Gibson Brands Forums

RIP "Gage"

DanvillRob

We've known he's been on 'borrowed time' for awhile now.

He got so weak a couple of weeks ago, that I made this video in honor of his life on a trip to Boston.

We were gone to a National Specialty, (Dog Show), last week and got home Sunday night....and we knew it was time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-FPTE3gEos

We've known he's been on 'borrowed time' for awhile now.

He got so weak a couple of weeks ago, that I made this video in honor of his life on a trip to Boston.

We were gone to a National Specialty, (Dog Show), last week and got home Sunday night....and we knew it was time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-FPTE3gEos

So sorry for your loss, He was a lucky dog to have such a life. Well done.

So sorry man. I know pets become as much blood kin as anybody. I almost lost my Jack Russell " lady bird" to parvo a couple years ago. I felt like I had a child dying in the hospital. She made it though. But I never woulda thought a little ole dog could made a 6'2 240 pound man cry. Lesson learned.

Great video too. Loved the music. He surely lived a long full life [thumbup]

Bob, takes a while...they really are just like your children. Not going to be long until I go through it again with my ol coyote.

Hang tough pal.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Unless something went over my head, which is highly possible, Fred did u say you had a coyote??

There are certainly plenty of them in the hill country of northern Californis where he lives. I rode around the area with Fred in a golf cart a few months ago, and there's some pretty wild country in his backyard. He's even got his own personal gold mining operation--albeit on a small scale--just across the road and down in the creek.

It would be just like Fred to have a coyote as a pet. He's a bit of a nature boy underneath it all.

Sweet, Bob.

So sorry he's gone.

Thanks, Nick. He was a great friend.

So sorry man. I know pets become as much blood kin as anybody. I almost lost my Jack Russell " lady bird" to parvo a couple years ago. I felt like I had a child dying in the hospital. She made it though. But I never woulda thought a little ole dog could made a 6'2 240 pound man cry. Lesson learned.

Great video too. Loved the music. He surely lived a long full life [thumbup]

Thank God Parvo didn't get Lady Bird....it's an awful disease!

Thanks for the kind words.

Bob, takes a while...they really are just like your children. Not going to be long until I go through it again with my ol coyote.

Hang tough pal.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Fred, you KNOW what my dogs mean to me....and I know the same about you!

I had a tough time reading your post about the Rainbow Bridge..... still tough to type even!

Rob ,

get the bird out and right him a song ... I'm sure you will be able to come up with a beautiful song for him .

and may you be together again in heaven

God Bles

JC

Juan Carlos, that might drive him AWAY from the Rainbow Bridge!

My condolences. I've been in your shoes a couple times and it's not easy.

I appreciate your thoughts.

Rob, sorry to learn of your loss. My condolences.

What a nicely done and touching video tribute.

Thanks, coming from you a compliment, indeed.

Cant watch it..sorry for your loss.Felt the same about our close friend Augustide who died Oct 2 years ago.

I haven't been able to watch it since his passing..... maybe in a few days.

So sorry about your Augustide..... no friend is easy to lose.

Rob, no need to explain. Been there myself and know how you feel. Nice to know you're among friends at a time like this.

Dave

Dave, I DO feel like everyone here is a friend....with all our warts, etc.

Also, every single person from here I've met in real life are truly stellar individuals.

This forum draws the very best.

Dave, I DO feel like everyone here is a friend....with all our warts, etc.

Also, every single person from here I've met in real life are truly stellar individuals.

This forum draws the very best.

Have to say I feel the same. I've visited many other forums over the years and can honestly say this one is different. Long may it continue!

Shame I'm on the wrong side of the pond though lol. Get more and more jealous every time I see pics of Fred's back yard!!

Archived