Gibson Brands Forums

W.O.Y.M.T. ? Thread.

Digger

I have to admit that the photo looks a bit suspicious to me too.

"Maybe they are eating the giant squids?"

It's not me! I don't like Calamari "that" much~

I'll tell you this, some shark and calamari sound REAL good right now. Worth dressing up for.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been pushing the poor old tractor through some incredibly tough going!

The poor old thing has been twice around the clock and compression is down, and I had to push it into areas that i haven't been in a couple of years. Thick bracken and long, tough native grasses had the old girl on the verge of stalling a few times but I managed to push the poor old girl through thick stuff higher than the bonnet, running down unseen rabbit & wombat holes as I went. Saplings and all fell before me!

Before I even started new stuhh I had to do the boundaries and around tre dam again after doing it just 2 to 3 weeks ago. Grass is growing close to a foot a week ATM in some spots and I wasn't really wanting to do all that so soon again,

I gave up in the end because of massive hay fever, sneezing my head off, nose and eyes streaming....oh even had a spider inside the lens of my glasses but after 10 minutes I got sick of his antics!

More tomorrow hopefully?

So it's a quick lunch and then out with a spray pack to kill weeds which already are out of control.....did that 2 weeks ago too~

Sigh....life on a farm!

That guitar is my Rhino body shape. I made three of them. It's a neck through design made with the cheapest wood that I could find at the local box hardware store. Namely red oak for the neck and poplar for the body wings which are totally hollow. The fingerboard is rosewood. I painted it red then black with cheep spray paint then reliced the guitar. The switch on the upper bout is a pickup switch just like a Les Paul. The chicken head knob is a VariTone switch. The other two are a volume control and a rotary 3 way switch that works like this. 1.Normal 2. Mute 3. Active preamp boots. The pickups are neodymium powered humbuckers I called "Knuckle Heads". Best guitar pickups I ever made.

If feeding back because I'm actually sitting on the amp in the video.

I may make another one some day.

Thank's for the info, a nasty beast with varitone.

Looks exotic on it, have only seen them on Lucille's, and what was it the Blueshawk?

An interesting wood combination for sure!

msp_thumbup.gif

And on my mind today.....

I hear Jimi's voice in my head, one word "FREEDOM!".

And then Marley's: "no chain's around my feet, but I'm not FREE....."!

And I ask myself: yeah, where is it?

Looking around me, I see people thinking they are free. But are they? Really?

Am I?

And on my mind today.....

I hear Jimi's voice in my head, one word "FREEDOM!".

And then Marley's: "no chain's around my feet, but I'm not FREE....."!

And I ask myself: yeah, where is it?

Looking around me, I see people thinking they are free. But are they? Really?

Am I?

Good question Marcos. Apart from having various levels of government exerting control here, we are as free as it is possible to be.

Provided you operate within the law, you can come and go as you please, and do whatever you want to do here.

We have freedom of expression (up to a point) though "political correctness" advocates want to censor the things we say publicly.

Dunno? It feels like freedom to me, well at least compared to other places I've been.

So it's a beautiful Sunday Morning here of 28c (86f) and I'm not going to work today. Being retired days can run together and unless you do something different to break the week up it seems all the same.

So we might go and look at an art show this morning as Mrs Dig has 4 entries in, and see if she has sold any paintings?

Then maybe fish & chips by the water?

How's that sound?

So what are you doing today?

At work from 7am-12am. Not worked on a wend for years. It spurred me to other things I'd not done for years. Like buying white bread on the way home. I made a sandwich with PEK and original recipe Colemans Mustard. The really strong stuff that burns your frontal lobes. For years I suspected that the mustard formula had changed, but wondered if it was just a 10 year old boys old memory failing to update. But no, Coleman's revived their old full strength recipe a short while ago and I enjoyed a sandwich like I used to have 50 years ago.

So, after excess-overtime and a nostalgia sandwich, I opened my package from Gibson to find my replacement zero-fret nut. That's written up in another thread. I then played the new Les Paul with the replacement nut for a couple of hours.

Whats on my mind now? I'm musing on the preference order of my electric guitars. The expensive ones are not necessarilly either the best or even the favourites. The Les Paul is my 2nd favourite and my most expensive guitar ranks at number 5. Number 4 is a very cheap Hagstrom Deuce which has been at the luthiers for 5 months now. Yep, 5 months. I miss it a lot. I may get it back next week. I hope so.

Just cracked open a can of beer. Cheers everyone!

As noted in an earlier post, we're getting ready to move. Today has been spent packing some stuff (office things, cd's, video's, etc.) and getting ready for "Halloween" and the Daylight Savings time change. I'd forgotten how much of a PITA it is to move!

As noted in an earlier post, we're getting ready to move. Today has been spent packing some stuff (office things, cd's, video's, etc.) and getting ready for "Halloween" and the Daylight Savings time change. I'd forgotten how much of a PITA it is to move!

I mustn't have been paying attention Dennis, sorry. You have sold up and are moving?

Staying in that area?

In response to Jimmy, I know, many of you already know this but I guess I'm a late comer. On Netflix I was watching Woodstock, (first time I've seen it) and when they asked him to sing one more song, he told them, he's sang them all. But he got on stage, they start playing and he thinks, "Freedom". So repeats it trying to think what's next? So sings out, "Sometimes, I feel, like a motherless child." Then repeats thinking what would sound good next? Is that talent or what! Just out of the blue come up with a hit that goes on records. Amazing.

In response to Jimmy, I know, many of you already know this but I guess I'm a late comer. On Netflix I was watching Woodstock, (first time I've seen it) and when they asked him to sing one more song, he told them, he's sang them all. But he got on stage, they start playing and he thinks, "Freedom". So repeats it trying to think what's next? So sings out, "Sometimes, I feel, like a motherless child." Then repeats thinking what would sound good next? Is that talent or what! Just out of the blue come up with a hit that goes on records. Amazing.

I love that clip from Woodstock!

Drove through a massive thunderstorm last night to pick up some of Mrs G's paintings that were in an art show down by the coast.

Unbelievable rain, almost no visibility and lightning everywhere! That was a really hard drive with water over the road in many spots. Finally stopped as we headed back into the foothills to home but caught up with us over night and it teemed, still is.

Bugger! I had outside plans for today too.

Spring~

"Expired April 1st 2013". No. We've had this before. Geddoutahere.

Now look: the bass player in this picture is approaching 75 and cycled across the Alps last year for charity.

190414E_zps6e3aa892.jpg

At some point Mr D you are going to have to get your guitar(s) out....I may start a poll if necessary....I'm on the right BTW....

The very least you could do is entertain Bella!

Drop bears....my arse......

"Expired April 1st 2013". No. We've had this before. Geddoutahere.

Now look: the bass player in this picture is approaching 75 and cycled across the Alps last year for charity.

190414E_zps6e3aa892.jpg

At some point Mr D you are going to have to get your guitar(s) out....I may start a poll if necessary....

The very least you could do is entertain Bella!

Drop bears....my arse......

Drop bears on your arse....OMG, you poor thing~

Chuckle...I know when I get a harp out Bella covers her ears with her paws so I expect that my feeble efforts on guitar would elicit the same response!!

Yeah polls? Steiny started one of them and I still have to get even with him for that yet!

I might send him a new boarder or something.....hand picked....evil grin~

The wife and I looked at a Triumph Legend today. She loved it because of the low, flat seat. I'm going to pass as I'm too tall for the bike and I'm a sport bike guy who was hoping for a standard, not a cruiser. There's no way I could make it work for me.

Oh well, the search continues. I might be getting a later model Triumph Sprint which the wife is opposed to but I'm the one who'll be paying for it so tough noogies, lady!

Did someone say "START A NEW POLL" about Digger??

YeeeHaww. I just love polls, also, sweeds, fins, etc. [biggrin]

Aster

YeeeHaw? Not getting out of control there are you "A"?

Absolutely not!! Nobody said start a new poll about Digger.....you're imagining things I'm sure!

Now a poll about our canine friends, that's another matter altogether!

Woof~

YeeeHaw? Not getting out of control there are you "A"?

Absolutely not!! Nobody said start a new poll about Digger.....you're imagining things I'm sure!

To be fair, it wasn't really a question. Something on the ballot usually infers a contest, the one I made about you was a landslide before it was started.

I should go into politics.

Woof~

Archived