Gibson Brands Forums

Vince Gills collection

jaxson50

I've owned the guitar since '78. At one time it was appraised at 38k by Milano's Music in Phoenix. Now I can't even get 15k for it. I'm 80% retired now and hate to take it out of the house. So I'd like to sell it. I tried that place in Michigan, but I wasn't comfortable just sending them the guitar without any firm price being agreed on beforehand. So unless I stumble upon a local buyer with a wad of cash...I'll probably end up leaving it to my wife to dispose of.

I like his affection for instruments. That is his job. Saying he has too many guitars would be like saying I, as a nurse, have too many scrubs, compression socks and pen lights.

The story of that OLD Martin was cool. I'd never take all my money and spend it on a guitar even if it was handed to me by an idol, even if it made me play like a rock god. That man has some serious GAS issues.

If you haven't already done so, take some time to check Vince out. Whether you like his genre or not this cat can flat out play. Here's a clip of him at the Crossroads Festival a few years ago. And an added bonus is my friend Jerry Douglas master of the dobro. Enjoy.

I take back all my negative thoughts on modern country music. At least for Vince Gill. That cat can play!

Looks like that's the future now for guitar playing since modern rock & roll is dead.

Edit: His guitar collection is...I have no words for it. [thumbup]

That's the type of guitar collector that I admire,he collects them just for the love of the instruments and all the workmanship that goes into crafting them.So many guitar collectors today pick up guitars just as an investment and to make them some money,I have no time for these types because they just take great instruments out of circulation and keep them away from musicians who would play and appreciate them for what they are;finely crafted works of art that also can produce beautiful music.

quote name='PingPongBob' timestamp='1356753384' post='1303494']

I take back all my negative thoughts on modern country music. At least for Vince Gill. That cat can play!

Looks like that's the future now for guitar playing since modern rock & roll is dead.

Edit: His guitar collection is...I have no words for it. [thumbup]

You might enjoy this then....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jew0nRpL-nI&feature=player_detailpage[

Archived