Gibson Brands Forums

W.O.Y.M.T. ? Thread.

Digger

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did fall go? We've normally had a cold front in North Florida by now, but it's been straight summer! I don't remember an October so warm.

You ain't wrong?

As you get older is goes by more quickly and at my age months seem like weeks...Grin~

I'm visiting my wife in Missouri. I can officially report that fall has arrived here. Very different than Malibu:

67FD6C4D-F47E-48CD-AC66-1C524B4943A7_zpsvboevu5j.jpg

Very pretty, we only have one deciduous native tree in this country!

I guess that's because we only have snow in the ranges.

I'm trying to get all of my motorcycles up to snuff so I bought used left hand switch gear for the Buell Useless, next payday I finish paying off a used race exhaust for the Buell X1W and then I'm going to send my Triumph Sprint's seat to Sargent Seats and have them firm up the foam, make it a bit taller and add a yellow welt to match the rest of the bike.

Then I'm sending the Buell race header to Jet Hot to have it ceramic coated in a light blue and THEN I'm getting ready to buy my buddy's Triumph Legend and fool around with that a bit (bars, front brake line, mufflers).

I also need to get a new muffler and drop the motor out of the Useless and replace the valve guide seals and stem a bunch of leaks.

After that I may see about getting another Gibson Firebird - probably a used VII in metallic red like I used to own. Great guitar, cruddy middle and neck pick ups so they will have to go.

That's what I'm scheming on.

My sis lives in Melbourne (and yes, I know how to pronounce it [biggrin]). Love it down there. I'm working with a guy on The Mornington Penninsula recording an album. Can't wait to go and be "on site!"

Two of our sons live at Mornington and we lived in the area for many years. Currently living down near Bairnsdale.

Hope Sis likes it there.

I'm trying to get all of my motorcycles up to snuff so I bought used left hand switch gear for the Buell Useless, next payday I finish paying off a used race exhaust for the Buell X1W and then I'm going to send my Triumph Sprint's seat to Sargent Seats and have them firm up the foam, make it a bit taller and add a yellow welt to match the rest of the bike.

Then I'm sending the Buell race header to Jet Hot to have it ceramic coated in a light blue and THEN I'm getting ready to buy my buddy's Triumph Legend and fool around with that a bit (bars, front brake line, mufflers).

I also need to get a new muffler and drop the motor out of the Useless and replace the valve guide seals and stem a bunch of leaks.

After that I may see about getting another Gibson Firebird - probably a used VII in metallic red like I used to own. Great guitar, cruddy middle and neck pick ups so they will have to go.

That's what I'm scheming on.

It's good to have plans~

Haven't seen S-I-L and her bloke for over a month as they have been away so they are coming here to have dinner tonight.

I have a nice peice of boned pork and a decent leg of lamb to cook this arvo in the wood oven. Then will do a heap of roast veggies (yum) when the meat if done.

Life is tough here in the Antipodes~

IMG_0839_zpstggndxrz.jpg

1445826876[/url]' post='1705850']

You ain't wrong?

As you get older is goes by more quickly and at my age months seem like weeks...Grin~

Isn't that the truth. So are you telling me at 72 say 10 yr's from now it goes faster? God; it goes too dang fast now! I'm praying daily that God slows it down but so far it hasn't worked. Seems like weve only had a week of October and can't believe Hollowween is this Sat. Already.

1445909305[/url]' post='1706116']

Haven't seen S-I-L and her bloke for over a month as they have been away so they are coming here to have dinner tonight.

I have a nice peice of boned pork and a decent leg of lamb to cook this arvo in the wood oven. Then will do a heap of roast veggies (yum) when the meat if done.

Life is tough here in the Antipodes~

IMG_0839_zpstggndxrz.jpg

That is a nice looking stove.

I saw on face book today something I thought was very cool. Someone made a toilet seat and cover out of wood that matched, but the lid was a shape of a guitar body with pick guard and bridge but they did it so it was all flush with the wood in different wood colors and it had the volume and bridge control nobs too. Someone spent some time making it but I had to hit a like and shared it. msp_scared.gif

I saw on face book today something I thought was very cool. Someone made a toilet seat and cover out of wood that matched, but the lid was a shape of a guitar body with pick guard and bridge

I saw that too, and showed the wife who has been requesting a new toilet seat. She wasn't too keen on it, however. :rolleyes:

410453_2.jpg

Guest Farnsbarns

For a few days now I've been wondering how I'm ever gonna know which forum reading with this thread on the home page off both.

:rolleyes:

I'm thinking about vitamins and joint pain.

For the past few years my shoulder joints have been killing me and it's just gotten worse and worse. I ran out of vitamins a year or so back and temporarily took some of my wife's Centrex Vitamins For Women and it made the pain worse. I went back to my regular Centrex or Equate vitamins and my shoulders ache, creak and pop but not nearly so bad.

This week it was really bad so I decided to stop taking vitamins altogether and you know what? My shoulders are doing much better.

I'm thinking that there's something in the vitamins that I REALLY don't need.

For a few days now I've been wondering how I'm ever gonna know which forum reading with this thread on the home page off both.

:rolleyes:

I been wondering the same. I solved it by posting in both.

I have gone back and forth a bit wondering what to post where.

The multiplier effect comes into play. Instead of twice the fun, it's like 4 or 8 times better.

I'm thinking about vitamins and joint pain.

For the past few years my shoulder joints have been killing me and it's just gotten worse and worse. I ran out of vitamins a year or so back and temporarily took some of my wife's Centrex Vitamins For Women and it made the pain worse. I went back to my regular Centrex or Equate vitamins and my shoulders ache, creak and pop but not nearly so bad.

This week it was really bad so I decided to stop taking vitamins altogether and you know what? My shoulders are doing much better.

I'm thinking that there's something in the vitamins that I REALLY don't need.

Try taking turmeric for inflammation. Works for me!

More details available if you want them.

I been wondering the same. I solved it by posting in both.

I have gone back and forth a bit wondering what to post where.

The multiplier effect comes into play. Instead of twice the fun, it's like 4 or 8 times better.

Does a change of title help you blokes?

Was "What's On Your Mind This Day? Thread?

Now W.O.Y.M.T.D.? thread.

Hope that is easier.

Guest Farnsbarns

Does a change of title help you blokes?

Was "What's On Your Mind This Day? Thread?

Now W.O.Y.M.T.D.? thread.

Hope that is easier.

He he. How very accommodating. Thank you!

Archived