Gibson Brands Forums: Your Acoustical Performances!!! - Gibson Brands Forums

• (55 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Your Acoustical Performances!!! Strut your stuff here!!!

#61 User is offline   larryp58 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:10 PM

Ok guys, here's the deal. I haven't made a video or got a YouTube thingy, but I recorded a song. I used my SJ TV. I played both the rythymn and lead parts. I also sang lead and the harmony parts. It was mixed on my buddy's computer (CakeWalk or Sonar). I have the CD here with me. How can I get it from this CD in my hand to you guys here on the Forum? I think the recording is decent, but I guess thats up to ya'll! I'm just a guitar picker, not a computer geek. So if ya'll can help me out, you can hear what I sound like!

#62 User is offline   DanvillRob 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationDanville, CA

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:16 PM

View Postlarryp58, on 08 January 2011 - 08:10 PM, said:

Ok guys, here's the deal. I haven't made a video or got a YouTube thingy, but I recorded a song. I used my SJ TV. I played both the rythymn and lead parts. I also sang lead and the harmony parts. It was mixed on my buddy's computer (CakeWalk or Sonar). I have the CD here with me. How can I get it from this CD in my hand to you guys here on the Forum? I think the recording is decent, but I guess thats up to ya'll! I'm just a guitar picker, not a computer geek. So if ya'll can help me out, you can hear what I sound like!

I can't help you, but I can't wait to hear it!

#63 User is offline   AnneS 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

View Postlarryp58, on 08 January 2011 - 08:10 PM, said:

Can't wait to hear it, either!

Now, if your buddy can use recording software, then he's perhaps the best guy to help you. First, he should be able to save/convert his file as either a .wav or a .mp3. Then, he can use Windows Movie Maker (or whatever Mac's equivalent is for this), add the audio file and any ol' picture, which will let him save the whole thing in a format that could then be uploaded to youtube. (If you all get that far but neither of you has a youtube thingy:rolleyes: , well...let's take just one step at a time.)

Or, see if you can copy the file from the cd to your computer's hard drive (not just play it as media, but look for the file on it, like you'd look for a file on any other kind of drive). It could be he didn't include the project file OR an mp3, but if he did, you could always attach it to an email and send it to me. I'll do the youtube two-step for you, then post a link here for all.

Don't know if that's helpful or even MORE confusing... let me know if I can help, though. I want to HEAR it!!
Gibson 2000 J-100XT
Gibson 1964 LG-1
Gibson 2014 J-45 Elite Custom
Ibanez PN1 Parlor

"He woulda taken the other road, but he didn't think the lake was that deep." JPrine

http://soundcloud.com/anne-rachel

#64 User is offline   DanvillRob 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationDanville, CA

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:19 PM

View PostAnneS, on 08 January 2011 - 09:02 PM, said:

Now, if your buddy can use recording software, then he's perhaps the best guy to help you. First, he should be able to save/convert his file as either a .wav or a .mp3. Then, he can use Windows Movie Maker (or whatever Mac's equivalent is for this), add the audio file and any ol' picture, which will let him save the whole thing in a format that could then be uploaded to youtube. (If you all get that far but neither of you has a youtube thingy:rolleyes: , well...let's take just one step at a time.)

Or, see if you can copy the file from the cd to your computer's hard drive (not just play it as media, but look for the file on it, like you'd look for a file on any other kind of drive). It could be he didn't include the project file OR an mp3, but if he did, you could always attach it to an email and send it to me. I'll do the youtube two-step for you, then post a link here for all.

Don't know if that's helpful or even MORE confusing... let me know if I can help, though. I want to HEAR it!!

Gads Anne.... This is why I play ACOUSTIC guitar.... I can't process all the computer stuff.... I'm and old man and a mic is pretty high-tech to me!

#65 User is offline   larryp58 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:04 PM

View PostAnneS, on 08 January 2011 - 09:02 PM, said:

Hey Anne! I did succeed in converting it to an MP3 file. Even made a movie with Windows Movie Maker (just a picture with the music added). Still can't get it here or YouTube. I'll keep trying!

#66 User is offline   AnneS 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:03 AM

View Postlarryp58, on 08 January 2011 - 11:04 PM, said:

Hey Anne! I did succeed in converting it to an MP3 file. Even made a movie with Windows Movie Maker (just a picture with the music added). Still can't get it here or YouTube. I'll keep trying!

Awesome...almost there! You'll need to upload it to either youtube or photobucket (I suppose there are others), but you'll just have to sign up for a free account (if you don't have one), and then up follow theirs instructions for uploading.

Holler if you need help![thumbup] Can't wait!
Gibson 2000 J-100XT
Gibson 1964 LG-1
Ibanez PN1 Parlor

"He woulda taken the other road, but he didn't think the lake was that deep." JPrine

#67 User is offline   larryp58 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:44 PM

OK, hope this works! It's my first audio clip (gulp!) I played my True Vintage Southern Jumbo for the rythymn and lead parts, sang lead vocal and harmony. Mixed it at my friend's house who plays guitar with me in the bluegrass band. The lead guitar part in the background is also the SJ/TV but with Hall#1 Reverb added. The pic in the video is my SJ/TV. Hope ya'll like it!

#68 User is offline   DanvillRob 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationDanville, CA

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:06 PM

View Postlarryp58, on 09 January 2011 - 01:44 PM, said:

OK, hope this works! It's my first audio clip (gulp!) I played my True Vintage Southern Jumbo for the rythymn and lead parts, sang lead vocal and harmony. Mixed it at my friend's house who plays guitar with me in the bluegrass band. The lead guitar part in the background is also the SJ/TV but with Hall#1 Reverb added. The pic in the video is my SJ/TV. Hope ya'll like it!

Larry... BRAVO! Great job! How I wish I could sing harmony. I'm hoping you'll post much more!

Is that REALLY your very first music post?

LOVE the TV Southern Jumbo!

Bob

#69 User is offline   Duende 

• Advanced Member

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:07 PM

sorry to use expletives but that was ******* beautiful!

#70 User is offline   larryp58 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:14 PM

View PostDanvillRob, on 09 January 2011 - 02:06 PM, said:

Larry... BRAVO! Great job! How I wish I could sing harmony. I'm hoping you'll post much more!

Is that REALLY your very first music post?

LOVE the TV Southern Jumbo!

Bob

First one EVER. I just sing and play live all the time. Never did any recording at all. Or posting any!

#71 User is offline   Gilliangirl 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationCalgary Alberta Canada

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:49 PM

That is excellent! I love it Larry! So haunting, and the guitar sounds divine. Your vocals add the perfect mesmerizing touch. Excellent excellent excellent! Going back to listen again..... [thumbup]
Karen

2004 Southern Jumbo (Magic) with bridge pins by Bob Colosi
2005 J-185 (Lily)
1993 Seagull S6 cedar (Jonathan)
2007 Epiphone EL-00 (Elmo)
1, 652 guitar picks (1,645 of them stuck between the barrels of the washing machine)

#72 User is offline   MR GIBS 

• MisterGibs
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria, East Europe

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:44 PM

Good thind Larry!
Well done!
https://play.google....eh7szjhwvbk3f6y
https://itunes.apple...09?i=1341773319
MR GIBS - Gibson Acoustic SJ 200 Custom Elite born on 06.02.2007 in Bozeman Montana USA - K&K Trinity Mini system
BILLY JOE - Gibson Acoustic J180 Custom Billie Joe Armstrong JAENH1 born on 18.11.2013 in Boseman Montana USA - K&K Triniti Mini syst.
COBRA/VIPER - Gibson Acoustic J45 Cobra Burst Limited Run of 75, born on 31.10.2013 in Bozeman Montana USA - K&K Triniti Mini system
MRS SUNNY GIBS - Gibson Acoustic J 35 born on 20.03.2013 in Bozeman, Montana USA -
K&K Trinity Mini system
...and a lot of non Gibson gear... including
MR GUILD -
Guild Acoustic D 55 born on 13.11.2013 in New Hartford, Connecticut USA - K&K Trinity Mini system
MRS ROZIE - 12 string Guild Acoustic F-412 born on 10.12.2013 in New Hartford, Connecticut USA - D Tar pickup system inside
OLD CHRISTOPHER - Martin HD-28 - born in Nazareth, Pensilvania in 1990 - K&K Triniti Mini system
ANGELIA - Zemaitis ZAJ 200 - born somewhere in China God only knows when in 2016 - K&K Triniti Mini system
ANGEL - PRS Angelus SE - born somewhere in Southern Korea God knows when, Ghost Graph Tech modular system inside for Roland G55
... and some custom made for me guitars that I keep in secret ...
... and some cheep ones ...

#73 User is offline   AnneS 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:08 PM

Oh, man...SO worth the wait!! That's awesome!
Thanks for bringing it to us, Larry. (Sound of clamoring--"More, more!!"Posted Image )
Gibson 2000 J-100XT
Gibson 1964 LG-1
Ibanez PN1 Parlor

#74 User is offline   onewilyfool 

• Advanced Member

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:19 PM

Larry, I'm with Anne!!! You need to pst MORE!!!! Great job!!! love it!
"The sole of my shoes is thin, and I'll soon be on my feet again" Lonnie Johnson

#75 User is offline   DanvillRob 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationDanville, CA

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

View Postonewilyfool, on 09 January 2011 - 07:19 PM, said:

Larry, I'm with Anne!!!

Does your wife know about this?

#76 User is offline   AnneS 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:04 PM

View PostDanvillRob, on 09 January 2011 - 07:32 PM, said:

Does your wife know about this?

Aw heck, if I had a husband, he wouldn't care....[wink]
Gibson 2000 J-100XT
Gibson 1964 LG-1
Ibanez PN1 Parlor

#77 User is offline   Duende 

• Advanced Member

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:34 AM

-

#78 User is offline   DanvillRob 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationDanville, CA

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:37 PM

View PostAnneS, on 09 January 2011 - 09:04 PM, said:

Aw heck, if I had a husband, he wouldn't care....[wink]

Well. you KNOW how reviewing each other's chord positions can get out of hand!

#79 User is offline   AnneS 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:58 PM

View PostDanvillRob, on 10 January 2011 - 01:37 PM, said:

Well. you KNOW how reviewing each other's chord positions can get out of hand!

That's what my first boyfriend said, when we were 10 years old and learning "I'm Not Your Steppin' Stone" by the Monkees!!!!
[wink]
Gibson 2000 J-100XT
Gibson 1964 LG-1
Ibanez PN1 Parlor

#80 User is offline   DanvillRob 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationDanville, CA

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:04 PM

View PostAnneS, on 11 January 2011 - 12:58 PM, said:

That's what my first boyfriend said, when we were 10 years old and learning "I'm Not Your Steppin' Stone" by the Monkees!!!!
[wink]

Just think what would have happened if you were learning "All Of Your Toys"!!

Share this topic:

• (55 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users