Gibson Brands Forums

Got Gas?

Doug the Old Geezer

I don't think it's out of scope Doug.

The Sweetwater financing promotions are very hard to pass up. I've scored nice axes on both the 24 and 36 mo. promos.

The idea of course is to beat the promo terms and pay off the item before that interest kicks in, as the interest you're charged will not be pretty on a differed program.

But the good side is that if you budget it right, you can score some gear that you normally would have been reluctant to pull the trigger on. (obviously this is why they do this!) 36 months, same as cash it's hard to look the other way when you're drolling over that "next axe" .. that you clearly do not need! [drool]

I've been tempted to add a j200 to the herd with just this offering.. doing a good job so far at keeping up the resistance! [-(

Got Gas? Sweetwater Music has the answer for those of us who can't afford cash. 36 month 0% financing. They treat me right, so I thought I would give them a plug. Sorry if this is inappropriate for the forum. [mellow]

Got my j-15 from them and i got 24 month financing. Even put new strings on it free of charge on my first order. Only had one order with them but so far i have to say im impressed.

I got a notice in the mail yesterday from a bank I never heard of that stated they had taken over an account of mine ending in four numbers I did not recognize. They wanted me to know that the interest rate was 29.99%. I went to my desk and quickly learned it was my old Sweetwater credit card that I never used and had closed a couple of months ago. I then called to verify that the account had actually been closed and it had been - just an overlap in their taking over the other banks accounts.

I only mention that so you folks that do have a Sweetwater card make sure you pay off those promotional purchases timely so you don't get murdered with that outrageous interest. Better leave instructions with family members in case you get ill or hospitalized or (gasp) worse - so your estate is not inadvertently swallowed by that Gibson you bought back when. [scared]

This has been a public service announcement. Rock on! [biggrin]

exactly rev.

as pointed out in my post

pay off the item before that interest kicks in, as the interest you're charged will not be pretty on a differed program.

29% is about as close to robbery as you can get.. so definitely be careful kids.

for some people 36 months might mean - COOL! don't have to worry about this for three years,, don't be doin that!

Got my j-15 from them and i got 24 month financing. Even put new strings on it free of charge on my first order. Only had one order with them but so far i have to say im impressed.

I have had a couple of orders in to them, including my J-35 (36 months interest free), it's the only way I can afford this top notch gear. My experience has been the best of any music store I have dealt with in the past 10 years and they are 600 miles from me. I agree with Rev and Kid that you must be able to make your monthly payments that will zero out your order in the allotted time and heaven forbid you make a late payment. So beware of those issues, if you can't make the monthly payments ease your gas some other way. [biggrin]

I deal with them and have used the 24 months financing and yes you had better not be late or they go back and charge you all the interest you have not paid from day one, a practice used by most of the retail card promotions for interest free periods...Sweetwater is a great company I live around 50 miles from there and visit about once a month they seem to treat their employees well and have a great facility. I have bought two guitars there including recently the J-45.

I deal with them and have used the 24 months financing and yes you had better not be late or they go back and charge you all the interest you have not paid from day one, a practice used by most of the retail card promotions for interest free periods...Sweetwater is a great company I live around 50 miles from there and visit about once a month they seem to treat their employees well and have a great facility. I have bought two guitars there including recently the J-45.

If I lived 50 miles from them I'd be way broke. [thumbup]

If I lived 50 miles from them I'd be way broke. [thumbup]

Yep it is difficult I have to only visit a couple times a month, what a terrific facility and they are getting ready to expand the retail space now after last years expansion of the warehouse and office areas. they are really good people.

I got a notice in the mail yesterday from a bank I never heard of that stated they had taken over an account of mine ending in four numbers I did not recognize. They wanted me to know that the interest rate was 29.99%. I went to my desk and quickly learned it was my old Sweetwater credit card that I never used and had closed a couple of months ago. I then called to verify that the account had actually been closed and it had been - just an overlap in their taking over the other banks accounts.

I only mention that so you folks that do have a Sweetwater card make sure you pay off those promotional purchases timely so you don't get murdered with that outrageous interest. Better leave instructions with family members in case you get ill or hospitalized or (gasp) worse - so your estate is not inadvertently swallowed by that Gibson you bought back when. [scared]

This has been a public service announcement. Rock on! [biggrin]

I was 2 days late on my Sweetwater card but i didnt get charged the interest, knock on wood. And i hope i dont lol..

No interest is good but you never know what will happen. You could lose your job, get hurt and be unable to work and all of a sudden you have collections on your ***. I believe it is better to save your money and purchase with cash once you can actually afford it.

But that's just me. [biggrin]

Archived