important to reach everyone.

Save the ta-ta's is awesome :)

I used to Box and my local club did a campaign called "Knocking Out Cancer" that went to support breast cancer research.

We raised a couple thousand dollars for the cause, so it was a pretty good night (even though I got knocked out in my fight) lol.

And Ray, I feel your pain man.

Ya,,, cancer sucks. We can put a rover on Mars but we can't figure out cancer.

I'm a survivor. I had a kidney removed 6 years ago. So far so good.

My wife lost her Mom, her Uncle and her close friend all to cancer within a few short years.

Our baby sitters hubby is fighting for his life and has lost 80 pounds. Survival rate for his type is very low.

Ya man,, cancer sucks the big one.

Great cause, thanks for bringing it to everyone's attention Caliman. I have a sister who died from breast cancer, and I knew several other women who also died from it. Cancer is epidemic.

"Save the Tatas" has been around since 2004, Caliman. Perhaps you just haven't had the exposure.

I have learned more about cancer in the last 15 years than I ever wanted to know. My wife's family has Lynches Syndrome II This is an insidious genetic disease, passed on at birth by the mom or dad.

Any parent with Lynch, has a 50/50 chance of passing it on to the children. it's coin toss. It effects mostly the digestive track, as well as the urinary tracks and it shows up @ a very young age. With many, this will start in a persons 20s, when NOBODY is thinking about colon cancer screens. By the time a person is in their 30s, it's often to late, and the cancer has advanced.

My wife is one of 6.

One brother died at 34, small intestine cancer, stage 4

Two other brothers both have had their colons removed before they were 40, both advanced stages.

Her father was a walking cancer study, you name it he had it, all Lynch related.

In 2009, it hit close to home, and my wife was diagnosed with bladder cancer @ the age of 49

Thanks to the incredible people at Dana Faber's Genetic Studies, and the Doctors there who have been looking after my wife Deb, she is doing great, and at this time, considered cured, (Bladder Cancer is one of those cancers that has no time limit, it can return any time, hence it is one of the most expensive cancers to treat.)

My son was tested for Lynch, and he is positive. He will need screens at least once every two years for the rest of his life, he is 33, and this is when people are the most likely where the Lynches Syndrome will strike.

Awareness on ALL cancers needs to be raised, not just breast cancer.

How many people have heard of Lynches syndrome?

Do any of you know that about one in 20 are carriers?

Do you know that it primary affects Men before they are 40?

What about Prostate Cancer? any walks or awareness months for that? No, there are not.

Not trying to say I don't support anyone who has had this horrible disease, (Cancer period) but we gotta raise awareness on ALL cancers, that's really all I'm trying to say.

Hope I did pee on anyone's sneakers,

Hello Kidblast! I've lost both my uncles because of cancer. The younger passed 12 years ago, He was in His 40s. An active sportsman, who has never smoked got lung cancer. My older uncle passed away a year ago because of prostate cancer. They have "inherited" this tendency for cancer from their grandfather. I had cancer removed last May - I am not even 40... What can I say, we live in an unhealthy environment, consume plastic food, breath gases, not to mention the stress. Yes, our civilization has so advanced technologies that we can collide subatomic particles, but for some reason we can't cure cancer... I am not into conspiracy theories in general, but that's strange isn't it? Best wishes... Bence

"Relay for Life is huge. I attend events whenever they are held."

Thanks for the tip on that! I'll check them in this region.

"What can I say, we live in an unhealthy environment, consume plastic food, breath gases, not to mention the stress. Yes, our civilization has so advanced technologies that we can collide subatomic particles, but for some reason we can't cure cancer... I am not into conspiracy theories in general, but that's strange isn't it?"

I hear you man! Seems that if genetics doesn't work against us, the environment and what we are exposed to daily does.

With the money the medical industries make on cancer treatments, cures etc, it's almost impossible NOT to think there's something more there when you "Follow the Money"

I forgot to mention, kidblast... Relay for Life is usually held at high school tracks, and they usually have a stage with bands. Often, they will be happy to have bands volunteer to play and take advantage of the opportunity to promote themselves- a great venue for exposure, and there are usually hundreds of people in attendence at any one time throughout the day.

I forgot to mention, kidblast... Relay for Life is usually held at high school tracks, and they usually have a stage with bands. Often, they will be happy to have bands volunteer to play and take advantage of the opportunity to promote themselves- a great venue for exposure, and there are usually hundreds of people in attendence at any one time throughout the day.

So I checked that link and in the Spring 2013 looks like several events in the general area which is Central Mass. (aka: 15 / 30 minutes from the house)

Probably be checking some of these out

Thanks Zig!

/KB (Ray)

just one final thought on this before I move on to happier topics... With Cancer, the only true weapons we have, is knowledge and early detection.

People hear the word Cancer, and many seem to shy away from it. Seems the common path of thinking is Cancer = death.

it DOES not. there are cures, and treatments to control and beat it.

But it's serious, and it has to be aggressively dealt with.

Once you have Cancer, the LAST thing you can do is let the disease make the next move. It's already got the jump on you, you as a potential survivor must go on the attack and never stop being on offense.

Anyone who is recently diagnosed needs to get on the education path immediately, do not curl up in a fetal position, fight back.

If you don't like an answer a surgeon, oncologist or primary care doctor give you, challenge it, ask for the second opinion, inquire about the cancer institutes and hospitals in your state, or region that are dedicated to treatments and cures. They EXIST to kill cancer.

Your local home town hospital is not wired for dealing with this, yet they will make you think they have it under control, they don't. they will never be aggressive enough, they do not have the resources, so they will opt for "well will monitor, and wait and see".. that's what this disease wants.

It wants to complete it's mission, find the blood or lymph system, and spread. Non-aggressive/Wait and See approaches give the disease the time it needs.

Early detection, knowledge, and aggressive actions (hooking up with places like John Hopkins, Dana Farber, etc) - a requirement for surviving this beast.

THIS is the AWARENESS that is needed!!

I'm off my soap box... lets talk about pickups!!

/KB

Once you have Cancer, the LAST thing you can do is let the disease make the next move. It's already got the jump on you, you as a potential survivor must go on the attack and never stop being on offense.

Your local home town hospital is not wired for dealing with this, yet they will make you think they have it under control, they don't. they will never be aggressive enough, they do not have the resources, so they will opt for "well will monitor, and wait and see".. that's what this disease wants.

It wants to complete it's mission, find the blood or lymph system, and spread. Non-aggressive/Wait and See approaches give the disease the time it needs.

Amen to that. I am really angry that my sister did not pursue a more aggressive treatment, and in the end, I think it cost her her life.

Amen to that. I am really angry that my sister did not pursue a more aggressive treatment, and in the end, I think it cost her her life.

I'm sorry about your sister Zig, it sucks..

With Jim - think about him all the time, he passed in 96... 34 with two young kids.. We still see his kids, and now they have kids,, the things he has missed..

maybe he didn't...

And my sister passed in December last year. she was only 64. she never took care of herself tho.. (so it wasn't cancer related).. she poor health and no really good healthy habits it all caught up with her

Great cause, thanks for bringing it to everyone's attention Caliman. I have a sister who died from breast cancer, and I knew several other women who also died from it. Cancer is epidemic.

"Save the Tatas" has been around since 2004, Caliman. Perhaps you just haven't had the exposure.

Yeah... it's hard when you're living in Hooterville/Hobo Junction.

I've seen the stickers around but just assumed it was some breast cancer awareness thing.

I'm glad that our local football organization, we're actually the largest youth football organization on the Central Coast of California, takes the time to recognize the cause.

It's good for the kids.

On a lighter note, has anyone seen these crazy Axe commercials?

I think it's cute. Because well you'll get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g83IQGu2bW4

Well I was raised up on Tata's and was weaned way to early ! To this day I still play with Taata's and even thought about designing a pillow that looked/felt like Tata's,three equal rows of six double D's. I'm 100% behind this Tata group.

Yours Truly

Tata Lover

Archived