Gibson Brands Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Sign Your Name — Sheryl Crow Notes ♫
  3. Klapesztor, Spróbujmy naukowego podejścia do rozwiązywania problemów; Czy buczenie zmienia się, gdy odwracasz się tyłem do wzmacniacza? Czy wypróbowałeś różne kable gitarowe i inny wzmacniacz, aby sprawdzić, czy buczenie nadal występuje? Czy buczenie jest takie samo dla wszystkich trzech ustawień przełącznika wyboru przetwornika? 😐
  4. If you have the time, this is a great video featuring blues player extraordinaire, Robben Ford. Came across this video early this morning. Having seen Ford and I own a couple of his video lesson DVD, I thought I'd watch. Glad I did. Like the Hermida Zen Drive he uses. He still uses his Dumble Over Drive Special, but for smaller, recording sessions he now plays Little Walter Amps built by Phil Bradbury. Little Walter Amps I did want to add that for those of you who live across the pond in England, Robben know resides in London and will be playing more gigs there soon.
  5. I really enjoyed your version of Desperado. Well done! In your first picture, what is the guitar on the far right? Lars
  6. I saw them 3 times. Once with a full orchestra.
  7. najpierw upewnij się, że kabel jest dobry
  8. I agree. they were a great band. RIP Mike
  9. Today
  10. Heard the other day Mike Pinder of the classic Moody Blues era passed away. They were so good and people slagged them.
  11. Many have it could be a bad ground, but it also could be other issues. Starts by seeing if you have a good ground every where you have metal on the guitar.
  12. Mahogany????.... I thought all Gibson Norlin Era Necks were 3-piece Maple
  13. Translated from Polish: I bought a new Gibson SG Bluberry Modern and it makes a humming noise. Has anyone had this problem?
  14. Hi, i have one #9 and i would like to trade. Mine is new, more than mint . Yours? Please answer me. Best regards, Diego
  15. kupiłem nowego Gibsona SG Bluberry Modern i on mi "sieje" buczy po czy ktoś miał taki problem?
  16. Coś to źle przetłumaczło
  17. Kupiłem Gibsona SG Bluberry Modern nowego i on mi "sieje" buczy, jak dotykam strun przestaje sprzedawca próbuje mi wmówić że to normalne. Czy ktoś miał podobny problem?
  18. Sounds cool. Free stuff is free stuff.. Maybe they are more from the 60s than 70s.. Or maybe it was what was left before Norlin took over. Donno... But worth finding out I think. It also occurs to me that maybe if its old mahogany it may be Honduran? Which would be well worth saving.
  19. Not 'stupid', Sal...............perhaps 'silly', but not stupid. There have been times in the past when I was tripping over guitars in the house. The old band got confused when I'd show up for a gig with a different guitar every time.......Fender, Gibson, Gretsch, Rickenbacker. Same with amplifiers.......Marshall, Mesa, Fender, Carr...........got kinda silly with it. Too many options.............completely submerged in wants rather than needs. Spent years and untold dollars chasing a phantom...........change for the sake of change. Still I suffer. I spot some apparently cool piece on the web and begin the mental gymnastics of convincing myself I need that one........this one will be the one......it's beautiful!........bet it sounds like a choir! Then the devil on the other shoulder pipes up and says don't be silly......we don't need that guitar........we just want it. I remind myself that all I really want is to play guitar...............to do that I only need one. When boiled down to their essence, a guitar is a guitar is a guitar........it's color, it's shape, it's tonal nuances........all those little things mean nothing when it comes to actually playing guitar......making music They all have six strings suspended above a body of wood.......they all make very similar sounds when struck. Regardless of my wants, a single instrument fulfills my needs.......... (The concept of free will comes to mind: our wants spring from where? One cannot consciously create a want.......they simply appear in one's consciousness, seemingly from nowhere. Where is the free will in that? Who or what put that want in our head? Well I can't answer that, but I can control my reaction............I can exercise free will in choosing what to do with that want.)
  20. Not to side-track the conversation, but "Pretending to be a fidiot" sound a lot like what Seaman Doug Hegdahl did while in captivity during the Vietnam war. An amazing man and an awesome story! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Hegdahl
  21. Justin Hayward is justly proud of his vintage 335. I did find the article where he describes his connection to his beloved Gibson: https://justinhayward.com/blogs/news/from-justin-my-cherry-red-gibson-335, As you accurately mentioned, Mr. Hayward had so many other projects going on besides the Moody Blues. There was an extensive article a month or so ago about Hayward's career and commercial success which, in hindsight, I should have bookmarked. As for the subtle and not so subtle differences between technology standards in the U.S. vs. the U.K., it's hard to know where to begin. Take household electrical supplies. ..in Europe and the U.K. household currents are 220-250 volts while in the U.S. they are 110-120 volts and the cycles measured in Hertz are different as well,. Metric standards were long ago adopted in U.K. and were implemented in Europe even before that, but the U.S. still stubbornly clings to the archaic British system of miles, yards, and feet. Road speeds are in Miles rather than Kilometers, Americans drive on the right side of the road while the British drive on the left. I would be terrified to get behind the wheel of an automobile in the U.K. and then have to make right and left turns. At least U.S. made Gibson guitars speak a more universal language. Perhaps I got it wrong on the "cheaper priced" Gibsons in the U.K. back in the '60's and '70's but there were so many bands back then and apparently a lot of gear was swapped, bartered, and sold amongst the bands and artists as groups broke up, changed members, or some decided that music wasn't enough to support them so they put down or sold off their guitars and drums and sought other gainful employment. Smuggling seems to have been a known phenomenon for quite a while in the U.K.. (and in the U.S. as well) It's seems there was the dreaded VAT (value added tax) on imports although the tax burden is probably less now than in decades past. I noticed that Gibson recently opened up it's first retail store in the U.K. in London. I'm curious to know how that venture is working out.
  22. By all means go. It's a great opportunity and a way to help move on from your recent loss of a loved one. I've made that drive so many times to see my parents in Palm Springs. Now that my mother has passed, I try to go out to see my dad as often as I can. He is 84, sharp as a tack but has a serious and rare health condition. So I go. For me, it's a drive that can last anywhere from 4.5 hours to 6 or 7. The benefits for you Duane are two fold as I see it. Take what ever he wants to give you and listen to him talk about your father.🙂
  23. Do you still have them (Shaws)????? I'll give you $300 for the pair
  24. She just put out a "huge" rock-n-roll album appropriately called, "Rock Star". It's one of her biggest selling albums. Come on man!
  25. "Signs" -- Five Man Electrical Band
  26. You guys trip out over the weirdest, dumbest things. That’s not a two piece nut, that’s the line where it was masked off during finish
  1. Load more activity