Gibson Brands Forums

Help Needed! Buying a Hummingbird on Craigslist

mackles73

The other issue is he's 2.5 hours away from me so if I try it out and turns out to be dud I'm stuck. Still 1800...not sure a deal like comes around very often.

Theres a few on ebay that sold in that price range but you don't have the luxury of playing it first

I find Hummingbirds to be massively inconsistent, in particular the standards like this one.

You will be taking quite a risk if you buy it unplayed. Ask for some sound samples, that can give you an indication what to expect.

Be careful with Birds.

I say go for it..... go in person to pick it up and if it's a dud, then don't go through with it....you're out one day of your life and some gas.

I think it's beautiful, (just the 'Bird I'd want).

I completely agree with this. The seller shouldn't have an issue with you wanting to play it first. If it doesn't grab you, then let it go. That way you aren't left wondering about what could've been. Good luck! Looking forward to your NGD pics

First, I am very glad to hear that Will (alias) is a good man and a real person! I didn't mean to suggest he wasn't. Just what was the protocol when someone is a newbie and has no track record and is selling... that is all.

Two, if anyone is interested in a Gibson Dove, 2010, with pickup, please PM me. I am in the process of getting the photos uploaded and accepting that I should trade it for another guitar I am currently in love with...price is $2000 shipped. Just about brand new. The difference between the standard HB is the natural finish, the pick guard, and the maple back and sides which make it a much brighter and louder guitar than most HB.

Congratulations on a nice acquisition! Keep the forum updated. Thanks for the inquiring about the one I have in the Trading Post. (thanks MB) The one I have is a little different in that it has the 25 1/2" scale. I love mine (I have two) and find them to be as advertised by Gibson as the perfect voice accompaniment.

And it's done! One proud owner of a Gibson Hummingbird. For 1600 bones I could not have any better! Taken this bad boy and stretched its legs and it has not disappointed. Happiest man on the planet right now. Tried to attach some pics on the iPad and said file was too big. Oh well.

And it's done! One proud owner of a Gibson Hummingbird. For 1600 bones I could not have any better! Taken this bad boy and stretched its legs and it has not disappointed. Happiest man on the planet right now. Tried to attach some pics on the iPad and said file was too big. Oh well.

Congratulations on your NGD! Live long, and prosper.

Archived