Gibson Brands Forums

What models would you like to see for 2013 ?

JuanCarlosVejar

Same old rants. A period correct std L00 (black), light build, 24.75 scale, no messin' around. Shortly to be followed by a 12-fret LO0 (also in black). So you guys can buy one and get bored so I can pick it up used, heh. Oh yeh, a rosewood (or hog- dont say I'm picky) Nick Lucas (sorry, don't dig maple in that package). A maple J45 because Russ Barrenberg.

I never thought I'd say this but I'm all set for Gibsons. Although, I'd look at a really clean HG-24.(Even better, have one built! [biggrin] ) Other than that I'm golden with my J200TV, rosewood Roy Smeck reissue and '51 J45.

JG ,

I wrote on the gibson facebook asking for them to reissue the HG hawaiian guitars

Same old rants. A period correct std L00 (black), light build, 24.75 scale, no messin' around. Shortly to be followed by a 12-fret LO0 (also in black). So you guys can buy one and get bored so I can pick it up used, heh. Oh yeh, a rosewood (or hog- dont say I'm picky) Nick Lucas (sorry, don't dig maple in that package). A maple J45 because Russ Barrenberg.

here's a maple J 45 for you Rambler :

JC

If all goes according to plan, there will be a maple J-45 next year (and 3 other accurate "Banner" reissues).

Nice, JT. Do those Kalamazoo Girls have some leverage? Hey, and can you put in a word about about doing the L00 up right? Happy '13. Rambler

I ain't gonna hold my breath but isn't 2013 the 55th anniversary of the first Gibson-mde Epiphones.

I would like to see Gibson do a reissue of the Texan, Excellente and Frontier like those they did back in 1993.

ZW ,

I would so love that =D .

I love the frontier so much but never seen a lefty

JC

No surprise that. Still its a shame to me that they dont have a solid L00 reissue in production (sorry the BK isnt it. Been there). Its as much a chunk of the Gibson legacy as Doves and such.

You could probably get them to build you an L-OO Legend or TV and paint it black. Those Ren L-OO Archetypes show up from time to time. I've seen two on the market in the last 18 months.

Archived