Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson J 180 cherry

JuanCarlosVejar

I agree that it sounds quite good. But, I can't get past its appearance. It's REALLY red and that pick guard is crazy. Wouldn't you think a pick guard that covers 50% of the top might have a significant dampening effect?

I agree that it sounds quite good. But, I can't get past its appearance. It's REALLY red and that pick guard is crazy. Wouldn't you think a pick guard that covers 50% of the top might have a significant dampening effect?

For me I wouldn't mind ... the fact that it sounds good with two pickguards is enough for me .If I could change something it would be the grovers.

I bet Tony was playing it with the factory light strings ... if we put mediums it would sound even better.

Thats the way I see it !

JC

Really like what we have here - the ones I've tried in real life over the years was dead and quite.

Bet this one is different - clear pretty strong projection from what is heard in these cans.

And how about the palette : Tomato-red - brown - white - black - gold, , , , and pearl

YES sir !

Not on the web-site yet, as far as I can see. .

Not according to Guitar Light. Read the Hummingbird pickguard thread.

The guitar sounds magnificent, though the pick guard seems a bit overdone from an aesthetic point of view. But to each his own right?! Just goes to show a pick guard doesn't affect the tone and volume as much as Hogeye seems to imagine it does. I love the red color, and the pick guard even seems to go with Tony's beard!

Yes, and I'm a little surprised they didn't throw star inlays on it, too.

But actually, I like it when Gibson mixes things up a bit!

I always liked the star inlays - show business!

BBG, that LW video is cruel. I don't have a red guitar, but when i bought a new pushbike, I was looking at the choice of bright puke green, moon blue and my pick: Fire Engine Red! I need a fire siren on it!

BluesKing777.

I always liked the star inlays - show business!

BBG, that LW video is cruel. I don't have a red guitar, but when i bought a new pushbike, I was looking at the choice of bright puke green, moon blue and my pick: Fire Engine Red! I need a fire siren on it!

BluesKing777.

ah you'll be safe enough

I mean , who ever heard of a fire in Australia ! never happen

Archived