Sloe Gin

Californiaman

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer Cold Gin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxfUAxkJosk

It gets started at about 1:45.

Me too! Played the beejezus outta that one back then.

The Bonamassa character makes me yawn as hard as any other white kid of record company executive/music store owner/broadway producer with the "blues" character in the last...25 years or so. I got some "blues" for 'em all...

rct

Collectively, Kiss couldn't carry Joe's strap...the closest thing to a solo was flicking the three way switch up and down. That and dressing up like a clown...

It isn't a sports game, it isn't about carrying anything for anyone. It's like or dislike.

You don't have to like Kiss any more than any guitar player has to like Bonamassa.

The record stores are full of boring, charismatic, tiresome, young, white, over priviledged but acting like a poor kid "blues" players. The genre has been nurtured, polished, and fed itself by finding rich kids to fit the suit just like Greg Brady.

I am not the only one to think this.

Notice that nowhere in there did I say that Joe "sucked" or was "not good" or someone else was "better". He is most certainly a madly skillzed guitar player, but he is no less product than Kiss or anyone else.

And I know you don't need a lecture from somea ss like me.

rct

1373678321[/url]' post='1398624']

It isn't a sports game, it isn't about carrying anything for anyone. It's like or dislike.

You don't have to like Kiss any more than any guitar player has to like Bonamassa.

The record stores are full of boring, charismatic, tiresome, young, white, over priviledged but acting like a poor kid "blues" players. The genre has been nurtured, polished, and fed itself by finding rich kids to fit the suit just like Greg Brady.

I am not the only one to think this.

Notice that nowhere in there did I say that Joe "sucked" or was "not good" or someone else was "better". He is most certainly a madly skillzed guitar player, but he is no less product than Kiss or anyone else.

And I know you don't need a lecture from somea ss like me.

rct

Gee dude, I was talking about a guitar strap....you seem to have a real problem with white people, especially if they happen to appreciate blues, what are you some kind of segregationist? Just saying....Louise Armstrong said, "all music is folk music" , if he could tolerate white folk playing jazz and blues maybe you can...

Gee dude, I was talking about a guitar strap....you seem to have a real problem with white people, especially if they happen to appreciate blues, what are you some kind of segregationist? Just saying....Louise Armstrong said, "all music is folk music" , if he could tolerate white folk playing jazz and blues maybe you can...

Replace "white" with whatever form of diversity you would like.

Keep the word "rich".

Keep the concept that the rich parents of rich <your diverse ethnic background of choice> kids that are somehow connected to the entertainment industry manage to produce these prodigious miracle players and oh yeah! These kids somehow get record contracts! That's never happened before!

Does that change what you think I meant?

rct

1373680399[/url]' post='1398637']

Replace "white" with whatever form of diversity you would like.

Keep the word "rich".

Keep the concept that the rich parents of rich <your diverse ethnic background of choice> kids that are somehow connected to the entertainment industry manage to produce these prodigious miracle players and oh yeah! These kids somehow get record contracts! That's never happened before!

Does that change what you think I meant?

rct

So if a rich black kid plays the blues he is a cheater, because you have to suffer to play the blues? See there's my problem, I never thought of checking out an artist's families personal wealth before listening to them play, I just let my ears be the judge. To each their own. But you may want to consider that compared to 90% of the worlds population, every kid in the US is rich. Using your bias, we are all evil.

So if a rich black kid plays the blues he is a cheater, because you have to suffer to play the blues? See there's my problem, I never thought of checking out an artist's families personal wealth before listening to them play, I just let my ears be the judge. To each their own. But you may want to consider that compared to 90% of the worlds population, every kid in the US is rich. Using your bias, we are all evil.

Ok well, reading all of the words and comprehending the concepts seems not possible. Carry on.

rct

1373684701[/url]' post='1398656']

Ok well, reading all of the words and comprehending the concepts seems not possible. Carry on.

rct

Well explain the concept. Seems you have a real problem with children of successful people having any artistic desires...just seems odd to me. So from now on every time you post about someone you like, I going to be tempted to do a genealogical survey into their family to make sure they has taken a oath of poverty.

1373689577[/url]' post='1398676']

Odd concept... I don't think I have ever looked up the income level of a guitar players parents to see if I could like them or not. :rolleyes:

I agree. I'm just trying to figure out the details. Like, if you struggle a few years then make it, are you disqualified as an artist, or is there a grace period?I prefer your approach,,,,TRUST YOUR EARS !

Your pretty good at those one liners.

In matters of pure opinion a wise man once told me "If you can't get your point across in one or two lines, you probably don't know what you're talking about". I've been pondering that ever since. :-k

In matters of pure opinion a wise man once told me "If you can't get your point across in one or two lines, you probably don't know what you're talking about". I've been pondering that ever since. :-k

Yes - Concise arguments are much more effective. If somebody needs four paragraphs to make a point their argument's probably pretty weak.

Not to mention that alpha dogs don't keep looking at and worrying about the beta dogs. But the beta dogs will keep trying to get the alpha dogs' attention. The beta dogs are always worried about who the alpha dog is. They'll fight with the other beta dogs about who should be the alpha dog and which alpha dog they are invested in. That's how people work too.

1373695973[/url]' post='1398688']

I be that wise man wasn't a lawyer or a politician!

Jaxson,

I was going to give you a plus thingy for your post about Kiss not being able to hold Bonamassa's Jock Strap, but there's no plus thingy on the page.

Wonder what happened to that?

Anyway,

JB's has certainly honed his craft over the years.

He's also one of the busiest men in the industry. His candle is burning brightly right now and it looks like it won't be going out too soon.

1373738060[/url]' post='1398806']

Jaxson,

I was going to give you a plus thingy for your post about Kiss not being able to hold Bonamassa's Jock Strap, but there's no plus thingy on the page.

Wonder what happened to that?

Anyway,

JB's has certainly honed his craft over the years.

He's also one of the busiest men in the industry. His candle is burning brightly right now and it looks like it won't be going out too soon.

Yea, what happened to the + - thingy? JB can do any type of music he wants, he has proven he has a wide spectrum to his abilities and frankly he has impressed the heck out of me in every project he has taken on. There are very few artist that come along that can step from one form into another so seamlessly and with the same measure of mastery. We are the better for it..

Archived