Gibson Brands Forums

NGD's

JuanCarlosVejar

these guitars came out of the blue , I had lost all hope of getting the J 35 lefty .but Don R at gibson true to his word decided to build me a J 35 lefty to the Ren Luthier's Choice Ltd Edition specs and he delivered .When I got the news I had him throw in an L00 to the Ren built specs also here are the results :

Guitar #1 L00 :

DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0013-1.jpg

JC

Speaking of necks... what neck profile do you have on that J-35? Great lookin' guit by the way.

Dan ,

as far as I know it has the luthier's choice neck .

I think it's chunkier than the normal necks .

check this link out : http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Blogs/Gibson-Acoustic-Blog/September-2011/The-Luthiers-Choice-Series.aspx

it talks about the whole series of guitars .

on the gibson acoustic facebook they put a photo of the J 35 that was supposed to go to someone in the band Wilco :

J35W.jpg

here's the guy from Wilco at CME :

sansone.jpg

JC

Dan ,

as far as I know it has the luthier's choice neck .

I think it's chunkier than the normal necks .

JC

JC,

The Luthier's Choice neck on my Fuller's 1943 SJ is wide, but not chunky. More like a flattened D-shape. It actually fits my hand pretty well for a very wide neck.

Dan ,

on the gibson acoustic facebook they put a photo of the J 35 that was supposed to go to someone in the band Wilco :

here's the guy from Wilco at CME :

sansone.jpg

Jeff Tweedy Uncle Tupelo - here he is with a pretty nifty looking J200

Jeff Tweedy Uncle Tupelo - here he is with a pretty nifty looking J200

The story about that J 35 is the guy from Wilco played a Ren J 35 which sold and the guy kept thinking about how great that J 35 was so they ordered him one in a darker custom finish ... that model is now available as at Chicago Music Exchange if you want one.

JC

That is exactly what popped into my head. I would love to know what that feels like - even if just once.

I gotta give you a big thumbs up. Enjoy the heck out of the two new kids.

ZW ,

I sold a righty J 35 from the Ren Batch to Bob R ... around that time Jeremy sent me an email that he had spoken to Don and Don gave the Green Light for the J 35 (I had the money stashed away for that one) and then I used what Bob Gave me to get the L00 =) . Originally I had bought the right thinking of going the Macca route with it ... but then I had second thoughts about that because they are just great guitars ... so offered it here at a decent price and Bob got in contact with me . He's happy and I was excited for him because he recieved a cannon of a guitar ... he later told me that some of his friends are in line for the guitar once it's put in the will lol .

thanks to everyone on the forum . this is just a great place to be a part of and share all our guitars .

God Bless all of you

JC

Archived