Gibson Brands Forums

the who @ 12 12 12 show

JuanCarlosVejar

That is a really, really good tone that Pete was getting out of his J-200 live.

Often I found J-200's on the big stage to have quite a bright and jangly tone, not particularly appealing when played solo, but this one sounded great.

Would love to know what pickup system he was using.

McCartney played his Gibson-made Epiphone Texan. He and his band made constant use of various Gibson electrics and the Epiphone Jack Casady bass. I believe a Gibson bass was also used during his song with the surviving Nirvana members.

Red 333

Red ,

yeah I'm not saying he didn't just saying he played a martin during blackbird

JC

Naw,

its called Money BK... [biggrin]

Ha!

Though Mick and Keef etc don't seem to spending it on their stomachs - how thin are these people? They must have the "Magic Burger Bypass Pill" and stuff like it, as well as transfusions....

Mick looks about 45 years old, and Daltry not much more, Macca too.

I am about to watch the concert from the beginning right now - I skipped quite a few bits of the nearly 6 hours?

BluesKing777.

I wish Daltry had kept his shirt buttoned.

My thoughts exactly. I was a little too Tom Jones-y for me. He ain't 25 any more. At least Jagger kept his shirt on, but I was worried a couple of times.

I know how tough big live concerts are, but Daltry seemed to do more shouting than singing these days. His homage to Keith Moon was probably lost on this crowd, which seemed to consist largely of 30-somethings who probably had no idea who Keith was.

I was half-expecting Daltry to hit himself in the face on a couple of his microphone tosses.

My wife (who is older than Charlie Watts) had a good laugh at Keef. He's starting to look like a caricature of himself (but he always has).

I hate getting old, but it's better than the alternative.....

Having vented my grumpiness, I did enjoy all the old boys. Townshend and Clapton still have the chops. How come my 000-28 EC doesn't sound like that when I play it? I thought of Wily when he played "Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out", as he does a nice version of that great old song.

I viewed the whole concert (recorded) last night .

Superb performances by the old Englishmen (and others) - not many clangers in sounds and notes by a whole row of 70 year olds and near 70 year olds - great sets! Really enjoyed it, and they had some surprises for everybody and not just an old re-hash - a real contribution.

The other half and I agreed that they have all been having the Secret Dorian Grey Pill - perhaps Mick has 2 a day.

As for Roger Daltrey undoing his shirt, well - if I make it to 68 and look and sound half as good, I would take it ALL OFF!!!!! Half way through the first song!

BluesKing777.

That is a really, really good tone that Pete was getting out of his J-200 live.

Often I found J-200's on the big stage to have quite a bright and jangly tone, not particularly appealing when played solo, but this one sounded great.

Would love to know what pickup system he was using.

Looked like a standard J200 to me (single ribbons rather than double) and I glimpsed a Fishman Ellipse Aura in the sound hole.

Archived