insanityVSchaos

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gotdamm Mr Jones, that is one beautiful Special!

How does the amp sound?

Right now it sounds like static. I blew it up a while back and have not yet had it repaired. I had hoped that it might just be a tube, but no such luck. Before that it sounded really nice. I think it has a lot more to give with a new set of tubes though. I must get it to my tech for an estimate. These things aren't as bullet proof as the old Marshalls.

• 1 month later...

Mine is a 2002 Les Paul Special Faded, with the humbuckers. It had been black, but I stripped it and oiled it. Got a very well made fitted hard case for it from Rondo Music, for about $65.

I have previously owned 2 older Gibson Les Paul Customs, and the Special is a better player, and can do anything I want to play...Great, fast neck, too.

mark

• 4 months later...

LP Double Cut Special faded cherry.. its a 2005 one but I changed the scratchplate to a five ply and added some classic tuners.. I actually restored this myself as the previous owner had sanded the top down (got it cheap on ebay)

DSC01195.jpg

DSC01194.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Here is mine: 1998 cinammon Les Paul Special SL Slab body with rosewood neck and humbuckers. Very Loud Guitar!

Hey, JAC, really nice Special. I'm relatively new to electric guitars and hope my questions aren't doltish, but here goes: does the "SL" designate humbuckers or what?

Cheers,

The pictures of members' LPSpecials are great to see and I'll add my own as soon as I finish my new truss rod cover, and get my wife to download the pictures (she's the techy half).

It looks like our LPSpecial Club is actually one thread. Which I guess means we can't begin new LPSpecial topics within the "club"...

I was thinkin about posting a couple of questions purely to stimulate dialogue.

Cheers,

Archived