Gibson Brands Forums

W.O.Y.M.T. ? Thread.

Digger

My question is: if police come in and try to trick you to open your safe, and then nail you for doing so, and arrest you. Then how can they demand that you open it, to make sure everything is legal and in accordance to the law? I'd laugh and tell them to buzz off.

Sorry, what I meant was that if for example you aren't home, they can try to trick others there by saying "We haven't got time to wait for the licence holder, can you open the safe so we can check what's in there?"

If that person opens the safe whether it be by combination or key, then the licence holder will be charged as no-one else can have access to that storage by knowing the combination or where the key is kept!

All firearms and ammunition will be confiscated, shooters licence cancelled, and criminal charges then bought again's that shooter.

A very much less than fair situation in my opinion but the mentality here these days is that if you own guns then you are already guilty.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1447359935[/url]' post='1711138']

Sorry, what I meant was that if for example you aren't home, they can try to trick others there by saying "We haven't got time to wait for the licence holder, can you open the safe so we can check what's in there?"

If that person opens the safe whether it be by combination or key, then the licence holder will be charged as no-one else can have access to that storage by knowing the combination or where the key is kept!

All firearms and ammunition will be confiscated, shooters licence cancelled, and criminal charges then bought again's that shooter.

A very much less than fair situation in my opinion but the mentality here these days is that if you own guns then you are already guilty.

Well I guess it's like you said in that one post a little while back. "THATS A CROCK!" msp_cursing.gif

Today we baby sat the grandson, 1:00 to 5:00. We were trying to teach him to walk, he is getting so close. He can get up from his kness and stand holing on to something. So there is a toy they bought with a handle, like a mower, but has a lions head. We got him up and showed him how to push that walking around. The wife was right behind him helping and after awhile I think he caught on pretty good. He was pushing that around having a ball. We don't know if mom and dad actually work with him that much. Other then that I have 20 yard containers ready to go out Monday just from the back yard, and now this evening, you can't tell I did anything. msp_scared.gif

What's on my mind? Hmmm, other than tumbleweeds and cobwebs? :rolleyes:

I've just been waxing nostalgic lately. I don't really know why, to be truthful. Maybe because I am missing a few people who aren't here, I guess. I thought that going through some old photos of the people I'm missing would help, but I think it's just making me miss them more. The one person I miss (my Grandmom) has been gone for 33 years now and you would think that I wouldn't miss her as much now. She died of Ovarian Cancer when I was 9. I fluctuate between being mad at her for not taking better care of herself (she NEVER went to doctors - at least not until she was diagnosed and my Dad had to beg her) and leaving me and my sisters behind, and just being sad because of all the things in my sisters' and my life that she has missed out on - then I get mad again. The other people I miss are my In-laws (yes, I am one of those rare weirdos who genuinely loved my in-laws! I was very fortunate to have them in my life.) My Mother-in-law passed away in 2001 from Melanoma and my Father-in-law passed in 2013 from Lung Cancer. I miss their company, but I am also mainly sad for my husband because he hurts so bad since their loss. His Dad was a HUGE Philadelphia Eagles fan and there are times when I see my husband go to call his Dad to remind him about the game, then he catches himself and tries to hide the fact that he's crying. Does the same on his Mom's birthday too. It kills me that I can't help him. He has 5 siblings, but they aren't very close, mainly call when they want something. It drives me nuts because their parents wouldn't want it this way, but I say nothing because it would fall on deaf ears and it's not my place to tell them how to be a family.

Anyway, that's what's been rattling around in my head lately. It feels better writing it down, but I feel bad for being a Downer (Catholic guilt, I suppose. :) )

'Tis better to have loved and lost, than to never loved before"

I know that's a quote out of context but it will have to do! Love ultimately brings pain, and that is unfortunately part of the human condition.

I try to think of the good times I've had with people when I start to feel thoughts of loss and it helps me a bit, might for you too Rosemary?

Just a few minutes ago I started to get pangs of grief when I (out of the blue) started to relive feelings the night I realised that I was feeding our last dog Jess for the last time....I was sobbing but trying to keep it from my wife who was upset enough at the thought that we were putting Jessie to sleep the next day. Jess was 15 and riddled with arthritis.

I can't bear to think that she trusted us and was really good through the process when we were killing her.

We have another dog now but you never stop loving those that you have loved in the past. (and you never should)

Thanks, Digger! :)

I don't feel like this everyday, mostly on certain dates or times of year. Like my husband's birthday is tomorrow and I know it is going to hit him hard because his parents used to call him on his birthday and we would have dinner with them. Now it's just us. He is going to a race tomorrow at our local track and I have to help my cousin with his kids. We will probably go out to dinner on Sunday to celebrate. I just get frustrated because there's nothing that I can do to help my husband through his pain.

I totally relate to your feelings with your dog, we had to put our Bassett Willow down the day after my Father-in-law died (she had had a seizure when we were with my Father-in-law. She was diagnosed with breast cancer the week before and we were trying to decide what to do. She had Cognitive Dysfunction Disorder - Alzheimer's for cats and dogs - as well, but the seizure pretty much made the decision for us.) We feel guilty because we weren't there when she needed us most. We know we had no way of knowing it would go down the way it did, but we feel bad all the same.

In some ways, being nostalgic helps me, but I don't reflect too much because it brings up the bad feelings too. If I do look back on things, I do it by myself so that I don't upset anyone. I'm just one of those people who does better dealing with my feelings alone. For now, I put the photos away and I am going to focus on my husband and trying to make sure he has a good birthday.

Thanks, Digger! :)

I don't feel like this everyday, mostly on certain dates or times of year. Like my husband's birthday is tomorrow and I know it is going to hit him hard because his parents used to call him on his birthday and we would have dinner with them. Now it's just us. He is going to a race tomorrow at our local track and I have to help my cousin with his kids. We will probably go out to dinner on Sunday to celebrate. I just get frustrated because there's nothing that I can do to help my husband through his pain.

I totally relate to your feelings with your dog, we had to put our Bassett Willow down the day after my Father-in-law died (she had had a seizure when we were with my Father-in-law. She was diagnosed with breast cancer the week before and we were trying to decide what to do. She had Cognitive Dysfunction Disorder - Alzheimer's for cats and dogs - as well, but the seizure pretty much made the decision for us.) We feel guilty because we weren't there when she needed us most. We know we had no way of knowing it would go down the way it did, but we feel bad all the same.

In some ways, being nostalgic helps me, but I don't reflect too much because it brings up the bad feelings too. If I do look back on things, I do it by myself so that I don't upset anyone. I'm just one of those people who does better dealing with my feelings alone. For now, I put the photos away and I am going to focus on my husband and trying to make sure he has a good birthday.

I'm sure that you make the world of difference to your husband Rosemarie even if you don't realise it.

We all go through tough times. When I married, my wife was still morning the loss of her dad when she was 13. He died in a plane crash. I think what set it off was that he was not here to give her away. She had her uncle do it. For years I heard and listened to her mourning but what could I ever say to ease the pain. You can't. Takes time. When I lost the last Doberman champion I had I bet I cried for his loss for 3 years. What got to me is that we had to put him down, he was in so much pain I couldn't bear to listen to him whine anymore. He couldn't even get up. The vet subscribed pain pills that wouldn't work anymore. When the vet was putting him down, Bandit looked me straight in the eye like, What did you do to me? I stood their till he was gone but lost it. I could never get that out of my head and it's been 19 years ago. Then I lost my Father. We all go through those times. Like digger said, if we didn't love them, there would be no pain. I find that the hope of being reunited with them one day helps ease the pain.

Almost forgot. What's on my mind? The wife and I went to the Holland Center tonight, and for $20.00 excellent seats we saw Ramsey Lewis and Phillip Bailey perform. What a concert. Not loud, sounded excellent and groved to the music. Or should I say; Far Out Man! Lol. There would make a good thread. Name 60's slang. Everyone could contribute one word only. msp_flapper.gif

Almost forgot. What's on my mind? The wife and I went to the Holland Center tonight, and for $20.00 excellent seats we saw Ramsey Lewis and Phillip Bailey perform. What a concert. Not loud, sounded excellent and groved to the music. Or should I say; Far Out Man! Lol. There would make a good thread. Name 60's slang. Everyone could contribute one word only. msp_flapper.gif

Groovy! :D. Glad you had a blast!

All the victims in this mess are heavy on my mind & heart. I wonder if the French have ANY thoughts about the heavy disarming that they have allowed or even wanted. It will never change, there will be good people & bad people. Bad people will ALWAYS have weapons (bombs are outlawed about everywhere but they still use those). I know the French can't carry to protect. If people had been trained, licensed, and there the outcome of loss might have been totally different. I penalty 3 yrs. I believe I read to have a handgun or AR. The terrorists had both. My question is does ANYONE really believe that those towel heads would care about 3 yrs in prison as a penalty when they were planing on dying?

I know it's going to come over here again esp. in large cities or venues. I can only hope people will be ready and I don't me to run & hide. The police can't be everywhere all the time. We're like sitting ducks.

Aster

having a lazy day. SLIGHTLY stressed, in that I haven't had many days off, and feel like I should be doing something I want to do. So I'm not fully relaxed.

First weekend with empty house, also first weekend fully off. There's SO much stuff I can do, and plenty of space to do it with.

I might move myself downstairs.

having a lazy day. SLIGHTLY stressed, in that I haven't had many days off, and feel like I should be doing something I want to do. So I'm not fully relaxed.

First weekend with empty house, also first weekend fully off. There's SO much stuff I can do, and plenty of space to do it with.

I might move myself downstairs.

Glad you have got the place back and hopefully some peace of mind too.

1447630124[/url]' post='1712020']

All the victims in this mess are heavy on my mind & heart. I wonder if the French have ANY thoughts about the heavy disarming that they have allowed or even wanted. It will never change, there will be good people & bad people. Bad people will ALWAYS have weapons (bombs are outlawed about everywhere but they still use those). I know the French can't carry to protect. If people had been trained, licensed, and there the outcome of loss might have been totally different. I penalty 3 yrs. I believe I read to have a handgun or AR. The terrorists had both. My question is does ANYONE really believe that those towel heads would care about 3 yrs in prison as a penalty when they were planing on dying?

I know it's going to come over here again esp. in large cities or venues. I can only hope people will be ready and I don't me to run & hide. The police can't be everywhere all the time. We're like sitting ducks.

Aster

Well said. I saw a speacial many years back and a prisoner held for murder was interviewed. He told the interviewer, that criminals don't think like the police or civilians with carry guns. When a bad guy is trying to get away from being arrested, he could care less about the crowd. He will shoot whoever and as many as possible to escape. A officer or good guy will not do that and so becomes an victim if in the way. Funny though, since the France bombings and shootings, now my wife doesn't want to go places here without me and insists that I carry my concealed carry gun. Honestly I've never carried it much at all before. I feel like I'm just her body guard now. I've never run into trouble before anywhere. Plus something like what happened over there of that magnitude, it would be useless anyway. But your right. The police can't be everywhere. And you never know when something can happen.

Thanks dig.

I've got peace. Now I just need to find my mind.

Well if you find it (your mind) write it down, cuz there will come a day that you will find that note and it will help you remember you found it some time back. I only wish I would have done that as mine has been AWOL for years now. [biggrin]

Glad you have the place to yourself again. Disruption in the daily world is one thing, but when you have to come HOME disruption/dissension in your private "sanctuary" that craps way overboard. Even Superman has his "Fortress of Solitude" to hang out in. 1st Man Cave I reckon. [thumbup] He even had it decked out with all that technology stuff we do now a days and that was way back in the 60's. He was way ahead of the curve. [biggrin]

Aster

New oven looks great!

It was a busy day but we got all the electrical jobs completed and I'm happy about that as some were things i've been wanting to get done for some time.

We had done:

Oven fitted

Double powerpoint fitted to the patio area

Double Fluro light fitted over BBQ's

Double sensor light fitted to the front of the house.

Fluro light fixed in my shed.

Today I have to move the old oven up the hill to near the shed so I can load it for the recycle depot. Might also do a round of mowing today as the grass is looking scruffy again.

Here's a rough pic of the new oven.

IMG_0938_zpsrimcad1z.jpg

This one was slightly smaller than the old oven so I had to fit timber trims in to fill the hole. (LHS & TOP). It was hard to match the stain and it isn't quite right as you can see but Gael being an artist can mix up something close to the original and the paint shop can scan it and mix a small quantity for me. Then a coat of clear and job's right!

Also need to pressure wash verandah & patio today or tomorrow in anticipation of new patio furniture.

Now the exciting part.

Kellie has been spending 3 days a week at the hospital dialysing and that has been very disruptive to her life but yesterday she started home dialysis again. Why is this good? Firstly she gets to dialyse the whole night, 8 hours, which means she will feel normal and it will increase her life expectancy. At the hospital she only gets 3 or 4 hours. She has to handle complex medical equipment herself but did it for some years previously.

It also gives her back her days and she can resume full time work again. She has had 2 kidney transplants and unfortunately neither has worked.

I am very proud of my brave and uncomplaining daughter!

The new oven looks great. So glad you have Gael to help fix what you don't approve of. Now I won't half to stop by too help. "Chuckle". msp_flapper.gif My wife's boss way back had me paint a room she screwed up once tearing plaster board off. When I got done she swore it looked brand new. Then I got stuck painting the entire inside and outside after that. She had a plastic simulated wood door that she wanted me to stain and finish to match the Oak wood trim going around it. Plastic to match Oak woodwork with the grain. Took me almost a day to do the three pice door set, but it matched so well, you couldn't tell. Hope everything goes well with Kelly to. msp_thumbup.gif We just celebrated our 36th wedding Annivesary yesterday and it was Sundance's third birthday celebration too. We took him downtown to the dog bakery and bought him a Doberman Donut, a slice of dog cake and a bone.

Oh yes, Dog bakery treat are almost as popular as "THE DANG CUPCAKE CRAZE" goin' on over here!!! People spend, (and I try to always invest $$ not spend it [biggrin]) $2.00-3.00 each blamed cupcake. Dog treats are pretty pricey as well, but less than the people cupcakes.

Aster

Archived