Gibson Brands Forums

Eagles songs????

onewilyfool

For me it's the early stuff: Peaceful Easy Feeling, Take It Easy, Lyin' Eyes, The Best of My Love, and of course, Tequila Sunrise.

I should add Desperado since I've played that on harp since it came out.

Back in '84 or '85 I was on a flight back to Denver from L.A. Glenn Frey and a drop-dead blond (wife?) were in the waiting area. Arrived in Denver and I had to take an Aspen Airways puddle jumper to Colorado Springs. Glenn and the lady were right in front of me at the only check-in desk for Aspen Airways. I swear to god, if I'd had a harp with me I would have played the intro. Anyway, they check in for the flight to Aspen. Who would have guessed? lol

[Edit: Oh, and One of These Nights. Or at least I used to in the early 80's]

I like playing their old stuff, always have a request or two for something by the Eagles. I played a wedding

reception last night and had a request for tequila sunrise and also Please come home for christmas, both

very good tunes. I didn't see much posted about their latest cd. But there are several good acoustic

songs on it as well. I am currently working on waiting in the weeds (very good love song) and also

what do I do with my heart.....(tear jerker)

I've played all the usual suspects here, but I'm a fan of Glenn Frey songs so I include "Part of Me, Part of You" in my repertoire. I sing it a lot to my daughter. Another song with a somewhat similar theme is the last track on their latest album called "It's Your World Now." Great song, don't forget the Kleenex.

But either way, I love me some Eagles...

I was a big Eagles fan -- even waited in line for the release of their first album.

I liked the James Gang too. But, I sorta lost interest in the Eagles when Bernie Leadon left and Joe Walsh and that other guitarist -- what's his name -- came along. They are still good -- just not as interesting to me.

I was a big Eagles fan -- even waited in line for the release of their first album.

I liked the James Gang too. But' date=' I sorta lost interest in the Eagles when Bernie Leadon left and Joe Walsh and that other guitarist -- what's his name -- came along. They are still good -- just not as interesting to me. [/quote']

Don Felder

Interesting piece of trivia for those that don't know it: Don Felder went to high school, at least for awile, in Gainesville, Florida and was in a band in high school there with Stephen Stills. Later after Stills left, Bernie Leadon joined the band. So Felder and Leadon were in a band together years earlier, when they were in high school.

Oh, and there was a younger guy at school there at the same time, one Tom Petty. I read somewhere that Petty got some of his first guitar lessons from Felder. Damn, I bet that school has some great battle-of-the-bands contests!

Honky Dog,

That is interesting. I did not know about the Stills relation.

Last years Tom Petty, with brother Tom Leadon and Mudcrutch was quite good. Loved "Shady Grove", "Lover of the Bayou", etc.

Whatever one's opinion now, those guys are responsible for a lot of great music and good songs for set lists.

Honky Dog' date='

That is interesting. I did not know about the Stills relation.

Last years Tom Petty, with brother Tom Leadon and Mudcrutch was quite good. Loved "Shady Grove", "Lover of the Bayou", etc.

Whatever one's opinion now, those guys are responsible for a lot of great music and good songs for set lists.

[/quote']

Hoyt, I don't think I've heard those tunes. Will have to see if I can track them down.

How about "My Man" from "On The Border" and "Train Leaves Here This Morning" from "Eagles"...

"Midnight Flyer" is also on my band's current set list...

Good choices, Eddie. Especially "My Man" and "Train Leaves Here This Morning" for me. I'm a HUGE Gram Parsons fan, and "My Man" is just a fantastic tribute.

Archived