Gibson Brands Forums

W.O.Y.M.T. ? Thread.

Digger

Oh yes, Dog bakery treat are almost as popular as "THE DANG CUPCAKE CRAZE" goin' on over here!!! People spend, (and I try to always invest $$ not spend it [biggrin]) $2.00-3.00 each blamed cupcake. Dog treats are pretty pricey as well, but less than the people cupcakes.

Aster

I'd be right as I don't like cupcakes at all, well most cakes really~

My dog does not need biccies or cakes so I hope they don't take off here too.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yes, Dog bakery treat are almost as popular as "THE DANG CUPCAKE CRAZE" goin' on over here!!! People spend, (and I try to always invest $$ not spend it [biggrin]) $2.00-3.00 each blamed cupcake. Dog treats are pretty pricey as well, but less than the people cupcakes.

Aster

I'd be right as I don't like cupcakes at all, well most cakes really~

My dog does not need biccies or cakes so I hope they don't take off here too.

It might be Friday, which took its' time getting here, but I've already written today off as a loss.

Because I forgot my headphones. The day after I sync'd everything on iTunes to my iPhone. And bought a new album.

FML.

On my mind ATM I still space, the bigger picture of what surrounds us. This month Foxtel have declared as "Space" month and I've been enjoying lots of stimulating programming on that subject.

Even though the contest is over I'm still spasmodically classifying galaxies for https://www.galaxyexplorer.net.au/classify/tutorial/ enjoy that because it raises questions for me, and I'm enjoying the research that I undertake to find answers.

One question leads to another even more interesting question, and I fear that not having the education, nor capacity, is limiting my understanding of this most interesting of subjects. I wish I could start again and have had this interest earlier in life. Though I guess that internet access has been the main facilitator.

My version of heaven when I die would be a "Grand Tour" of the cosmos.

"If you were spacewalking and held a pencil at arms length, the area covered by the eraser if viewed through a telescope would contain 5000 galaxies."

On my mind ATM I still space, the bigger picture of what surrounds us. This month Foxtel have declared as "Space" month and I've been enjoying lots of stimulating programming on that subject.

Even though the contest is over I'm still spasmodically classifying galaxies for https://www.galaxyexplorer.net.au/classify/tutorial/ enjoy that because it raises questions for me, and I'm enjoying the research that I undertake to find answers.

One question leads to another even more interesting question, and I fear that not having the education, nor capacity, is limiting my understanding of this most interesting of subjects. I wish I could start again and have had this interest earlier in life. Though I guess that internet access has been the main facilitator.

I have a 'Space' folder in my 'favorites' Mr D....

Got Hubble? http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/

Cassini - Cassini is (excuse me) f***in' amazing....

....and they're going to fly it into Saturn when it runs out of fuel - http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/photos/

Mars - http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/

There are 2 or 3 more spacecraft doing Mars at the moment....one of the Mars Rovers is still working too...

Pluto - http://pluto.jhuapl.edu/

The Sun - http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/

And this is very strange - http://dawn.jpl.nasa.gov/

Out of this world!

Regards!

I have a 'Space' folder in my 'favorites' Mr D....

Got Hubble? http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/

Cassini - Cassini is (excuse me) f***in' amazing....

....and they're going to fly it into Saturn when it runs out of fuel - http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/photos/

Mars - http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/

There are 2 or 3 more spacecraft doing Mars at the moment....one of the Mars Rovers is still working too...

Pluto - http://pluto.jhuapl.edu/

The Sun - http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/

And this is very strange - http://dawn.jpl.nasa.gov/

Out of this world!

Regards!

Those links were interesting JDGM thanks. I reckon you and I could have a good old chin wag!

I'm very interested in results from Ceres especially if they find water there, as has been suggested. Could make a future colony and a good "gas stop" for future exploration.

Not much going on here, the Mrs. wanted to see the 4th Hunger Game movie today, ate then went grocery shopping. Went to work out but they had a power lifting meet going on so they had half the weights and equipment on the basketball court for those guys. And yes, Rob: Sundance is definitely spoiled. Our son is grown up and married so we treat the Doberman like he is family. We try to spoil the grandson when we can two days a week and our Doberman is treated better then most Show Dogs which I used to do in the past. Doby's only live about 7-12 years if your lucky. Wobblers syndrome takes most around 7-8 years old. So we try to spoil them while we can. The Dog Bakery makes speacial treats for just dogs, they use Caleb whatever that is and don't use sugar or any thing harmful to dogs. They can't have chocolate, it's bad for them and too much can kill them. I've tried a little piece of a dog cookie once and it's like eating a dog milk bone. But they love it.

Not much going on here, the Mrs. wanted to see the 4th Hunger Game movie today, ate then went grocery shopping. Went to work out but they had a power lifting meet going on so they had half the weights and equipment on the basketball court for those guys. And yes, Rob: Sundance is definitely spoiled. Our son is grown up and married so we treat the Doberman like he is family. We try to spoil the grandson when we can two days a week and our Doberman is treated better then most Show Dogs which I used to do in the past. Doby's only live about 7-12 years if your lucky. Wobblers syndrome takes most around 7-8 years old. So we try to spoil them while we can. The Dog Bakery makes speacial treats for just dogs, they use Caleb whatever that is and don't use sugar or any thing harmful to dogs. They can't have chocolate, it's bad for them and too much can kill them. I've tried a little piece of a dog cookie once and it's like eating a dog milk bone. But they love it.

I met a bloke last night that spoils his dog more than you do Rtd! He has one of those "slide-on" camper things that go on the back of a Ute (pick-up) and his dog can't get up the steps so he went out and got a caravan built with a bed for his dog!! Brand new!

Meanwhile Bella was languishing in my recliner while we were out. Guess we are all suckers for our pets?

1448221621[/url]' post='1714022']

I met a bloke last night that spoils his dog more than you do Rtd! He has one of those "slide-on" camper things that go on the back of a Ute (pick-up) and his dog can't get up the steps so he went out and got a caravan built with a bed for his dog!! Brand new!

Meanwhile Bella was languishing in my recliner while we were out. Guess we are all suckers for our pets?

Ha ha, yes we are. I like the caravan idea, when we bought the wife's car, we were looking at vehicles for my next car / truck that he can easily get in and out of. Sundance won't go out in the rain, sticks his head out and if it's raining he won't go out, so I put his rain coat on him, then get mine on and go out with him holding an umbrella over him while he goes potty! The wife was looking at Nebraska Furniture Mart at children's beds for small kids and wants to buy him his own bed. He sleeps with us in bed now but around 3:00 am he kicks her out of bed with his wanting to stretch out, so she gets up and goes down stairs and sleeps on the couch! Her step dad says that if he could possibly come back as something else, he wants to be our dog! Lol Sundance always sleeps in our good recliners too, he enjoys the sun coming through the windows there.

After a hiatus of about a month I hit my local yesterday as it was too good a morning to spend on the tractor!

It’s been pretty windy here of late and it’s hard to get the weather and commitments to align for a fish, but finally i got out.

Recent rains are still making their way down from the high country and as a result the water is flowing down at about 5 KPH and the water looks like coffee.

After an annoying start with phone calls while I was launching I finally settled down to drift downstream under the bridge. I pulled line up a metre or so as I have encountered the dreaded “Shopping Trolley” monster there before, and let me tell you he gobbles up all your terminal tackle quick smart!

I let my line down after I went over his “lair” and was in the clear, and though there wasn’t much marking at first as I passed another bridge pylon there were some juicy arches showing on the sounder!! I allowed myself to drift about 250 metres with the flow and it looked pretty quiet so I deployed the “leccie” and stooged around looking for fish. Nothing sighted so I headed back upstream from the bridge for another drift down.

IMG_0948_zps9ubsk7ac.jpg

This drift I had the line up from the bottom again and as I got to where I had seen arches last time my rod bucked dramatically and I grabbed it before it headed for Davey Jones’s Locker. Bloody hell this fish had some go! My first though was an XOS bream but I wasn’t about to find out quickly as this behemoth (or so it felt at that moment), was not about to come quietly! I’d win back some line, he would just as quickly take it back!

This was a strong fish!

After about 5 goes I got it close enough to see a silver flash and each time I tried to net it, off it went down into the gloomy depths. Finally I managed to slip a net under it and lifted out s fairly respectable Estuary Perch!!! It seemed too small for the fight it put up, and I measured 36 cm of wiggling fish.

IMG_0944_zpsqymheqkn.jpgBig deal I caught an EP!

Well actually it was a big deal as @ almost 70 years old, this is the first Estuary Perch I have ever caught. I hope it wont be the last!

I searched and found a few schools of what turned out to be undersize Bream and whilst fun, they were too small to keep . I travelled a fair way and found similar arches in a few spots but was unable to tempt any others to take my bait. or a plastic lure So in reality a quiet day but just great to crack my EP cherry and at least to be back on the water again.

The rain last week seems to have pushed the fresh down further than usual and that is why I found EP’s in places I wouldn’t have expected them, downstream by a couple of kilometres in fact.

I got sunburned in the boat, felt like a roast potato in a baking dish.

I need to learn to fish again. Terrible at it. I took my son out when he was small and had a bad cast for him, so I realed the line in and it hooked a small fish in the gill. Only thing we caught.

I worked out in the yard all day yesterday and today and on the roof and gutters. So sore and tired last night. Today I had to take pain pills for my back. 28 yard waist containers to go out Monday and I still need to do the front flower beds. That's probably another 6 containers with all we have in the bed. Then the neighbors tree hasn't even begun to drop its leaves. Guess we have snow coming our way next Monday so I have to get it all done.

All the victims in this mess are heavy on my mind & heart. I wonder if the French have ANY thoughts about the heavy disarming that they have allowed or even wanted. It will never change, there will be good people & bad people. Bad people will ALWAYS have weapons (bombs are outlawed about everywhere but they still use those). I know the French can't carry to protect. If people had been trained, licensed, and there the outcome of loss might have been totally different. I penalty 3 yrs. I believe I read to have a handgun or AR. The terrorists had both. My question is does ANYONE really believe that those towel heads would care about 3 yrs in prison as a penalty when they were planing on dying?

I know it's going to come over here again esp. in large cities or venues. I can only hope people will be ready and I don't me to run & hide. The police can't be everywhere all the time. We're like sitting ducks.

Aster

Here in AZ honest, law-abiding citizens are allowed to carry and, like you said, the police can't be everywhere. When we go out I'm usually in a wheelchair but I have my Glock .45 with me and my wife has her 9mm S&W. When we go out with friends, they are strapped too. We're not running or hiding and I bet half the other people in the theater, or wherever, are doing the same.

I need to learn to fish again. Terrible at it. I took my son out when he was small and had a bad cast for him, so I realed the line in and it hooked a small fish in the gill. Only thing we caught.

I worked out in the yard all day yesterday and today and on the roof and gutters. So sore and tired last night. Today I had to take pain pills for my back. 28 yard waist containers to go out Monday and I still need to do the front flower beds. That's probably another 6 containers with all we have in the bed. Then the neighbors tree hasn't even begun to drop its leaves. Guess we have snow coming our way next Monday so I have to get it all done.

I was out slashing grass in the heat yesterday but only lasted until about 11 as it was just too uncomfortable. With al the work you are doing I don't think I'd better complain when I have to get out there and do a bit~

It's alright I came in and prepared a lovely meal (BBQ) as Gael was busy trying to finish off the last of 3 paintings for this weekends art show. I slice chicken breast thin, pound it thinner, roll up over a piece of tasty cheese and wrap with bacon, secure with match sticks. Great with red potatoes sliced in half length-wise and shallow roasted in a pan on the BBQ and sweet local cob of corn. Yum!

Came in early though as it was a bit hot outside last night!

Today I'm in town early helping to load display panels for the art show and set them up at the other end. Opening is tomorrow night.

Then I have to go and pick up the 14 patio chairs I have ordered and bring 'em home.

Hope the show opening (private view?) goes well.....

14 patio chairs? That must be the whole family!!?

Tomorrow night is the opening of the art show which is members only and after that it's open all weekend to the public. Got the stands in and up, so they are hanging paintings as we speak.

It's a lot of work but the girls run a very active society with a couple of big exhibitions each year. Quite a lot of money is raised and that goes straight back in with improvements to the old church building that is their base and also art classes 5 or 6 times a week, plus workshops of a weekend. There is a lot of artistic talent in this area.

We took delivery of a large wooden outdoor setting last week and 8 of the chairs are for that with another 6 for an existing timber setting that had bench seats. Just received and distributed the chairs around the tables and they look good. One table will have to be lowered a couple of inches it seems.

Yes Christmas day will see a lot of people here and that's why we felt it appropriate to upgrade facilities outside.

Hope the show opening (private view?) goes well.....

14 patio chairs? That must be the whole family!!?

Tomorrow night is the opening of the art show which is members only and after that it's open all weekend to the public. Got the stands in and up, so they are hanging paintings as we speak.

It's a lot of work but the girls run a very active society with a couple of big exhibitions each year. Quite a lot of money is raised and that goes straight back in with improvements to the old church building that is their base and also art classes 5 or 6 times a week, plus workshops of a weekend. There is a lot of artistic talent in this area.

We took delivery of a large wooden outdoor setting last week and 8 of the chairs are for that with another 6 for an existing timber setting that had bench seats. Just received and distributed the chairs around the tables and they look good. One table will have to be lowered a couple of inches it seems.

Yes Christmas day will see a lot of people here and that's why we felt it appropriate to upgrade facilities outside.

1448480571[/url]' post='1715138']

I was out slashing grass in the heat yesterday but only lasted until about 11 as it was just too uncomfortable. With al the work you are doing I don't think I'd better complain when I have to get out there and do a bit~

It's alright I came in and prepared a lovely meal (BBQ) as Gael was busy trying to finish off the last of 3 paintings for this weekends art show. I slice chicken breast thin, pound it thinner, roll up over a piece of tasty cheese and wrap with bacon, secure with match sticks. Great with red potatoes sliced in half length-wise and shallow roasted in a pan on the BBQ and sweet local cob of corn. Yum!

Came in early though as it was a bit hot outside last night!

Today I'm in town early helping to load display panels for the art show and set them up at the other end. Opening is tomorrow night.

Then I have to go and pick up the 14 patio chairs I have ordered and bring 'em home.

Finally finished out side today. Counting the tree I cut down and chopped up I filled 38 yard waist containers to go out. It was about 3" or so thick at the base. What does Gael paint? Scenery, portrait, floweral, animals? Just curious, would love to attend her show but we have that other side of the world problem again. Ha, ha. I'm so glad I can relax now a few days. Thanksgiving tomorrow with the son and daughter in law. Then maybe to my mothers for dinner. Not sure, were in a winter storm advisory for tomorrow. Snow and Icey roads. Your probably enjoying your thanksgiving already. Happy Holiday/Thansgiving to everyone hear on these forums whatever country your from.

Finally finished out side today. Counting the tree I cut down and chopped up I filled 38 yard waist containers to go out. It was about 3" or so thick at the base. What does Gael paint? Scenery, portrait, floweral, animals? Just curious, would love to attend her show but we have that other side of the world problem again. Ha, ha. I'm so glad I can relax now a few days. Thanksgiving tomorrow with the son and daughter in law. Then maybe to my mothers for dinner. Not sure, were in a winter storm advisory for tomorrow. Snow and Icey roads. Your probably enjoying your thanksgiving already. Happy Holiday/Thansgiving to everyone hear on these forums whatever country your from.

Mate thanksgiving is an American thing, we have nothing like it here in Oz!

We have 90 kph winds here ATM and it was shocking in town this morning. I have heaps of branches down and probably a few trees but I'm not walking among them to look until it dies down a bit...perhaps tomorrow?

Ahhhh!The tyranny of distance raises it's ugly head yet again.

Gael really likes Aussie birds and flora, not so keen on landscapes but does do lovely portaits as well. Whilst she is good across a lot of disciplines, she is primarily a pastellist.

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

Digger's posts has me getting my tackle box out and walking across to the river. I really need to fish more, Im only a little more than a minute and a half walk to the river out my front door. maybe i should get off the computer, and walk outside. lol. Fishing is natures blood pressure medicine.

She does nice work. I'm impressed.

Thanks Mr G, some of her work is really good and she sells stuff at shows frequently. The "Duck" series has been very popular.

We have many close friends that are highly successful artists and who sell almost everything they do equating to a very good income in some cases.

There was a very big art show further up the line recently and our "girls" cleaned up the top 5 prizes and it seems our art society is held in high esteem by artists from the region.

We are fortunate to have a couple of very good art teachers in the area.

Mrs Dig is the current president.

Digger's posts has me getting my tackle box out and walking across to the river. I really need to fish more, Im only a little more than a minute and a half walk to the river out my front door. maybe i should get off the computer, and walk outside. lol. Fishing is natures blood pressure medicine.

That's good to hear Karloff!

Sometimes if things are close by we tend to take them for granted a bit. I have a big dam 80 metres from the kitchen and have stocked it with fish years ago. I seldom fish there mostly because I'm happy knowing that there are fish in there, and prefer to leave them in peace.

Fishing regularly helps keep me sane~

OK, who was that that said "Too late!"

Archived