Gibson Brands Forums

How Much Oxygen Is Trapped In Bubblewrap ?

Murph

Lol. You shoulda posted that on the agf. Someone there'll know the answer :D

On AGF I learned about this helium treatment. You buy a canister... and slow leak it into your soundhole. It really opens up the top and makes it much drier and airier. I did this to three rosewood guitars and they sound like mahogany now.

On AGF I learned about this helium treatment. You buy a canister... and slow leak it into your soundhole. It really opens up the top and makes it much drier and airier. I did this to three rosewood guitars and they sound like mahogany now.

I could believe that ya know. The place is full of folk trying to get Taylors to sound less bright ... Gibsons to have overtones ... Martins to have less bass . not a big step to buy a mahogany guitar and want it to sound like rosewood.

Its like they all woke up and someone had swapped all their guitars for someone else's choice

I bet it's a lot.

They are filled with air dried to a lower dew point to avoid condensation. Besides the small, desert-like rest of air humidity left, the composition is that of typical air. Therefore the portion of oxygen is the environmental one which means 20% volume or 23% mass of the content.

72 cubic feet per 124 square metres.

Now that's what I would call mixing your scientific metaphors.......

At least you're bi-lingual when it comes to units of measurement.

Bi-lingual in a double respect: different units of length as well as different power, cube and square in this case.

It's a simple question of weight ratios!

These are according to the masses, i. e. 23% of the air weight, whereas partial pressures depend on the numbers of molecules which are very close to the volume ratio, i. e. about 20%. In metric units, one litre air weighs about 1.2 grams at room temperature, i. e. there are .276 g oxygene in it. Assuming normal pressure of 1013.25 hektopascals, the partial pressure of oxygene is 202.65 hPa.

A five ounce bird cannot carry a one pound coconut!

Lorry driver is spotted on the road occasionally pulling in to the side , getting out and smacking a 2x4 along the sides of the trailer.

When a cop watches this and pulls him in he questions what he has been doing every 2 miles with the stick.

Lorry driver says 'I have 5 ton of canaries in the back and its a 3 ton lorry , so I'm trying to keep half of them in the air'

Lorry driver is spotted on the road occasionally pulling in to the side , getting out and smacking a 2x4 along the sides of the trailer.

When a cop watches this and pulls him in he questions what he has been doing every 2 miles with the stick.

Lorry driver says 'I have 5 ton of canaries in the back and its a 3 ton lorry , so I'm trying to keep half of them in the air'

[lol][lol][lol]

BUT: It must have been a VERY large three ton lorry. Five ton canaries would be 200,000 to 300,000 of them... [unsure]

Archived