Gibson Brands Forums

Here's one you don't see every day!

jannusguy2

I have seen pictures of this guitar before. I absolutely love the combination of the small burst and the AJ style inlays on the L-00! I don't dig the two-tone bridge, however. It is a really interesting, great looking guitar, but I would not buy it for the following reasons:

1. The holes drilled in the back.

2. 1989 is before Gibson Acoustic's big comeback in quality. No telling what the guitar actually sounds or plays like.

Here is one I owned. Bought it on ebay several years ago. The seller didn't offer much information as I recall. Obvious an experiment. Sold mine, I believe I had it advertised here. Don't recall where it went. Had a huge rosewood bridge plate, the bridge pin holes were not drilled, lot of other holes. I would have painted it black to hide the holes some. A project. I kinda doubt this guitar was finished by Gibson, although I like the top finish better than I do most new Gibsons.

L00%20bzman%20050P.jpg

I have seen pictures of this guitar before. I absolutely love the combination of the small burst and the AJ style inlays on the L-00! I don't dig the two-tone bridge, however. It is a really interesting, great looking guitar, but I would not buy it for the following reasons:

1. The holes drilled in the back.

2. 1989 is before Gibson Acoustic's big comeback in quality. No telling what the guitar actually sounds or plays like.

Looks like plenty of quality in that.

Its probably a bench made guitar..which usually puts it in another league.

1989 is when the Gibson Acoustic became an instrument again.

The defective Fullerplast affected everyone who used it including Huss & Dalton who still use a durable non nitro finish.

Guys selling it say its one of the best acoustics they ever heard..I would tend to believe it is as they say.

Looks like plenty of quality in that.

Its probably a bench made guitar..which usually puts it in another league.

1989 is when the Gibson Acoustic became an instrument again.

The defective Fullerplast affected everyone who used it including Huss & Dalton who still use a durable non nitro finish.

Guys selling it say its one of the best acoustics they ever heard..I would tend to believe it is as they say.

You may be right, but I am not willing to bet $2,000 on it! I have pics of this guitar saved to my hard drive. I downloaded them from an ebay sale in May 2011, less than two years ago. When a guitar is resold that soon on ebay, it makes me wonder.

Still, great looking guitar! If I ever decided to special order an L-00, I would probably get it done like this!

I just took another look at the pictures from the last time this guitar sold on ebay. It did not have a pickguard or pickup then. I can tell it is the same guitar, though, because I can match the grain pattern in the bridge and the location of some of the holes. The guitar looks better with the pickguard, imho.

I have pics of this guitar saved to my hard drive. I downloaded them from an ebay sale in May 2011, less than two years ago...

A very useful way to follow old eBay listings, since they've greatly reduced the amount of time you can go back & search completed listings. This can also save someone much grief when a basket case guitar is purchased, repaired, & flipped back onto the market.

How are you storing listings such as this one? I suppose a screen capture would give you images, then imbed them in a file, or...?

Re: the holey guitar with only 1 bidder; why would they drill holes in it after they've "tested" it with whatever new feature (like a humongous, lam bridge, for example)? I'm sure there are faster, more efficient means of dispatching a poor little L-00.

A very useful way to follow old eBay listings, since they've greatly reduced the amount of time you can go back & search completed listings. This can also save someone much grief when a basket case guitar is purchased, repaired, & flipped back onto the market.

How are you storing listings such as this one? I suppose a screen capture would give you images, then imbed them in a file, or...?

Re: the holey guitar with only 1 bidder; why would they drill holes in it after they've "tested" it with whatever new feature (like a humongous, lam bridge, for example)? I'm sure there are faster, more efficient means of dispatching a poor little L-00.

I was not really intending to follow the eBay listing. I just saved the pics from the auction because I thought it was a really cool looking guitar. I remember that I got them from eBay. The files on my computer say they were saved in May 2011.

Archived